Season 8 wishlist

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
A different thread reminded me of this, but I wish they would start adding some of the classic default add-a-ball games. There are plenty of good ones. Capt. Card, Dimension, Free Fall, Ice Show, Palace Guard, Subway, Home Run, Big Top, just to name a few. I'd be happy with any combination of those in an EM 2-pack.

Big Top is great and is only AAB (and one of the few two player AAB). I much prefer Crosstown to Subway. I can almost go infinite on Subway at PHOF and don't play it anymore. The increased scoring tree in Crosstown works great and that's my #2 60's game. My #1 60's favorite is Majorettes. That's the perfect AAB game (no replay version). Not many made and would be great to preserve. I would advocate more for it but figure no chance.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Mousin' Around!
The Shadow
Big Guns
Fire!
Congo
Party Animal
The Bally Game Show
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
The Flintstones
Corvette

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Every time we do this type of thread, people bring up Indiana Jones. I still don’t imagine we will ever see it, as it must be a license nightmare. But it would be great, wouldn’t it? The dots and sound are top notch. Some of the best theme integration in pinball. Sure is fun to play. Maybe Farsight can work a miracle for us.
I’d take an entire season of Gottlieb Premier pins if Indy was mixed in with it. Just don’t tell SYT that I said that. ;)

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I’d take an entire season of Gottlieb Premier pins if Indy was mixed in with it.

Stargate
Freddy
Surf 'n Safari
Super Mario Bros.
Tag-Team Pinball
Street Fighter II
Car Hop
Silver Slugger
Amazon II

Works for me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Stargate
Freddy
Surf 'n Safari
Super Mario Bros.
Tag-Team Pinball
Street Fighter II
Car Hop
Silver Slugger
Amazon II

Works for me.

Good work Citizen. I’d go for that as well. Although I’d swap one for Genesis, which I really like. Nice that you included Car Hop. I think that is a pretty good pin for one of those street level tables.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Stargate
Freddy
Surf 'n Safari
Super Mario Bros.
Tag-Team Pinball
Street Fighter II
Car Hop
Silver Slugger
Amazon II

Works for me.

Heh. First reference I've seen anyone make to Amazon Hunt II. Same as Amazon Hunt which is a remake/rethemed Fast Draw but with extra ball possibility.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Every time we do this type of thread, people bring up Indiana Jones. I still don’t imagine we will ever see it, as it must be a license nightmare. But it would be great, wouldn’t it? The dots and sound are top notch. Some of the best theme integration in pinball. Sure is fun to play. Maybe Farsight can work a miracle for us.
I’d take an entire season of Gottlieb Premier pins if Indy was mixed in with it. Just don’t tell SYT that I said that. ;)

We can still hope for it. It's the only machine that is missing from the (current) top 10 @ipdb.org

From the current top 11-20 @ipdb we miss
# 11 - 2013 The Wizard of Oz by Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
# 17 - 2003 The Lord of the Rings by Stern

From the current top 21-30 @ipdb we miss
#24 - 1994 The Shadow by Bally
#25 - 1994 Guns N' Roses by Data East Pinball, Incorporated
#26 - 2007 Spider-Man by Stern
#28 - 1993 Jurassic Park by Data East Pinball, Incorporated
#29 - 1995 Stargate by Gottlieb

And finishing this list 31-50:
#32 - 1999 Revenge From Mars by Bally
#33 - 2012 Metallica Master of Puppets (Limited Edition)
#34 - 1992 Star Wars by Data East Pinball, Incorporated
#35 - 2011 Disney TRON Legacy by Stern
#37 - 2003 The Simpsons Pinball Party by Stern
#40 - 1995 Congo by Williams
#42 - 1995 Pinball Magic by Capcom
#47 - 1981 Flash Gordon by Bally
#49 - 2008 Batman by Stern

I guess all those tables have multiple license issues, regarding to artwork, music and brandnames.
Revenge from Mars might be the only we see from this list?
And maybe Metallica and Guns and Roses.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Revenge from Mars might be the only we see from this list?

