Bug ps3 haunted basement door won't take ball when open.

Raoul

Sep 30, 2016
Tried a hundred times and it won't give.

I'm talking about the little door just above the right flipper. It won't accept the ball when open.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hmm?

I will try tonight, but I remember it worked correctly (EU version). Stay tuned.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Ok I tried.

Do you play in 1080i/p or in 720p resolution?

I can confirm that entering the trap door in 1080p is almost impossible on the fly due to the input lag.

- If you flip at the right time (well, the right time if there wasn't input lag), the ball always take the right orbit.
- So you flip earlier to compensate, but in this case, the ball hits the trap door but is ALWAYS repelled, like there is a repulsive magnet around the hole.

So I switched to 720p... and I entered the trap door at my first attempt (and several times during the game).

Once again, 1080i/p input lag is the guilty.

Try in 720p and let us know if it works for you.

Raoul

Sep 30, 2016
Ok I tried.

Do you play in 1080i/p or in 720p resolution?

I can confirm that entering the trap door in 1080p is almost impossible on the fly due to the input lag.

- If you flip at the right time (well, the right time if there wasn't input lag), the ball always take the right orbit.
- So you flip earlier to compensate, but in this case, the ball hits the trap door but is ALWAYS repelled, like there is a repulsive magnet around the hole.

So I switched to 720p... and I entered the trap door at my first attempt (and several times during the game).

Once again, 1080i/p input lag is the guilty.

Try in 720p and let us know if it works for you.

You're right Tann(thanks bro) ..... It worked. I've also noticed that when I tried it 480p on a tube tv(Sony Trinitron) that the game play was rock solid, flippers and all.

So now the older the technology and the lower the resolution... The better it plays? Brutal.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
So now the older the technology and the lower the resolution... The better it plays? Brutal.

For info:

The PS3 version seems to lag a little when I press the flipper buttons, why?

This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way the PS3 renders our game, the best way to reduce the lag is to use"game mode" on your TV if available, and make sure that all video/movie enhancing effects and features on your television are turned off.

It's mainly due that 1920x1080 is not the native resolution of TPA on PS3, and FS chose to apply a post-processing filter to smooth the image quality in 1080i/p (the game has a huge dithering in 720p). Therefore, it induces a 1 frame-lag, that you notice directly when you flip the ball, with a huge delay (not in 720p).

Turning off "game mode" setting if available on the TV to minimize the input lag is semi-BS... Like you, I play on a CRT (but with an HDMI output: Philips 32PW9551), so no possible screen rendering lag, and the input lag is also awful in 1080i.

The TPA input lag is mainly software-caused, not hardware.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.