Latest update - 7.9.0 Completely broken on iOS for iPad Mini

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
First I thought the new table Sorcerer was borked. Nope. It's the whole damn app. Tried everything. Reset iPad Mini (1st gen iOS 9.0+) after installing, re-installed application (bye scores and goals, hope it was worth it - oh darn, it wasn't). Can't isolate why it's crashing because it does it EVERYWHERE. When you save a high-score attained - CRASH. In the middle of a game. CRASH. When you check leaderboards. CRASH.

Used to be rock solid but now it's a unplayable pile of crap. Well I can wait 30 more days until whatever has BTFO'd the app-entire out to be fixed and I can enjoy all these years of tables I bought that are now unusable. Yay.

(also while re-installing the app I noticed there's 2 of them in the store TPA and TPA plus!? What's the difference?)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If you haven't already done so, please report this to FarSight support. Need to make sure they are aware of this so they can get to fixing it. This is just a fan forum and although some FS employees do come in here, there is no guarantee they will see this thread. That's why is so important to send an e-mail to FarSight support. Make sure to also tell them the device and version of IOS you are currently using. thanx

Last edited:

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
Just did - ty! (I saw the posts from the employees here so I did it here first). I also posted here to see if any other 1st gen iPad mini users or (as I suspect) iPad 2 users (since we are in the same boat from a tech-standpoint).

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just did - ty! (I saw the posts from the employees here so I did it here first). I also posted here to see if any other 1st gen iPad mini users or (as I suspect) iPad 2 users (since we are in the same boat since from a tech-standpoint).

Thanks Bob. Yeah, good to do both. Lets other mini users Know not to update, if they haven't already.

htbast

Aug 26, 2015
I am having a similar problem on iPad2. Everything used to work swimmingly, until the Sorcerer update. Now I can play for around 2 minutes (maybe a score of 50m on Adams Family) then the table starts to stutter, and very soon afterwards, the app crashes. putting me out to a blank screen, and the iPad home screen about 30 seconds later. I will rport to FS. Hope they can fix this as I too have many paid for tables and don't want to buy a new tablet.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I am having a similar problem on iPad2. Everything used to work swimmingly, until the Sorcerer update. Now I can play for around 2 minutes (maybe a score of 50m on Adams Family) then the table starts to stutter, and very soon afterwards, the app crashes. putting me out to a blank screen, and the iPad home screen about 30 seconds later. I will rport to FS. Hope they can fix this as I too have many paid for tables and don't want to buy a new tablet.

Is this happening on every table? Have you tried closing all other apps before you start TPA?

GET

May 1, 2016
Also, as of the newest update, the slingshots on TZ kick the ball but don't register in game, making it impossible to get specials. And the leapers in SS don't work at all, making it impossible to get to the stiff-o-meter without the secret passage lane.

EDIT: the left spiral light above the loop doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
iPad mini 1st gen here. Same exact prob. All tables eventually stutter and crash since update. Guessing memory leak or overflow issue.

Years of expensive purchases down the drain.

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
Is that something we have to do now? Because you didn't have to before. Btw that's a myth. Except mail nearly zero apps perform background tasks in iOS. But for **** I tried it.

OMG!

TPA still stuttered and died like a *****.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was just asking to see if it would help. I’m not an IT guy and I don’t work for Farsight. Sometimes things like closing apps helps and sometimes it doesn’t.
Be sure to send the issue to Farsight support. Make sure they know there is a major issue. Be sure to include what device you are using and the version of iOS it is running.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Also, as of the newest update, the slingshots on TZ kick the ball but don't register in game, making it impossible to get specials. And the leapers in SS don't work at all, making it impossible to get to the stiff-o-meter without the secret passage lane.

Both tables were updated, it blows my mind how obvious bugs like these get through testing.

I swear Farsight has no QA at all.

Oxy

Jul 16, 2013
Same here, crashes after a minute or two on my iPad 2. The app has also started to crash on my iPhone 6 Plus but much more sparingly. On the iPhone you can play for a pretty long time but eventually it crashes. No probs prior to this update.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Same here on ipad air. Crashes randomly during tourmament play also.
At random moment screen gets totally black and you return to the apps screen. :mad:

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
If I were to randomly guess it sounds like a memory overflow or leak that shows up in older devices faster because of less headroom, but will show on newer devices similarly but later because of more space available. This is kind of a noob error which indicates this release was very very rushed.

Oxy

Jul 16, 2013
Is there anyone who doesn’t have this problem? Is TPA essentially useless for all iOS users? Fantastic update!
Btw, I’ve sent Farsight a crash report from my iPhone 6 Plus, I urge everyone to do the same.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Few quick tests and everything seems fine for me on a 5th gen ipad (2gig) running ios 11.0 tho damn am i rusty needa get used to the ball and nudging again

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I guess this is a memory leak. It happens after 30 to 60 minutes of play.
Very annoying those random crashes. Never had this before and I played all official tournaments for hours.
Also the table select screen wiggles on my ipad air, never seen before.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We believe we resolved the issue and will be testing it before submitting it to Apple. The patch will only be for addressing the memory leak and we hope to release it on as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.