It's no licensing problem, but RFM means emulating that whole new Pinball 2000 hardware platform. Which would only ever be used for the one game, unless a miracle of licensing happens for Star Wars Episode 1 or Williams unearths the corpse of Wizard Blocks.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh I seriously doubt we’ll see RFM as FarSight would have to emulate Pinball 2000, of which there’s only one other table with that and it’s Star Wars. Also, the whole hologram business. I could see them getting on the cheap licensing for Flash Gordon, Congo, and maybe The Shadow or Stargate. Everything else is an obvious big money deal.

Pinball Magic is totally doable. Metallica happens only if Stern wrote digital pinball into the initial IP or re-ups for a vault edition. That’s how we might see a Spider-Man table, comic book edition. JJP tables are not in the cards as FS has no contract with them nor have they even approached them to the best of my knowledge. If FS wants Simpsons, they better act fast as Disney is in talks right now to buy all of Fox movie and television divisions. LotR has been inquired about, but apparently WB wants a lot for any of their licenses.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
If FS wants Simpsons, they better act fast as Disney is in talks right now to buy all of Fox movie and television divisions. LotR has been inquired about, but apparently WB wants a lot for any of their licenses.

Or we get a Disney Pinball Arcade and a WB Pinball Arcade :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Oh I seriously doubt we’ll see RFM as FarSight would have to emulate Pinball 2000, of which there’s only one other table with that and it’s Star Wars. Also, the whole hologram business. I could see them getting on the cheap licensing for Flash Gordon, Congo, and maybe The Shadow or Stargate. Everything else is an obvious big money deal.

Pinball Magic is totally doable. Metallica happens only if Stern wrote digital pinball into the initial IP or re-ups for a vault edition. That’s how we might see a Spider-Man table, comic book edition. JJP tables are not in the cards as FS has no contract with them nor have they even approached them to the best of my knowledge. If FS wants Simpsons, they better act fast as Disney is in talks right now to buy all of Fox movie and television divisions. LotR has been inquired about, but apparently WB wants a lot for any of their licenses.

Great, just great! Disney owning more stuff! That was pure sarcasm, btw.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Great, just great! Disney owning more stuff! That was pure sarcasm, btw.

I’m not a fan of all these companies rolling into one, believe me. The positives for Marvel or Star Wars fans though are pretty significant. We might actually get the ‘unspecialized’ versions of the original trilogy. Fantastic Four might finally get a good movie. The word mutant and finally be uttered in an MCU movie. And presumably Fox division and it’s logo would continue. Think of it like how Touchstone is Disney. So Deadpool could stay R rated under that banner. Same with Alien and Predator. Avatar might switch banners, simply because there’s already a theme land at Disneyworld.

Disney won’t own the sports or news divisions, and they won’t own the television network. They’ll just own the ENTIRE LIBRARY of content, which boggles my mind. This is huge, since they are starting their streaming service soon and can immediately rival what Netflix has. No way would I pay for Disney only content, but Fox is responsible for many of my favorite movies ever. It’s gonna be a stupid large sale number. I’m guessing 20+ billion easy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, just saw an article right now on Disney/Fox deal. I wasn’t even close. $60 billion is one price I saw, another was an all stock purchase worth 70-74 billion. Article went on to say exactly what I did regarding content for Streaming. Also said reason it’s even being put up for sale is the rise of Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu while traditional outlets are shrinking. Netflix has moved all its production to Los Angeles, has leased out massive amounts of stage space, and is looking to spend something like 8 billion on original content next year.

karl

May 10, 2012
In no particular order

01. Stars
02. Quicksilver
03. Big Game
04. Meteor
05. Seawitch
06. Cheetah
07. Stargazer
08. Galaxy
09. Nineball