Sorcerer Twitchstream...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Most likely they will do a Jive Time and Ace High EM pack.

Clearly you didn’t listen to our interview with Norman in the BlahCade Pinball Podcast. Neither is particularly beloved at FarSight, nor do they own them. The only outlying hope would be if the Museum of Pinball in Banning had either, and then it’d still come down to whether they like the tables or not.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Nostalgia is all well and good, and it's creeping into video games with reboots (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil) and series like Battlefield and Call Of Duty returning to their WW1/WW2 "roots", but it doesn't automatically make it a good idea to revisit old material just for the sake of revisiting old material. Some of it is best left in the past.

Since I never owned or played any of the PHoF titles, I have no such memory of Jive Time or Ace High. I'd much rather see Aztec or Surf Champ - two '70s EMs I've actually played at recent shows, and really like - than a pair of tables I've never encountered ever.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nostalgia is all well and good, and it's creeping into video games with reboots (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil) and series like Battlefield and Call Of Duty returning to their WW1/WW2 "roots", but it doesn't automatically make it a good idea to revisit old material just for the sake of revisiting old material. Some of it is best left in the past.

Since I never owned or played any of the PHoF titles, I have no such memory of Jive Time or Ace High. I'd much rather see Aztec or Surf Champ - two '70s EMs I've actually played at recent shows, and really like - than a pair of tables I've never encountered ever.

Exactly. I didn’t own the Gottleb collection so I can’t speak about Aces High. And Jive Time was always the joke of the collection, apparently picked solely because it had full size flippers. We only get EMs once a year, so I’d rather they be cream of the crop examples and not just what FarSight had available to them 12 years ago in a Las Vegas warehouse and thought looked neat.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Table just came out today, I guess it's because they're a bit behind of schedule since it's already january 31.

I think they did a great job converting this one to TPA, looks and sounds amazing. Love this table.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

It really depends on whether they want a pinball from the 1950s in the collection or not. As far as I can tell, Ace High is pretty representative of 1950s Gottlieb pins. I'm not sure if there's a big demand for pinballs from this era though. Older pins like this are "simpler", even more so than the 1970s EMs, with some features left over from the "gambling machine" days that would probably not make some modern players happy (eg gobble holes). I'm not sure if the lack of score reels would muck with any of their leaderboard / goal systems any, as well.

Ace High probably in part made the Gottlieb collection because for that was their first collection and they were a little more historical minded (1 pinball from the 50s, 60s, and 90s; 2 pinballs from the 70s and 80s, and even a bonus flipperless pin from the 1930s). From my perspective, though, pinball's real golden age was the 1970s (up to the video game era); if you're gonna do an EM, it's best to focus here.

(Jive Time is not a very notable 1970s EM pin; there are plenty to do before that one.)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Table just came out today, I guess it's because they're a bit behind of schedule since it's already january 31.

I think they did a great job converting this one to TPA, looks and sounds amazing. Love this table.

My excitement nearly lasted a whole minute.

It looks okay but sounds terrible. No music during play, sounds that cut out, the wrong freakin' bonus sounds.
I love this table and the PHoF version which sounds more accurate. This putrid TPA hatchet job will not make me love Sorcerer less.

Back to finding new bugs in previous tables.

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014

It looks okay but sounds terrible. No music during play, sounds that cut out, the wrong freakin' bonus sounds.
I love this table and the PHoF version which sounds more accurate. This putrid TPA hatchet job will not make me love Sorcerer less.

I think we must be playing on different platforms, because the sounds are pretty good on PC, I'm getting none of that. No wonder.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Music? More like 'distracting noise'. I always turn it down.

Speech samples in this table are pretty great tho.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Noticed the table came with custom balls for Ghost Busters, Mustang, Star Trek, and Whoa Nelly. Coming soon to TPA? (other than GB)

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018

Can you be more specific on which bonus sound for me please?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah the bonus sounds and the pre plunge sounds are way off. they sounded right in PHoF.

also the pre-eject sound plays way too slow.

gameplay wise it's pretty good.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
FarSight was supposed to have an announcement of some kind on last night’s (4/5/18) twitch stream. Anyone here what it was? I heard them teasing some news, but couldn’t stick around to hear what it was.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight was supposed to have an announcement of some kind on last night’s (4/5/18) twitch stream. Anyone here what it was? I heard them teasing some news, but couldn’t stick around to hear what it was.

The Pinball Arcade will be released today on the Switch eShop with all 95 tables available for purchase. They also showed the promo video for the Switch release of TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.