Table updates

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Whenever I am traveling, I notice a nuisance with TPA. I want to launch some table and I get the message, there is an improved version of the table, which I would have to download.

First of all: I don't necessarily have a WiFi connection while traveling and I don't have a mobile data connection with my tablet and if I had it, I would not want TPA to update a table via mobile data.

When TPA wants to update a table, there is no way of getting out of it, other than closing the app, which is very annoying. So this would be great, if there was a simple cancel button next to the ok button.

Also it would be great, if TPA would check for updated tables and notify the user with the first launch after the app has updated, with the option to download improved tables now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Whenever I am traveling, I notice a nuisance with TPA. I want to launch some table and I get the message, there is an improved version of the table, which I would have to download.

First of all: I don't necessarily have a WiFi connection while traveling and I don't have a mobile data connection with my tablet and if I had it, I would not want TPA to update a table via mobile data.

When TPA wants to update a table, there is no way of getting out of it, other than closing the app, which is very annoying. So this would be great, if there was a simple cancel button next to the ok button.

Also it would be great, if TPA would check for updated tables and notify the user with the first launch after the app has updated, with the option to download improved tables now.
Yeah that would be frustrating.

It only shows that message when you update the app.

So as a workaround you could disable automatic updates for pinball arcade, and then when you receive an update you could download it and then make a point of manually updating tables at that point.

It would result in you not getting any surprise updates while you were out and about.

It's an imperfect solution. But one that is totally in your control, rather than the Dev priorities.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.