Future releases

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I know that an end to future PS3 releases was officially announced. So, I have a pretty simple question: Is Vita also ending with Season 6, or will it continue getting new tables?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I know that an end to future PS3 releases was officially announced. So, I have a pretty simple question: Is Vita also ending with Season 6, or will it continue getting new tables?

We have stopped future releases for the vita/ps3 but will continue to update the PS3 version with bug fixes.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Vita will get the same updates, it's a requirement from Sony that they do.

Is there a way the VITA updates can be done so it will work with an 8GB memory card? I haven't been able to download the latest patch because there is not enough space, and TPA with all tables is the only game installed (and no pictures, songs, etc. of course)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yes, it would be nice to be able to get updates that aren't essentially just redownloading the entire game again.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Yes, it would be nice to be able to get updates that aren't essentially just redownloading the entire game again.

Maybe the only way to do it is to sync your trophies, delete your game (which auto-deletes all saves/highscores, DLC, etc.), then re-download everything. I might have to end up doing that but it'd be nice if -after that- the system is changed so I won't have to do it again.

NOTE: this is not the fault of FS in any way, just Sony's greed (proprietary format, low quality and way too high prices). Be nice if FS can somehow work around it.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Such a shame to hear this, I was really hoping to have Ghostbusters as a table to takeout and play with me on the go, guess I'll just have to stick with the Android version.

Is this definitively the end, or just a hiatus? Either way, what's the official reason for doing so?

Antonio Gaeta

Jan 3, 2015

I asked farsight via e-mail and they replied that there will be no other seasons on ps life but that they would leave updates for errors until the sixth and final season. I suggest you put a stone on it and think about buying them back for SPA and TPA switches just like I do. ps life is dead now. if I had known, I would never have bought all the seasons

Antonio Gaeta

Jan 3, 2015
Such a shame to hear this, I was really hoping to have Ghostbusters as a table to takeout and play with me on the go, guess I'll just have to stick with the Android version.

Is this definitively the end, or just a hiatus? Either way, what's the official reason for doing so?

you can buy them on nintendo switch. it's the best solution for me. you can play on the road or glue to the TV if you like

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
In all honesty, Ghostbusters is likely the reason that season 7 isn't coming to PS3 and Vita. That game's emulation uses a big chunk of processing power even on PC.

I have both an Android phone and a Switch, but I still think that the Vita is the best handheld system to actually play games on. I've never really liked using my phone to play games, and the portability of the Switch feels more like a novelty to me. It doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket, which is the entire point of a portable system. Plus the joycons aren't very good.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
In all honesty, Ghostbusters is likely the reason that season 7 isn't coming to PS3 and Vita. That game's emulation uses a big chunk of processing power even on PC.

That was my assumption as well and it really kinda makes me resent that they added it to TPA as Halloween filler instead of just leaving it as an SPA exclusive.

If it is true, I wish they would have at least considered adding season 7 to PS3/Vita without GB.

On the other hand, maybe we're wrong. Maybe sales were just way down.

I have both an Android phone and a Switch, but I still think that the Vita is the best handheld system to actually play games on. I've never really liked using my phone to play games, and the portability of the Switch feels more like a novelty to me. It doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket, which is the entire point of a portable system. Plus the joycons aren't very good.

Absolutely agree.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Been looking for a cheap possibky nib vita as my go to emulation station of late still mor than enough power for anything upto the psx i used the orignal for the same, gave it to a semi homeless dude , i dont regret it but damn it was handy, tho this guy had some shtelr and bored he was pretty much bored outta his skull so i shared some free net advice and stocked him up on the good stuff....ah well no good deed goes unpunished! Plus that mofo has txk! Im still phantom searching for the minotaur project it, its like 5 little deaths all over again, anyway ps is for losers! Troll

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Especially the 1000 model with its OLED screen is wonderful. There are homebrew-enabled VITAs that can use a microSD memory card adapter but they only run 3.60 firmware so you won't be able to use the Playstation Store with them (so no TPA updates).
The *only* option we have is to somehow purchase a 16GB or higher VITA memory card and then use Sony's tool to move stuff over from the old 8GB card to the newer.

EDIT: I deleted the whole thing after uploading my save to PSN Plus, and reinstalled everything. That works, because the DLC downloads take up less space. It's still a lot of work, but you can get it updated!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.