Reliable way to hit the joker hole?

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
This was by far one of the hardest goals from the Season 7 tables! This is mainly due to the fact that starting Megamode can be tedious after the first few times so you really want to score the Super Jackpot in one of the first 2 Megamodes. Fortunately, your progress is saved between modes which is a lifesaver! The other frustrating part of Megamode is that unlike most multiballs on other tables, there is no ball save at all!

My general strategy was to drain the first ball so that the Joker Scoop would be lit for Megamode on ball 2 (thanks to Zoop25 for discovering this). I'd then start Megamode via the Joker Scoop before lighting a Royal Flush on the backglass. If I lost a ball before scoring a jackpot then I'd try to hit the Joker Scoop to restart Megamode, but this is not easy to do so quickly. I'd start the next Megamode by scoring a Royal Flush on the back glass and then hitting the Joker Scoop again. You'll notice in the video that I actually had the Super Jackpot lit after my second (well third due to the quick restart of the first one) Megamode, but I was unable to score it. So I had to play through hands until I had tohe top center coin lit to start Megamode a third time. The only other way to start Megamode at this point would've been to loop through the cards on the back glass. Fortunately I was able to score the Super Jackpot, third time's the charm! ;)

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Tip #1:
- drain first ball after ball saver expired
- drain second ball before ball saver expired
- skill shoot (saved) second ball to the joker hole to start mega mode (i think the easiest way to shoot into the joker hole is the plunger)

Tip #2:
When mega mode started try to shoot one of the balls into the joker hole. That ball(#1) will be locked so you can play easier way with one ball(#2) only. New ball(#3) will be added to the plunger if you shoot ball(#2) into joker hole or lower ace hole (in the middle of the lower playfield) so try to avoid shooting into them or you will have to control 3 balls at the same time.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
3 ball mega mode glitching? Or am I missing something? After collecting the last card (ace on the upper field) mega mode exited, and red lamp is off at the joker hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuM70lMXnVI&t=852

Ugh, that is really unfortunate. I did not run into that problem that I can recall. If that happens, I guess I would drain one of the balls and try to restart megamode if possible.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
All those videos of people getting this goal make me jealous :).

This is also the last wizard goal I need to earn my final Pinball Arcade trophy. Initially I thought it won't be too bad, but after almost a week, I'm starting to get worried. I haven't even managed to score 4 jackpots yet, the closest I got was 3, with unfinished bottom left one. As much as I hated Banzai Run, I knew it was only a matter of time, as it was very luck based, and I've gotten 3 skillshots on a number of occasions. But with this table it's just plain depressing when you start the multiball, and immediately drain. I've had a few games where I was able to restart via Joker hole multiple times in a row, but even that was not enough.

Sure, the first 2 multiballs are easy to start, but after that you need to spend forever to either light up all the cards again, or pray you collect the middle top coin. It took me 35 days to get Banzai run done, I have a feeling I'll be at this table twice as long if not more.

Also, am I doing something wrong? I don't think I've managed to start 3-ball mode once, despite hitting Joker hole on multiple occasions during multiball. I feel like 3 balls would make it easier but can never get them.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
All those videos of people getting this goal make me jealous :).

This is also the last wizard goal I need to earn my final Pinball Arcade trophy. Initially I thought it won't be too bad, but after almost a week, I'm starting to get worried. I haven't even managed to score 4 jackpots yet, the closest I got was 3, with unfinished bottom left one. As much as I hated Banzai Run, I knew it was only a matter of time, as it was very luck based, and I've gotten 3 skillshots on a number of occasions. But with this table it's just plain depressing when you start the multiball, and immediately drain. I've had a few games where I was able to restart via Joker hole multiple times in a row, but even that was not enough.

Sure, the first 2 multiballs are easy to start, but after that you need to spend forever to either light up all the cards again, or pray you collect the middle top coin. It took me 35 days to get Banzai run done, I have a feeling I'll be at this table twice as long if not more.

Also, am I doing something wrong? I don't think I've managed to start 3-ball mode once, despite hitting Joker hole on multiple occasions during multiball. I feel like 3 balls would make it easier but can never get them.

You'll get it. I found this to be the hardest table from season 7 personally. I am not sure about the 3 ball mode, it's been too long... But I know that I didn't worry about that when I did it and just stuck to 2 ball.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I FINALLY GOT IT! I scored the 4 jackpots soon after the last post, but didn't get a chance to make the super jackpot shot as I drained while trying to stabilize. But at least I knew I could do it (that's what I always tell myself to prevent driving the controller through the TV). During the next couple days I got screwed twice by the bug where the jackpot lanes would be blinking but they wouldn't score any cards. Today I got to 4 jackpots again, but once more I didn't even get a shot at the joker.

Then it finally happened! This was the first game ever where I managed to get 3 balls, and twice on top of that. I believe the description of how to get them is incomplete. It says you need to hit joker, and then ace scoop. But that was never the case for me. The ball would be immediately spit out of joker hole. I believe you also can't hit any other switch in between those two actions. 3 ball made the whole thing much easier.

I also accidentally discovered a way to cheese through some of the mega mode, by getting the two balls stuck in left inlane @1:15. I've had it happen on two other occasions, so it's not a complete fluke. After you call the attendant you get both of them back in the plunger, and if you plunge carefully enough, you end up playing with only one.

It took me two mega modes, the one in the beginning and the 5 card one. My heart was racing starting @5:35, after I completed all jackpots, and just couldn't shoot the center scoop. Almost drained a couple of times, but managed to make the shot, and then hit the joker after initial miss. I have only one goal left (99,000,000 end of ball bonus). I left it for last, because I figured it would be easier than this, and I can retry it in case the trophy does not unlock. I have 3 days to get it, just in time for 'Death Stranding' this Friday!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.