Season 8 wishlist

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
In our interview with Bobby, he said they are looking to release 5 tables a year. I don't know if that will be the new 'season' or not, but there ya go.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So my new season 8 list after Star Trek, Mustang, AC/DC, Whoa Nellie! and Big Buck Hunter are released:

1. Quicksilver(Stern Electronics)
2. Seawitch(Stern Electronics) - really hope Farsight can bring more the Stern classic tables to TPA
3. Joker Poker(Gottlieb)
4. Spirit(Gottlieb) possible Halloween theme table here
5. Mystery Castle(Alvin G. & Co.)
6-7. Abra Ca Dabra and Royal Flush(4p) - EM 2-pack

If they happen to bring any Data East tables, will hope for Laser War and Time Machine.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'm guessing 2018 will be dedicated to just getting AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek ported, getting Whoa Nellie and Buck Hunter added to both games, working on their ability to recreate Stern LED/LCD screens, and maybe/hopefully working on a Capcom deal. So instead of a "Season 8" wishlist (since I personally think "Season 8" is just going to be a pack of the 5 tables we already know about), here's my "2019 Wishlist":

-Batman 66
-Aerosmith
-Pinball Magic
-Seawitch
-Joker Poker

I dunno if that's even reasonable for 2019. Maybe 2020. But by 2020 I'd be hoping for Iron Maiden as one of my Stern LCD picks, then, instead of one of those two.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If they do get the LCD problem tackled, Bobby mentioned that the goal is to go day and date with the actual release of the real thing. Says that licensing provision is built into the current Stern machines too.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
For modern Sterns my wishlist is:

- Iron Man
- Walking Dead
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Iron Maiden
- Lord of the Rings
- Batman 66

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
-Iron Maiden
-Batman 66
-Metallica
-Big Bang Bar (not realistic but I really want this one)
-Tales from the Crypt (even less realistic since not even TNT could figure out the complicated rights structure)
-Abra Ca Dabra and Royal Flush

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Much more realistic now than in the past, because of the advance in hardware. This was from the BlahCade podcast with Bobby King (VP of Farsight).

Plus there's a BBB at the Banning Museum of Pinball, so FarSight wouldn't have to worry about trying to buy one of these exceedingly rare machines. They also have Breakshot, Pinball Magic, and (name escapes me) the jet fighter one. And didn't I read that Kingpin was getting ready for a release in the real world? Suddenly working out emulation for Capcom begins to make sense.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, Circus Maximus wants to get Kingpin out by early 2019. They had one at the Texas Pinball Festival. Wish I could have taken a crack at it.

Airborne is the jet one. Does Banning have a Flipper Football?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, Circus Maximus wants to get Kingpin out by early 2019. They had one at the Texas Pinball Festival. Wish I could have taken a crack at it.

Airborne is the jet one. Does Banning have a Flipper Football?

I don’t recall seeing that, but it’s also been 2 years since I went last.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I played a Flipper Football at the old pinball museum in DC before it closed down. It wasn't very good from what I recall. That museum has been gone for years though, so I probably won't get another shot at it anytime soon.

Striker

May 26, 2017
I played a Flipper Football at the old pinball museum in DC before it closed down. It wasn't very good from what I recall. That museum has been gone for years though, so I probably won't get another shot at it anytime soon.

Not only is the museum long gone, but so is the Georgetown shopping mall it was in. They gutted it and turned it into a bowling alley, and a bunch of storefronts like H&M. Rudy is right, the museum wasn't very good. A few rooms with mannequins talking about the early days of pinball, then some machines for play in the end.

midnightclubx

May 8, 2018
I agree with the above statements; I won't lose any sleep if we never see Flipper Football in TPA. XD

I played a couple games on it in Banning, and it was so boring. The rest of Capcom's tables play a lot better by comparison (I think Breakshot would be perfect for TPA, all things considered)!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Since there are only 4 or 5 tables....I would prefer to see tables that could make it over to Arcooda....but they will probably be Sterns.

What I think it will be:
1) Metallica
2) Star Trek
3) Aces High
4) Genesis
5) Mustang

What I hope it will be:
1) BBB
2) Breakshot
3) Pinball Magic
4) Genesis
5) Seawitch

Last edited:

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
now that I've actually seen the table, I really want to see Farsight release Tron: Legacy. I have seen some video of it and it's gorgeous.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.