Sorcerer the worst graphics I’ve seen on iOS

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Cutting and pasting metal textures from one of their other tables is asking too much? Those iOS Sorcerer metal textures are plain white. Lay-Z.

Take a look at Pro Pinball Timeshock for the best example of what can be done on iOS visually. We hold FS to way too low a standard.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Cutting and pasting metal textures from one of their other tables is asking too much? Those iOS Sorcerer metal textures are plain white. Lay-Z.

Take a look at Pro Pinball Timeshock for the best example of what can be done on iOS visually. We hold FS to way too low a standard.

Most of the time you can see small scratches and smudges in the metal. And the play field looks like there is plain gray in spots

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
I'd prefer if you could play it. It's just a pile of crashes now. - hang on my mistake - its not just sorcerer, all the tables from the latest update crash like crazy on the ipad mini. Neat! Great update!

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I'd prefer if you could play it. It's just a pile of crashes now. - hang on my mistake - its not just sorcerer, all the tables from the latest update crash like crazy on the ipad mini. Neat! Great update!

Bob try deleting the table and reinstall it. They all work on my mini,ipad2, iPad Pro and iPhone se

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
Bob try deleting the table and reinstall it. They all work on my mini,ipad2, iPad Pro and iPhone se

It's not just that table. It's ALL tables now. I deleted the entire app and re-installed it and noticed ALL tables now randomly crash.

Ya, I'm a happy camper now.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I had a look on my PC , this might be the reason it looks white . normally they use a polished metal with a grain and a bit of scratches on the metal , this time it looks like they have used a coated metal , which gives the impression it`s white .other than that , it`s bloody great !!!!:cool:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
The backglass looks nice. But it's not like we see that very much. I can deal with the graphics not being the best. One thing that bugs me even more than that is the ball bouncing off of the top of the lower right flipper. It makes it really tough to aim for that left ramp. Even from a trap it bounces a tiny bit. It seems like a minor gripe, but why is it like that on the right flipper and not the left?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I actually owned this pin a long time ago. It was my second one I think. It’s a decent table and would probably look pretty good with LED’s. It’s flashy, noisy and fast. Plays fine on my iPad Mini but just looks like poop. Textures are just crap. FarSight really phoned this one in.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
You people shold come to PC sometime. The visuals always look amazing on DX11; Sorceror might be the best one yet.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
You people shold come to PC sometime. The visuals always look amazing on DX11; Sorceror might be the best one yet.

I already have $300.00 into the tables on iOS. Just can’t afford it. And I like to be able to take them with me on the go.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I already have $300.00 into the tables on iOS. Just can’t afford it. And I like to be able to take them with me on the go.

Yeah, I can’t switch up either. We sacrifice beauty for convenience. But the PC versions do look fab.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015

Does that mean you're offering to buy all the forum members new gaming PCs and front the costs of re-investing in TPA on a new digital martket?

Besides on PC the metal parts on Sorcerer look matte, just like the complaints here are stating. Just with dynamic lighting, as opposed the baked in on mobile (haven't looked at 'Droid yet) the effect isn't as jarring :?

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I added texture to the metal near the flippers, added texture to the rubbers, added shading to the red plastic posts. Working on the rest of the table's metals(the small metal parts like screws and bolts; the trim, etc), maybe some touch-up to the playfield, but it'd be a lot of work to redo the playfield which is really what needs to be done, need to add shading to the back plastic guides and other stuff I can't think of atm. I'll prolly be done over the next 2 weeks.

NeonKnight

Jan 10, 2018
I added texture to the metal near the flippers, added texture to the rubbers, added shading to the red plastic posts. Working on the rest of the table's metals(the small metal parts like screws and bolts; the trim, etc), maybe some touch-up to the playfield, but it'd be a lot of work to redo the playfield which is really what needs to be done, need to add shading to the back plastic guides and other stuff I can't think of atm. I'll prolly be done over the next 2 weeks.

I guess what most of us are wondering is why it wasn't done right the first time?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts