Table Pack #72 Speculation Thread

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
No, there will be Season 8. Embryon may lead it off.

They'll be taking a month off after Banzai Run to bug-fix.

Striker

May 26, 2017
Aaron Spelling Pinball!

134.jpg

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
+1 for Johnny Mnemonic

As for Aaron Spelling Pinball, I have no words (still in shock.) Hopefully only 2 tables have been produced. We're safe

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, decent drop target game. A bit underrated since it gets bashed for being a Premier. Great music and nice art. And you've gotta love the blatant Transformers knockoff character they advertised it with.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The pre dot matrix premiere games were better than the post ones, overall (Stargate being the main exception)

Burdette25159

Nov 1, 2015
If it's a licensed table: Johnny Mnemonic
If it's a Williams: Police Force
If it's a Bally/Midway: Mousin Around
If it's a Classic Stern: Big Game
If it's a Gottlieb: HOOPS

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
True, no one has actually said 'season 8', but then they never said 'season 7' either, it just got listed as such within the game when the first table came out. I'm really hoping for a gap month again, as a lot of good came out of last year's.

Unfortunately TPA is in a state such that a year gap would probably still not be enough to fix most of the problems. GB framerate, mid-table seams (still) on Road Show and Xenon, just to name a couple, tables with goals not triggering (Sorcerer is only the latest), updates that botch your progress, emulation for more SS tables, not being able to upgrade to pro seasons (was going to upgrade my six and seven seasons-can't now), new physics, still no floodlights on DX11 LCA (seriously, even DX9 had those), borked-up menus, still so tied up with TPA that one table a year comes out for SPA, and even fewer bug-fixes for that one. But the worst offense is every time there's a new update, another classic table I've already paid for table becomes unplayable.

The sad part is I'm sure I missed something.

NeonKnight

Jan 10, 2018
Unfortunately TPA is in a state such that a year gap would probably still not be enough to fix most of the problems. GB framerate, mid-table seams (still) on Road Show and Xenon, just to name a couple, tables with goals not triggering (Sorcerer is only the latest), updates that botch your progress, emulation for more SS tables, not being able to upgrade to pro seasons (was going to upgrade my six and seven seasons-can't now), new physics, still no floodlights on DX11 LCA (seriously, even DX9 had those), borked-up menus, still so tied up with TPA that one table a year comes out for SPA, and even fewer bug-fixes for that one. But the worst offense is every time there's a new update, another classic table I've already paid for table becomes unplayable.

The sad part is I'm sure I missed something.

Sadly, nothing you said was incorrect. For as much as I love this game, I've never seen so many problems, over so many years, from a gaming company.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Sadly, nothing you said was incorrect. For as much as I love this game, I've never seen so many problems, over so many years, from a gaming company.

You love the game because you love pinball and a lot of these tables.

No one *loves* TPA. I put up with it because I have to but it's only my passion for pinball that keeps me coming back. It's downright garbage software and its only strength comes from the pre-existing pinball tables it attempts to simulate.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
+1 for Johnny Mnemonic

As for Aaron Spelling Pinball, I have no words (still in shock.) Hopefully only 2 tables have been produced. We're safe

Want to see Johnny in TPA too, with a real slow spinner - the spinner breaks the game if it is too oiled up and spinning like crazy.

So happy I can play Paragon now; it is the stock table every time I startup TPA :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.