BlahCade 126: Arcooda Video Pinball News

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I forgive you haha

I can't do this for every table, every fix I make for a table means like 5 programmers have to spend time recompiling the table for their platform.
Perhaps you could pitch incremental fixes on a single table each month.

If I understand you correctly what you're saying is that even if you change one small art asset (say updated flipper bat models) in an already released table that requires recompilation across all platforms?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I wish I could be an embedded Product Manager at Farsight for maybe 6 months so I could better understand and articulate the challenges you guys face trying to meet the legacy table changes we constantly request.

These conversations around time to implement fixes vs value added are really really interesting to me in the profession that I'm in.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I assume that's how it would work, I don't see how else it would. Our engine is custom built and like 10 years old it doesn't have many fancy bells and whistles like in Unreal for example. But even with Unreal if you change anything you have to recompile the game's code entirely. (I think)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Perhaps you could pitch incremental fixes on a single table each month.

If I understand you correctly what you're saying is that even if you change one small art asset (say updated flipper bat models) in an already released table that requires recompilation across all platforms?

It would require recompiling for each platform so that they're isn't a difference across all platforms. Then testing would be required. Then the build has to be sent up to whichever platforms hosting site is, some require a submission process before releasing to the public like Sony, Microsoft, and Apple. For the most part this is why we see changes on Steam and mobile first.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What a cliffhanger on the most current episode! Now the long wait begins to find out if Sherlock Gnomes is a must see. :(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What a cliffhanger on the most current episode! Now the long wait begins to find out if Sherlock Gnomes is a must see. :(

Tell ya what, you can take one for the team and see it, then let us all know if it is a must see or not. I'm gonna do my part by watching Hurricane Heist as one of my films next week which looks equally terrible. Deal?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I agree that Hurricane Heist looks brutal. But I can’t bring myself to see a Sherlock Gnomes. :D I still haven’t seen Black Panther.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My daughter was kinda excited about Wrinkle In Time... then the reviews started coming in. Don't think she'll be seeing it now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My daughter was kinda excited about Wrinkle In Time... then the reviews started coming in. Don't think she'll be seeing it now.

Wait, so of the 4 movies I'll be seeing this week, I already saw the best reviewed one with 'Thoroughbreds'? Bring on the mediocrity. I'll let you know what I think of 'Wrinkle' in a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.