Dead mode

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I know duplicating threads is a no-no, but nobody has responded in the Android forum. Is anybody seeing this:

Occasionally, on my Nvidia K1 tablet, Ghostbusters goes into what I like to call "dead mode," usually when I'm having a good game(!). When this happens, the ball still interacts correctly with switches, bumpers, etc., but no score is registered and no scoring sound occurs (bumper and ball rolling sounds still occur). It's usually when I'm in a scene. The scene also freezes (timer stops counting down, but DMD display still animates). Nudges do nothing so there's no way to even tilt. Calling the attendant indicates that the ball is not stuck and the call gets canceled. If the ball drains, the table remains frozen with music still going for the scene but no ball comes to the plunger. The only way to fix this is to completely close and reload the table (quitting and restarting the game doesn't fix it).

Hasn't anybody else experienced this? I guess I need to try to record it if nobody is seeing it.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
The PS4 version has a similar issue. Sometimes after hitting the library hole, all lights go out and stay out. You can continue to play untill the ball drains. Difference is though that you actually get a new ball after this and everything functions again. But it's weird, playing on a "dead" table.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Coming back to this now on my Android tablet, I'm basically in "dead mode" all the time. The table does not work anymore in TPA or SPA. Sometimes I start a game and ball after ball gets put in the plunger. But most of the time, the game just starts dead and stays dead.

I've tried deleting and re-downloading the tables in both apps and I continue to have the same problems in both.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.