Slow Motion on PC

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
SPA along with TPA in DX11 plays in slow motion on my PC. Would upgrading my RAM help this or is it a graphic card issue? I'm told that the graphic cards in laptops can't be upgraded . I have 8GB of RAM

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
SPA along with TPA in DX11 plays in slow motion on my PC. Would upgrading my RAM help this or is it a graphic card issue? I'm told that the graphic cards in laptops can't be upgraded . I have 8GB of RAM

Which table(s)? I know GB has been a problem for others with lower specs.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Tpa and spa would require pretty high end igpu for high res at full qualitytaking the average into consideration all I can suggest is lower resolution to 720p(perfectly acceptable on smaller screens) and tuning down on masa and aa until you find a sweet spot, from what little I can infer from your posts you don’t have enough grunt. I’d start with the base line and then gradually bump the settings until it reaches something your happy with. I believe you stated the hardware in the past and we’re told similar advice, don’t except miracles and you’ll have an enjoyable game!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
TPA is more tied to CPU than it is to GPU, though with more recent, busier, tables, a decent GPU will help some. However it's been shown that a 750ti is probably a decent enough GPU for TPA. If you really want to be sure, get a 760 or more likely a 1060 (fair warning: 1060s are, apparently, very popular for crypto-currency mining and that has pushed the prices up).

CPU is another matter entirely, you might have a multi-core hyperthreaded CPU, but the emulation really doesn't make use of multiple cores (and why would it? for anything other than Stern's SPIKE system that's in Ghostbusters, the emulation is emulating a single-core 8 or 16-bit MPU). Ghostbusters isn't emulation, though: it's running the actual game code, compiled to run natively on your operating system. This should be better - no emulation layer! - but essentially it shows up all the bad optimization in the game code that the emulation layer would otherwise hide. In particular, the code isn't optimized to utilize more than 2 cores, again understandable because the SPIKE system has a dual-core processor.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts