The PS3 version is superior to the PS4 version. Agree or disagree?

Oct 15, 2013
I've been doing the free trial versions of the tables on the PS4 lately and to me the PS3 versions of the tables are far superior. The only thing the PS4 version does better is the lighting but the boards are harder to read and the ball is a dull grey, almost as if it was a pinball with inches of dust on it. Also the sound quality on the PS4 seems hit or miss. Some tables sound good but others sound as if I'm listening to them through a tin can. I also think the PS3 controller feels better for playing pinball.

Maybe with the upcoming updates the PS4 version will improve but as of now PS3 all the way.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Agreed! PS3 version also includes Vita cross-buy, currently has more trophies (doubled up if you play on both PS3 & Vita), and is ahead of PS4 on table releases... at least until the next PS4 update. I'll reluctantly buy Season 7 on PS4 but only because it isn't coming to PS3/Vita.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Ps4 also has missing music on Twilight Zone, Whirlwind, and Scared Stiff that are present on PS3. Somebody mentioned that they are also missing on pc, unless they were fixed fairly recently.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Many tables on PS4 also have issues with the sound cutting itself off......like during end-of-ball bonus counts or spinners, where the sound is repeating itself quickly. In some cases, to the point of being just clicks or totally silent. And that's beyond the previously mentioned scratchy sound issues on many tables.

Still, despite all the sound issues, I prefer to play the PS4 versions of the tables over the PS3 versions. Probably because of the adjustable dynamic lighting.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Many tables on PS4 also have issues with the sound cutting itself off......like during end-of-ball bonus counts or spinners, where the sound is repeating itself quickly. In some cases, to the point of being just clicks or totally silent. And that's beyond the previously mentioned scratchy sound issues on many tables.

Still, despite all the sound issues, I prefer to play the PS4 versions of the tables over the PS3 versions. Probably because of the adjustable dynamic lighting.

This too. The Centaur and High Speed end of ball bonuses come to mind specifically, but there are probably a lot more.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'd have to go with the PS3, even though I haven't turned it on in a few months.

With the PS4 I stopped after I bought the first season because of the bull dark ball.
Currently waiting for the PS4 to get updated and then maybe I'll buy a few more seasons.

Members online

Members online