Season 8 wishlist

karl

May 10, 2012
Now we know that sess 8 probably will include star Trek, AC/DC, Mustang and a couple of others. Not very exciting in other words :(

I belive that the time for me to get excited about forthcoming releases from TPA is over. I am ready to eat my words if I am wrong, though.

I will still be thrilled every time the Stern App gets another release, but those are so far between that there is no reason to wait in anticipation.

I will take everything that TPA and STPA give me but that's it.

So sad about the Bally/Williams thing but everything must come to an end

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Considering the recent announcement, I'd like to see more late 70's Gottlieb EMs and plenty of classic Stern pins (Seawitch, Stars, etc.).

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Some really decent tables still out there I would like to see in TPA:

Gottlieb EM's: World Fair, Abra Ca Dabra, Cross Town, North Star, Ship Ahoy/Buccaneer, Melody, Bank Shot, Capt. Card, Atlantis, King of Diamonds, Surf Champ, Royal Flush, and Jack-in-a-Box
Stern Electronics': Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb, Star Gazer, Stingray, Stars, Nine Ball, Meteor, Big Game and Galaxy.
Gottlieb SS: Joker Poker, Spirit, Robo-War, Alien Star, Devil's Dare, Count-Down, Sinbad, Cleopatra and Volcano.
Game Plan: Andomeda and Cyclopes
Data East: Time Machine, Laser War, Torpedo Alley, Checkpoint and Secret Service.
Capcom: If they can get the license
Sega: Lot of licensed tables
Stern: Will the newer tables work in TPA, so far Ghostbusters has been very laggy since the Pistol Poker patch??

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Damn this is bad news indeed, there were still so many great William/Bally tables that haven't seen the light of day on TPA.....beginning of the end then!?. To be honest i stop paying attention to what FS were doing when the decided to stop monthly releases.

Is there no hope of them regaining the licences then?

I mean what are FarSight actually doing at the moment how are they keeping up their income havent heard a peep from them since they stop monthly releases, their profit margins must be disappearing on a daily bases

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Thirded.

I'd also love to see new licenses. Capcom, Game Plan, Atari, Sonic. But I don't actually expect to ever see new licenses.

It's really a shame that modern pins from Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc. all use LCDs that would be pretty much impossible to recreate in TPA.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Agreed. I wish they would have stuck with color DMDs.

Though to be honest, I'd still prioritize the Capcom and Game Plan stuff first anyway.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Damn this is bad news indeed, there were still so many great William/Bally tables that haven't seen the light of day on TPA.....beginning of the end then!?. To be honest i stop paying attention to what FS were doing when the decided to stop monthly releases.

Is there no hope of them regaining the licences then?

I mean what are FarSight actually doing at the moment how are they keeping up their income havent heard a peep from them since they stop monthly releases, their profit margins must be disappearing on a daily bases

Farsight is not a 1 trick pony

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Wishlist: modern sterns pre-lcd (licenses be damned - keyword wishlist)

A LIST
Metallica
Game of Thrones
Lord of the Rings
Tron
Spider-man
Batman (dark knight)
Indiana Jones (IJ4)
Sopranos
Pirates of the Caribbean
CSI
Iron Man
Kiss
The Walking Dead
Playboy
Simpsons Pinball Party
World Poker Tour

B LIST
Big Buck Hunter
Whoa Nellie
Wheel of Fortune
Rolling Stones
Transformers
X-men
Avengers
Family Guy/Shrek
Elvis

DONT CARE List
Wrestlemania
Dale Jr. / Nascar
Terminator 3
Monopoly
Roller Coaster Tycoon

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Funny, that DON'T CARE list has probably 4 of my most wanted Sterns in it. NASCAR is a fantastic game, and there's even an alternate version called Grand Prix that they could use to avoid the licensing cost. I'm also a fan of RCT and Monopoly, and T3 is a lot of fun too.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I've played RCT, and it's a pretty fun game.

Thing is, if they make a digital version of RCT, it better be hard. That game gets repetitive, and fast.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I still don't see them doing Capcom because there's only 4 tables and it's not worth emulating the Capcom system.

This is what I want:

Gottlieb EM and early SS
No more Gottlieb Premiers, period

Stern Electronics "best of" especially Seawitch

Sega:
Batman Forever
Baywatch

Data East:
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns n Roses
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Jurassic Park
Tommy
Tales From the Crypt

I assume none of the LCD games are on the table.

Here's my most-wanted Sterns:

Metallica
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Lord of the Rings
Iron Man
Spider Man Vault Edition
Monopoly
Tron

Stern games I'd be ok with:
World Poker Tour
Roller Coaster Tycoon
X-Men
KISS
Terminator 3
Pirates of the Caribbean (i assume this isn't possible due to JJP)
NASCAR
Batman

I don't have much interest in anything else but admittedly I have less experience with most of the remaining games and some none at all. Although Family Guy is just a meh Lawlor for me.

There's easily 3 great seasons there if they can stay alive that long. Ideally each season would have 3-4 DE, 1 Sega, 3-4 Sterns and 1-2 packs of Stern Electronics and/OR Gottlieb EM 2-packs.

The real shame is that Switch can never get the WMS tables. It was really shaping up to be the best console for pinball.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Funny, that DON'T CARE list has probably 4 of my most wanted Sterns in it. NASCAR is a fantastic game, and there's even an alternate version called Grand Prix that they could use to avoid the licensing cost. I'm also a fan of RCT and Monopoly, and T3 is a lot of fun too.

I'd take most of the B-list and Don't Care pins over Stern Indy.

Gottlieb EM and early SS
No more Gottlieb Premiers, period

Speaking of Gottlieb, does anyone know how many Gottlieb picks FarSight has left (if any) from their license with the Gottlieb owners?

More Gottlieb EMs would be great, there are just so damn many good ones left. My top Gottlieb SS picks would be:

-Devil's Dare
-Alien Star
-Stargate
-Joker Poker (or the EM version)
-Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
-Asteroid Annie
-Robo-War
-Car Hop
-Tag-Team Pinball
-Volcano
-Street Fighter II
-Genesis
-Rack 'Em Up

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just goes to show there still plenty of great tables left , my glass isn`t half full anymore , it`s bloody full !!! after seeing who owns WMS I`ve come to the conclusion that they asked Farsight for to much money . so now I`m over WMS and am looking forward to our new tables . great lists above !!!! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts