It's Jan. 7th 2018 & SPA for iOS still has a huge, ugly joystick overlay from Nov. 2

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I can also confirm that Ripley's is fixed as well - happy to finally have this update. I will also be buying Ghostbusters now.

I'm getting an error on iOS.

Popup looks like this:

FarSight
Error: cannot establish a network connection

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
Ripley’s lights are not lit well and the colouring is very different to Pinball Arcade version - or am I crazy?

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Well so far today I've attempted to play Star Trek,Ghostbusters and Ripleys. Each game ended abruptly with a crash about 5-7 minutes in.

Oxy

Jul 16, 2013
All the tables now work fine BUT both SPA and TPA has started to crash after the latest updates. Like mentioned above, after playing a while the apps just quit. I'm on iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10.3.3.
On my iPad 2 it's even worse, you can only play TPA for a couple of minutes before crashing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Be sure to email FarSight support and let them know. Don’t forget to mention the device used and the version of iOS you are on.

If you have the time include a crash log for them. Here’s how to do it. (Thanks to FlippyFloppy for the directions)

1) Open Settings app

2) Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage

3) Select Diagnostics & Usage Data

4) Locate the log for the crashed app. The logs will be named in the format: <AppName>_<DateTime>_<DeviceName>

5) Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy

6) Then paste it into an email to support@farsightstudios.com

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I can't buy Ghostbusters on SPA on iOS. After a week of back and forth with support they say it's a widespread issue and hopefully a patch will fix it.

So I guess we'll see in like 3 months.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
All the tables now work fine BUT both SPA and TPA has started to crash after the latest updates. Like mentioned above, after playing a while the apps just quit. I'm on iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10.3.3.
On my iPad 2 it's even worse, you can only play TPA for a couple of minutes before crashing.

I have this exact issue as well, on iPad Air 1 SPA (I don't have TPA on my iPad anymore). It seems to be more like your symptoms on iPhone 6, in that it doesn't crash every time, takes a while but I have had it crash out twice during Challenge mode during longer games.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I can't buy Ghostbusters on SPA on iOS. After a week of back and forth with support they say it's a widespread issue and hopefully a patch will fix it.

So I guess we'll see in like 3 months.

That's really disappointing - I will say this, I have a $25 gift card, and I am planning on buying the Ghostbusters pack when the new Jurassic Park tables come out for Zen at the end of this month. I am really hoping Ghostbusters can be purchased at that time.

I mean good heavens, they just fixed the table inserts but at the same time made it un-purchaseable? Classic.

Oxy

Jul 16, 2013
So, they released an update for TPA that fixes the crashing issue. But of course no update in sight for SPA which suffers from the exact same bug.

jached

Feb 21, 2015
I’m surprised that there aren’t any comments about the latest update. I’ve played it quite a bit this weekend and everything has been great!

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I haven't had a chance to play this update much, I did find a bug in HRC that I'll log in a separate thread. But overall I was happy to see the update, and I have not yet had a memory leak crash, played a pretty long game of MSF with no issues.

Hopefully the end of monthly table releases in TPA will mean SPA gets some more attention and some new content!

Now, can anyone who has Ghostbusters confirm that it is working smoothly and has all the inserts fixed now?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.