Tron: Legacy a possibility?

rsn8887

May 20, 2016
Any chance we will see Tron Legacy? I would love to be able to play this awesome table on Stern Pinball Arcade.

Also I am confused about tables that are available for both TPA and SPA. Are they the same code, or actually different/better on SPA?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The tables common to both platforms are identical between SPA and TPA.

There is Cross buy on Android TPA to SPA.
I think Steam is the same.
Not confident about iOS.

Best bet is to buy through TPA and use the same Farsight ID to register on SPA to take advantage of cross-buy.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hmm if there was ever a "John Carter" pin, that license might go cheap; though Disney has been raking it in the past few years mainly thanks to the Marvel and Star Wars cash cows, so I think they covered their losses there!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The tables common to both platforms are identical between SPA and TPA.

There is Cross buy on Android TPA to SPA.
I think Steam is the same.
Not confident about iOS.

Best bet is to buy through TPA and use the same Farsight ID to register on SPA to take advantage of cross-buy.

on iOS ghostbusters has two different builds.
SPA - dmd is dim, mission shot lights work, frame rate good
TPA - dmd is bright, mission shot lights do NOT work, frame rate stutters

Ghostbusters on SPA is the much better version - both leaderboards are broken (displays "none")

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
on iOS ghostbusters has two different builds.
SPA - dmd is dim, mission shot lights work, frame rate good
TPA - dmd is bright, mission shot lights do NOT work, frame rate stutters

Ghostbusters on SPA is the much better version - both leaderboards are broken (displays "none")

iOS versions of all the tables have better lighting/smoother graphics. Gameplay and tuning seem to be the same.

I believe Android is the same, definitely Ghostbusters looks significantly different in SPA and TPA on my Pixel XL, and superior in SPA.

The current iOS version of SPA has been broken since November (bugs, joystick overlay) so I wouldn't purchase it just yet.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
At this point I'm not sure we should expect any new tables for SPA at all.

Consider that we only got one new SPA table in all of 2017 and it was delayed for most of that year.

That's with Farsight taking two months off from releasing new tables on TPA.

The release of Ghostbusters feels like an obligation. They had to do it because they already sold it to us, but they struggled for months to get it out and it's still broken months later.

It seems that Farsight would rather focus on porting SPA to other platforms so they can keep selling the content they already have than focus on polishing SPA on the platforms it was already on and making new content for it.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
At this point I'm not sure we should expect any new tables for SPA at all.

Consider that we only got one new SPA table in all of 2017 and it was delayed for most of that year.

That's with Farsight taking two months off from releasing new tables on TPA.

The release of Ghostbusters feels like an obligation. They had to do it because they already sold it to us, but they struggled for months to get it out and it's still broken months later.

It seems that Farsight would rather focus on porting SPA to other platforms so they can keep selling the content they already have than focus on polishing SPA on the platforms it was already on and making new content for it.

All valid points. We all have our personal favorite sterns new and old we'd like to see in TPA. But it took FarSight nearly a whole year just to get GB, and we're still waiting for Whoa Nellie Big Buck Hunter which are supposedly in the works.

Plus with so many obvious bugs still present, I can see why SPA isn't getting more traction. If it were not clear before, it should be now-SPA is a bust worthy of Pro Pinball Ultra.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
All valid points. We all have our personal favorite sterns new and old we'd like to see in TPA. But it took FarSight nearly a whole year just to get GB, and we're still waiting for Whoa Nellie Big Buck Hunter which are supposedly in the works.

Plus with so many obvious bugs still present, I can see why SPA isn't getting more traction. If it were not clear before, it should be now-SPA is a bust worthy of Pro Pinball Ultra.

At the very least, Farsight is communicating...somewhat. We haven't heard a word out of Barnstorm for YEARS.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
At the very least, Farsight is communicating...somewhat. We haven't heard a word out of Barnstorm for YEARS.

Pro Pinball Ultra is just a sad story. It had such a great look. I would've just bought the previous 3 Pro Pinball games-they play very well but you are limited to a keyboard unless you download malware.

Just on looks alone, it should have been more popular.

Maybe SPA isn't selling as well as it ought to because TPA and PFX3 are already satisfying the public's digital pinball jones. That and SPA didn't get very good reviews and may not recover from them. They're still posted on Steam anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.