Table Pack #71 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Maybe they do. "Did we order this dinner to go?" Diner will be broken!!

Just being facetious. Carry on.

A most roundabout way of saying "Me got you!" :)

That was a good catch on your part. I just got the newsletter and saw the hint. And now here's some rain on everyone's parade:

The hyena is something you'd see on a safari. The runner is hurrying back from the ocean after realizing he forgot his surfboard.

It's Surf N' Safari!!!!

Hey, it's no worse than that poster who turned the GhostBusters face upside down and got Rollergames out of it.

Seriously, I'm going with Banzai Run. I'm happy Nightwing is finally getting his wish and I've never played BR in real life, so I'll be interested in seeing it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
A most roundabout way of saying "Me got you!" :)

That was a good catch on your part. I just got the newsletter and saw the hint. And now here's some rain on everyone's parade:

The hyena is something you'd see on a safari. The runner is hurrying back from the ocean after realizing he forgot his surfboard.

It's Surf N' Safari!!!!

Hey, it's no worse than that poster who turned the GhostBusters face upside down and got Rollergames out of it.

Seriously, I'm going with Banzai Run. I'm happy Nightwing is finally getting his wish and I've never played BR in real life, so I'll be interested in seeing it.

You can tell I'm overexcited about this.

DGBHhITXkAA8uwL.jpg

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Warlock for half price its a variant on bk with defender sounds! Dey be sppinnininin

HulaHoop72

Feb 2, 2018
I soon as I join the forum, I don't recieve the newsletter! Never missed one before. Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later.
Anybody have the link? Ta

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I am 90% certain the reason Banzai Run took so long was because they couldn't get the physics to work right on the backbox playfield.

The game works fine on those low inclines that pinballs are normally played on. But this? This is almost vertical! It must have taken them most of this digital version's dev cycle just to get this upper playfield to work right!

I mean, the board game in Safe Cracker is one thing--that's just a bunch of digital inputs. In Banzai Run, as the great Harry Williams himself once said, "the ball is wild." Farsight must have been testing their physics for MONTHS just for THIS TABLE to properly work in all aspects. And they'd put in the effort to make it work, too--not just because this table is unique in pinball (really, how many backbox playfields have you seen since?), but because it's the very first pinball machine designed by the man, the myth, the legend: Pat Lawlor.

They'd BETTER do him right.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I am 90% certain the reason Banzai Run took so long was because they couldn't get the physics to work right on the backbox playfield.

The game works fine on those low inclines that pinballs are normally played on. But this? This is almost vertical! It must have taken them most of this digital version's dev cycle just to get this upper playfield to work right!

I mean, the board game in Safe Cracker is one thing--that's just a bunch of digital inputs. In Banzai Run, as the great Harry Williams himself once said, "the ball is wild." Farsight must have been testing their physics for MONTHS just for THIS TABLE to properly work in all aspects. And they'd put in the effort to make it work, too--not just because this table is unique in pinball (really, how many backbox playfields have you seen since?), but because it's the very first pinball machine designed by the man, the myth, the legend: Pat Lawlor.

They'd BETTER do him right.

The emulation was actually posing some issues, something to do with active state of lower play field while ball is in the upper. I don’t know the exact circumstances, but is has something to do with if the ball falls from the upper without hitting a switch, there is another on the lower so the table knows where the ball is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.