Reliable way to hit the joker hole?

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Anyone found a way to hit the joker hole reliably?

The only wizard goal I have left is to score a super jackpot but its hard enough starting Mega mode (sometimes its a reward) let alone trying to hit it during multiball (not that I've ever managed to complete the 5 cards on the upper playfield anyway!)

Pod

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Nudge the ball out to the side away from the flipper so when you smack the ball you will have a slightly better angle to go shoot it up to the hole. Also shooting the top card (10) of the target bank will have the ball bounce up to the hole. Another way is to shoot the right ramp loop, it's not uncommon for the ball to trickle down into the hole if it doesn't quite make it around the ramp. Not the first choice but sometimes only choice.

Multiball progress carries over but it's hard to get more than 2 multiballs. But you can restart them multiple times so yeah making the joker hole is important.
Also make really sure you have the skill shot plunge to the joker hole on point. If you have multiball lit you can start it on the skill shot.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
then edit it again :rolleyes:

Heh. I've only edited the save to collate progress and scores from other versions (including play on a second pc) or to award a goal that is bugged but I have completed.

That said, You don't know how tempted I am to just give myself the safe cracker 26 coin goal. I was on 19 when I dropped my phone in the toilet and lost all my progress! It's the one goal I can't transfer progress into my pc save as in typical farsight fashion they've still not got a coin collection screen on mobile so I had no idea which 19 I had. (and now never will)

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Nope. Still almost impossible. Got it about 1 in 20. Skill shot also seems like it's 1 pixel accuracy too.

Is the real table tuned thus way?

Striker

May 26, 2017
I seem to hit it about a third of the time on the plunger shot. I aim for just past the white "P' light lane (one on the very far left) at the very top. The ball will tend to slow down just past it, then drop into the joker poker hole.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I seem to hit it about a third of the time on the plunger shot. I aim for just past the white "P' light lane (one on the very far left) at the very top. The ball will tend to slow down just past it, then drop into the joker poker hole.

Yeah. I found this too with a few more tries. Still no where near the goal though. I've moved onto other tables for a bit. Will come back to this one.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I'm told the real table is that bad.

i can hit the joker hole from the plunge easily enough. its' the other skill shot that gives me trouble.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Anybody earn the super jackpot yet? This might be my candidate for most difficult wizard goal now that I have completed Safecracker.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Just curious, how many consecutive skill shots do you need to make for the wizard goal on BR? Skillshots are always annoying and not fun at all. And the Cyclone one where you have to get the skill shot on the fifth ball was very annoying, but this sounds worse.

I miss the days where the hardest wizard goal was 3 million on Genie. I don't even think that is in the top ten most difficult ones anymore.

Edit: found out what the wizard goal was on the steam forum. 4 skillshots in one game. Is that just a random number assigned at Farsight, or does 4 skillshots in a game of Banzai Run do something special. I mean, why not 3 or even 2?

Last edited:

strells

Oct 7, 2014
The instructions say that each skillshot allows you to take on one of the 4 other riders, so the 4th one would be for you to immediately take on Red Hot.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Just curious, how many consecutive skill shots do you need to make for the wizard goal on BR? Skillshots are always annoying and not fun at all. And the Cyclone one where you have to get the skill shot on the fifth ball was very annoying, but this sounds worse.

I miss the days where the hardest wizard goal was 3 million on Genie. I don't even think that is in the top ten most difficult ones anymore.

Edit: found out what the wizard goal was on the steam forum. 4 skillshots in one game. Is that just a random number assigned at Farsight, or does 4 skillshots in a game of Banzai Run do something special. I mean, why not 3 or even 2?

Cyclon is actually quite easy. The problem with BR is that the plunger behaves like a limp dick.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So, I almost got the Super Jackpot. I was literally a shot away on two occasions and choked.

New discovery and very useful tip: if you are on ball 2 and have not activated mega mode yet, the joker hole will activate mega mode 100% of the time. This means that if you drain ball 1 right away, you can start up mega mode twice very easily (through the joker hole reward and getting your first straight on the back glass) instead of once. You can also get it a third time if the upper middle chip is lit after getting a hand, but it is really difficult to light on purpose since you have to hit the bumpers to change it. If you need to activate it a fourth time, you will have to complete the entire backglass plus another straight or complete all hands and luckily have the upper middle chip lit.

Once mega mode is activated, start by going for the jackpot in the upper play field. You can try to cradle a ball on the lower left flipper while shooting the other ball into the center Ace and to the upper flipper, but you will have to become good at juggling balls. Shoot the ball when it is towards the end of the upper flipper and if you are lucky it will either go around the orbit and collect a card or hit a card directly. You might want to stop before you collect the Ace and go for the lower jackpots because if you collect a single jackpot, it doesn't give you the chance to restart mega mode (without resorting to one of the methods mentioned above). The middle jackpot usually seems to collect itself while going for the upper playfield jackpot, so you usually just have to worry about the two jackpots on the sides. Once you collect all four jackpots ... don't choke!

I'm really hoping I get this one soon so that I can focus on the "limp dick" plunger on Banzai Run when it is released.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So, I finally got this! I know, I'm probably the only one who still cares. But I made caught it on video!

https://youtu.be/yTCJeFjsfiU

Some more tips: The drain the first ball on purpose for an extra Mega Mode strategy is awesome. However, make sure you don't light or activate Mega Mode through any of the other two methods before activating it or you will be screwed out of a mega mode.

You can't collect the Ace on the upper playfield through the upper orbit; you must hit the Ace. However, if you have difficulty with this shot, you can shoot the first ball through the lower center Ace from the left flipper, and as soon as it is released onto the upper playfield, shoot the other ball into the lower orbit that is usually shot to collect a card on the lower left, and it will think you hit the upper playfield Ace and collect the jackpot.

The token resets every time you lose a ball. So if the wrong token is lighting after collecting a hand, drain on purpose. If you don't hit a bumper, the extra ball token will be lit. Collect extra ball and drain again on purpose (you might want to collect the two pairs before you drain). If you don't hit the bumpers, I think the mega mode token will be lit. This strategy might be a little easier than doing what I did (collect all backglass cards plus another row)

Last edited:

Members online

Members online