no news is no news

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Hi [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

That was March. It's now May. Would be able to update us on any progress?

Much thanks!

Patience. He said 2 to 3 months. Just because it's May doesn't mean it's going to happen right when May starts.

Give them time.

Tooky

Mar 20, 2018
This is getting frustrating. How hard can this be? My other pinball apps (like Zen) figured out how to run in High Sierra.

Tooky

Mar 20, 2018
With yesterday's news about Williams and Bally, hopefully we will get an update before June 30th so we can buy these tables before the licensing expires.

DerrickH

Mar 16, 2014
With yesterday's news about Williams and Bally, hopefully we will get an update before June 30th so we can buy these tables before the licensing expires.

THIS!! At least get Mac version usable enough for us to buy the going away tables before they are gone

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
There is a huge problem with 7.4.3 under High Sierra: when you use the flippers, they quickly go to the original position within a second; you can't stop them in upper position

Hopefully I had 7.4.0 on a backup and it works fine

but the bug makes TPA un-playable at all

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I have no idea what is going with the mac pinball arcade.
but Farsighted has offered any user to migrate from Mac app store to Steam or mobile

with Steam, you can still stay Mac and be able to buy season 7 (I can confirm this, I just bought season 7 on my iMac)
I can only play up to World Soccer on mac (all tables still w/ broken flippers and unplayable)
And you get the PC version too (which I'm is sorry to say is FAR MORE SUPERIOR!)

While waiting for the Mac update, I pieced together a DX11/Quad core Pinball Arcade PC machine from mere worthless parts.
It's got a GTX670 power edition, which can handle Pinball Arcade like a breeze, and you can't even give these cards away anymore.
I went out on facebook local marketplace and scored a used 40" LCD Walmart black friday tv for super cheap and threw it up in portrait mode just for pinball arcade for next to nothing.
I couldn't be happier with this setup (That's not entirely true, I'm about to snag the Arcoodia Pinball Arcade for Steam while I still can)

Anyways, I'm gonna assume any Mac Store App update probably won't be coming prior to.

If you're still using the Mac App Store Pinball Arcade, you should probably consider Steam or Mobile before it's too late.:)

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I second this. I’ve given up on the Mac version and just play the PC Steam version now. Interestingly, the iOS version (which is nearly identical) works fine. I didn’t know about TPA’s offer to migrate. I’ll have to look into that.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
Switching to Steam PC requires Bootcamp, a valid license for Windows and dealing with all the bugs/updates.
Its not that easy
However for me, my pinball manette would work because the driver is Mac/PC

Jay

May 19, 2012
I just had Farsight transfer over my Mac purchases to Steam. It worked flawlessly. BTW, I run Win10 through Fusion on my Mac. Pinball Arcade on Steam with that setup runs better for me than the native Mac version. So I'm happy.

DerrickH

Mar 16, 2014
I just had Farsight transfer over my Mac purchases to Steam. It worked flawlessly. BTW, I run Win10 through Fusion on my Mac. Pinball Arcade on Steam with that setup runs better for me than the native Mac version. So I'm happy.

I decided to do this also. I have Parallels, and had an old WinXP VM on it that I no longer needed. Steam TPA would not play on it, because the VM could only see about 2.5GB of RAM. I Got a 64bit Win 10 and installed it, and TPA plays great on that.

I have asked Farsight to transfer all of my tables over; just waiting on their reply.

Update: Farsight transferred all of my tables over to Steam PC no problem. They even gave me the ones I hadn't purchased yet because of the problems with the Mac version.

Last edited:

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Ever the optimist, I'm maintaining faith that the Mac version will eventually see the light of day... In order to hedge my bet, however, I've also made sure to purchase the remaining tables (that thus far were unavailable, due to the inability to launch TPA in OS X) for my iPad, in the hopes that they will be transferrable to my Mac, once the new and improved Mac version becomes available.

Soon, now... Right?

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Ever the optimist, I'm maintaining faith that the Mac version will eventually see the light of day... In order to hedge my bet, however, I've also made sure to purchase the remaining tables (that thus far were unavailable, due to the inability to launch TPA in OS X) for my iPad, in the hopes that they will be transferrable to my Mac, once the new and improved Mac version becomes available.

Soon, now... Right?

It's here! Just updated it from Steam itself.

Tooky

Mar 20, 2018
I've done my part and purchased Wild Card/Spanish Eyes and Firepower II. I'm sure I'll pick up more before June 30th.

dtruchan

Oct 1, 2016
The official response I got was this:

Unfortunately we are not able to release the Ghostbusters table due to lack in Ram power on the Mac devices.

Ram power? Really? WTF is Ram power?

So the Ghostbusters table is so demanding it needs more than 16GB of RAM and 1.5GB of Video RAM on a Mac but runs fine on an iPhone 6?

BS!!!!

Jay

May 19, 2012
I just got the native Mac update. Unfortunately, the interface is still the old one, and the graphics are still the simplistic iOS version. So I’ll stick with Steam.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.