First Impressions

Nov 18, 2016
I keep switching from finding Spanish Eyes a unique challenge... to really hating it. Undoubtedly, I've already racked up more Tilts here than with any other table.

The holes underneath the flippers are evil. Eee. Vill. Someone at Williams deserves eternity in the hot place for coming up with that dirty trick.

The outlane drains suck a bunch too. I want to jump into the game and nail pieces of wood down blocking them.

Getting all the top ABC targets feels nearly impossible. Once the ball is in the lower playfield, it's tough getting it back up top again.

Pretty design, but I'm already getting a nasty association between the table's look and what a dirty, rotten cheater it is.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just a notch up above Central Park. Maybe a couple. The only reason I've been playing it is to get the rollover goal. Who requested this table? Why was it made? I'm fine with EMs, I'd love to see more. Wild Card is fun. Yeah, nudging is everything on this table, and I tilt quite a lot too. But when I do, I don't care as much. Either way, I do like how it looks on IOS though. But yeah, it is just full of death traps. The 'under the flipper' death is pretty cheap. Seems like the way to do good on this table is to get at least 5 stars lit, then get it in the middle saucer, then just let it bounce over to the left flipper, and keep going for it. There are only a few different results from the kickout, but you can almost always trap on the left flipper from it. With a nudge of coarse. And from the left, I like to keep at least 1% motion going before I flip for the saucer. So even though I made it sound like I didnt like this table, I still do... but who even wanted this one?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Totally agree with you guys on the "fun enough"/"hate" feelings this table brings. I definitely want to get the goals, but it has that "random drain I didn't deserve" feel that, while being a real pinball thing especially in EMs, does not really add to the fun factor long-term. Honestly, a lot like Central Park, or Fireball.

The art is actually really great, unique and totally of the era. And the challenge of getting control and heaving the ball up into the upper area has kept me coming back so far. FS really has nailed their EM feel, but I don't see this as a "go-to" table long term like Wild Card will be.

One tip, I have had a little luck keeping the ball in the upper area by doing "straight up" nudges when it's up there, to get it bouncing between the bumpers. Still have not lit A-E though.

Nov 18, 2016
I really like the EMs. And I'm happy to support them with a purchase. But this was definitely *not* the table for turning around any opinions in the anti-EM crowd.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I really like the EMs. And I'm happy to support them with a purchase. But this was definitely *not* the table for turning around any opinions in the anti-EM crowd.

I doubt there is any EM's that will change anyone's mind about liking them, you either enjoy and appreciate them for what there are or you feel it is missing all the bells and whistles of current tables. Can just look at the comments on the TPA Facebook page about this release and see the negativity some people post, I really don't think any would even give them a chance, as soon as they see it is an EM they instantly think old and boring.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I doubt there is any EM's that will change anyone's mind about liking them, you either enjoy and appreciate them for what there are or you feel it is missing all the bells and whistles of current tables.

I dunno, I went from dismissing any pre DMD tables to becoming absolutely addicted to Big Shot fairly quickly. I can't imagine I'll load up Spanish Eyes again for a long while though after I knock down that rollover goal.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
It's a gorgeous table, looks unlike any other in the universe, I like that they tried something interesting and different ... but it's not fun to play. And I say that as someone who likes Central Park :p I have already played about four times the number of games of Wild Card than this.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got the rollover goal, but 60000 on one ball?!!

It's possible if you get 5 or 6 stars lit and get into a rhythm of hitting the saucer. And if you got the rollover goal, you must've hit an average of 40k+ on each ball, so you're already not that far off.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
It's possible if you get 5 or 6 stars lit and get into a rhythm of hitting the saucer. And if you got the rollover goal, you must've hit an average of 40k+ on each ball, so you're already not that far off.

Seems highly unlikely he got 40k with each ball as well. Must have gotten at least a 50k+ on a few of them.

Unless the rollover goal is bugged and does sometimes award for 100k

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Just had by far and away my best game. 166k
Ball by ball

Annoyingly I've not yet gotten the 60k goal :(

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Got the 60k goal.
Was actually on a real blinder. 109k after 2 balls. Finished on 135k. Doh!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Seems highly unlikely he got 40k with each ball as well. Must have gotten at least a 50k+ on a few of them.

Unless the rollover goal is bugged and does sometimes award for 100k

That's not the case on Steam. Doesn't award for 100K. First-hand experience.

Given FarSight's track record lately of releasing bugged goals-I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't trigger during an actual rollover.

On Steam, Al's Garage Band's 200M jackpot Wizard goal remains jacked, nearly one year later. That also renders the achievement broken. I wonder if FarSight will ever fix it-I doubt it.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Back in the 70's, I'd occaisionally see this game and I liked it due to the lower bumper. Probably the last time I saw it was at a restaurant in Virginia when the family was driving down to Florida in early 1979.

Since that time, I'd always hoped it would be one of the tables added to Pinball Arcade, but figured it never would be due to its odd layout and relative obscurity.

So, when I saw the name "Spanish Eyes" in the update listing for the app, I did a total double take.

Instant purchase!

After buying the first two season passes, the only way Farsight gets any money out of me now is if they release EM tables. I realize I'm likely in the minority, but it is what it is.

I'm thrilled "Spanish Eyes" was added to Pinball Arcade. I say bring on even more EMs. ("Buccaneer" by Gottlieb is one I remember losing a heap of quarters in back in the day. I'd love to see added sometime.)

The five rollovers at the top are a pain, but most of the other goals are pretty easy to achieve. (Rolling over the counter is my final goal. But, judging from the fact I've only gone over 100k twice, getting to 200k will take forever.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
While big shot is also well known to be evil, it actually feels fair. This table can be just mean. nudging to get the ball out of the center drain does help a lot though.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
While big shot is also well known to be evil, it actually feels fair. This table can be just mean. nudging to get the ball out of the center drain does help a lot though.

...until it hits the bumper which knocks it into one of the outlanes!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.