Table Pack #70 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I hope that Sorcerer is completely redone, since it's apparently not being bundled with another table like previous HOF releases were.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Hopefully an Ace High/Jive Time 2-pack will finish off the HOF tables at some point.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Too bad this last update pretty much ruined TPA for good. So close to getting one of my all time favorite and most wanted tables-and I now have to reformat my entire computer thanks to this last update.

Wait, what happened? I saw mention somewhere else about it wiping goals or something but didn't search further. Tell me what's going on so I can communicate it to the guys up at FarSight. And before I play TPA again!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Ouch hopefully it’s a extra 1 in the software or they keep good at least month dbase backups.

Edit - some good news it doesn’t seem to be the dbase as scorese are as normal as they get on iOS....guess pc users will needs waitbefore new high scores...heh

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
This stuff is local - so I don't expect a fix for that other than restoring a backup or resetting the high scores.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
This stuff is local - so I don't expect a fix for that other than restoring a backup or resetting the high scores.

You can’t simply delete the local corrupted files and have it download or create a new one from the online stats? Strange, by that logic you’d never be able to reinstall without loosing the stuff? Is there something I’m misunderstanding

Ohhhh you mean simply your own local high scores not to your highest overall?

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Wait, what happened? I saw mention somewhere else about it wiping goals or something but didn't search further. Tell me what's going on so I can communicate it to the guys up at FarSight. And before I play TPA again!

On Steam, all goals for season 7 have been awarded, despite not having them, and some of them I have earned have been scrubbed, TAF, R911, AFM are just a few examples of wiped goals. All attempts to use my back-up data have failed, and this includes an uninstall and re-install of TPA.

It's still playable, especially if you don't mind having a high score of 63,000,000,000,000,000 on Ghostbusters, or showing that you don't have the 3M goal on Genie that you've earned years ago and never want to go for again.

There is also the symbolism of releasing a broken product that now zaps your years of progress. I have forgiven FarSight for five years of bungling their signature product-all the little bugs and release delays-but I'm not sure I can forgive them this. If I do.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Mmmkay so this is an issue to you or are you simply reporting?

The issue is: I haven't got a recent backup of my save files, but well - not that important. I'm not that much of an achievement hunter and whether or not I keep my latest high scores doesn't really matter so much. It's just quite annoying.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
On Steam, all goals for season 7 have been awarded, despite not having them, and some of them I have earned have been scrubbed, TAF, R911, AFM are just a few examples of wiped goals. All attempts to use my back-up data have failed, and this includes an uninstall and re-install of TPA.

It's still playable, especially if you don't mind having a high score of 63,000,000,000,000,000 on Ghostbusters, or showing that you don't have the 3M goal on Genie that you've earned years ago and never want to go for again.

There is also the symbolism of releasing a broken product that now zaps your years of progress. I have forgiven FarSight for five years of bungling their signature product-all the little bugs and release delays-but I'm not sure I can forgive them this. If I do.

Rehtroboi, I was able to use my back up files to reset everything back to where it was before Farsight unleashed the apocalypse upon us. Well at least 4 days before since that was the last day I had backed up my files. Were the files that you backed up "pbaprg.dat" and "remotecache.vdf"? Also did you follow all of the same steps that Xanija posted in his guide titled "High Score and Goals backup and restore in TPA (Steam)"? You may already know this (I didn't until I read Xanija's guide), but you can't just simply take these two back-up files and copy over the old corrupted files. You need to give your back-up files a newer time stamp than the Steam cloud files or else the ones in the cloud will just keep re-corrupting your local files.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Rehtroboi, I was able to use my back up files to reset everything back to where it was before Farsight unleashed the apocalypse upon us. Well at least 4 days before since that was the last day I had backed up my files. Were the files that you backed up "pbaprg.dat" and "remotecache.vdf"? Also did you follow all of the same steps that Xanija posted in his guide titled "High Score and Goals backup and restore in TPA (Steam)"? You may already know this (I didn't until I read Xanija's guide), but you can't just simply take these two back-up files and copy over the old corrupted files. You need to give your back-up files a newer time stamp than the Steam cloud files or else the ones in the cloud will just keep re-corrupting your local files.

I don't have the files from the 23xxxx backed up. All I had were the files from my games (still have them and they were last modified on 11/29 this year) and the file from my failed attempt to restore from Game save manager (my advice-stay away it doesn't work).

I appreciate the feedback and your efforts to help, but they will not help me in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online