Table Pack #70 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I don't have the files from the 23xxxx backed up. All I had were the files from my games (still have them and they were last modified on 11/29 this year) and the file from my failed attempt to restore from Game save manager (my advice-stay away it doesn't work).

I appreciate the feedback and your efforts to help, but they will not help me in this case.

If you have the files from MyGames\Pinball Arcade\ but not from Steam/userdata/<Steam ID>/238260 you can still make it work because I was in the same boat. These are probably what Game save manager backs up because up to about a year and a half ago that was all you needed.

As I responded to Pod in the PC thread, what I did was first, take Steam offline then delete the files in Steam/userdata/<Steam ID>/238260. Then restore your backup files to MyGames\Pinball Arcade\ overwriting what is there. When you then start TPA while offline, it should create a new set of files in Steam/userdata/<Steam ID>/238260 based on your backup data. Verify that the scores and goals are now correct in TPA. You then have to change the localtime value in remotecache.vdf as outlined in Xanija's Guide (pbaprg.dat should have a new timestamp, so no editing needed, but remotecache.vdf will have the localtime value from your backups). After you have replaced the files in MyGames\Pinball Arcade\ and edited remotecache.vdf you can then take Steam back online and it should ask you if you want to overwrite the cloud save with your newer local data. Select your local save and you should be good to go.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
If you have the files from MyGames\Pinball Arcade\ but not from Steam/userdata/<Steam ID>/238260 you can still make it work because I was in the same boat. These are probably what Game save manager backs up because up to about a year and a half ago that was all you needed.

As I responded to Pod in the PC thread, what I did was first, take Steam offline then delete the files in Steam/userdata/<Steam ID>/238260. Then restore your backup files to MyGames\Pinball Arcade\ overwriting what is there. When you then start TPA while offline, it should create a new set of files in Steam/userdata/<Steam ID>/238260 based on your backup data. Verify that the scores and goals are now correct in TPA. You then have to change the localtime value in remotecache.vdf as outlined in Xanija's Guide (pbaprg.dat should have a new timestamp, so no editing needed, but remotecache.vdf will have the localtime value from your backups). After you have replaced the files in MyGames\Pinball Arcade\ and edited remotecache.vdf you can then take Steam back online and it should ask you if you want to overwrite the cloud save with your newer local data. Select your local save and you should be good to go.

I like your method. A little easier and fewer steps than with Xanija's Guide. I also make back up copies of the MyGames files along with the pbaprg.dat and remotecache.vdf files. If I ever need to do this again I will try your method.

Rehtroboi, please don't give up and give this a try.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I like your method. A little easier and fewer steps than with Xanija's Guide. I also make back up copies of the MyGames files along with the pbaprg.dat and remotecache.vdf files. If I ever need to do this again I will try your method.

I'll try it this weekend on my days off. Thanks!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
There's a big difference between that and

Which is also a big difference between what I thought at first and what actually happened. Turns out it was just that corrupt file and not my computer itself. Face it to this point-this is the most destructive update to TPA yet.

At least I still have 25 unique tokens in SC. I'm scared to death of losing those-biggest grinder achievement in TPA ever. I don't think I can ever hit 3M in Genie with the new physics-my best score has been 400K with the new physics in place.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

It worked! Just have to roll the score on Spanish Eyes again to get all my goals current. Good thing I had backed up my high score files. I recommend to all that you do this before any update. Back it up to a thumb drive if necessary.

Many thanks to all who helped. Game on!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Back on topic.

So Sorcerer is the next table. Let's take a look at how it was on the Williams Collection:

maxresdefault.jpg

A bit of trivia. This actually used GI effects across the table. Not enough to affect the entire playfield, but it was interesting to see that effect of all others that were available on PHoF.

I'm expecting, of course, the lighting to be much better. I think there are a few photos of a real Sorcerer in a dark room on that game as well.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
It worked! Just have to roll the score on Spanish Eyes again to get all my goals current. Good thing I had backed up my high score files. I recommend to all that you do this before any update. Back it up to a thumb drive if necessary.

Many thanks to all who helped. Game on!

Very glad to hear it rehtroboi. Happy New Year!!

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I never got the newsletter this month for some reason - can someone forward or post a link?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Sorcerer showed up on Steam achievements. Table pack #70 Speculation-it's been real! The mods know the drill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.