Patch 1.22 NA and 1.23 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey everyone. So I wanted to get the patch with Sorcerer early this month, but we are really taking our time with the QA for the PS4 builds, so we avoid releasing patches with big bugs again. I will be submitting sometime today or tomorrow, and as a result, the patch should be coming out either February 20th or the 21st. I'm shooting for the 20th, but there's a possibility a one day delay could come about. Unfortunately, the submission process for PS4 takes a couple of weeks. I have to get it approved by the 9th, which means they have to test the DLC, then it takes Sony the rest of the time to set up store stuff and what not.

As for the patch, here's the changelog.

Patch 1.22

Table Added:
-Sorcerer, a Williams table released in March 1985

Features Added:
-Updated ball eject sound
-You don't need to be online to use pro menu

Bugs Fixed:
-LCD Display text now shows up fully on several Gottlieb tables
-Gorgar pop bumpers now light up properly
-Changing Multiball Camera through main menu settings doesn't crash game
-Glo-Balls won't be skipped over when going from regular ball to the left
-Doctor Who Balls will show up when bought
-Monster Bash outlane cutouts aren't missing anymore
-Removed reflection from bride head in Bride of Pinbot
-World Champion Soccer missing sounds are in
-Can no longer look at table leaderboards through tournament all-time rank leaderboards
-Updated tuning on Twilight Zone
-Addams Family Gold changes pop bumpers lights
-On Fish Tales, all lights turn off when ball is drained
-Theatre of Magic left wall not obscured anymore
-BoneBusters properly ends now

So at this point now that I got the trophies, friends, and challenges all in, I'm primarily working on bugs. So if you've noticed a table bug that has been bugging you for a while, go mention it in the Master Bugs List. I constantly check this thread out and look for bugs that I should be able to fix.

EDIT:
I've posted a comment about how I have to delay. As of now, February 20th to 21st are no longer the release date.

Last edited:

The M

Aug 20, 2017
YAY no need to be online for Pro Menus! Thanks!!! Been waiting for that! Looking forward to this update! Thanks again Tom!

The M

Aug 20, 2017
The match Game for Last Action Hero is still missing.

It's been driving me crazy for years.

Last I checked that has been fixed. The Match game on PS4 V1.21NA works fine for me on Last Action Hero. Still missing the one for Frankenstein though.

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
Great news Tom, more improvements on the way.

Keep up the good work, its greatly appreciated. Good to have this great game getting great again. We love it!

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
It would be nice if you fixed the remaining issues with TOTAN. Be good to have the earliest table release 100% perfect.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Tales of the Arabian Nights

• The DMD on the backbox is not working.

• The plunger rod is too short and doesn’t reach the ball in the plunger lane.

• The inner plunger rod spring is missing.

The DMD not working is across all platforms. As it was an earlier table, the tech wasn't done. As of now it is an art bug. It also seems like the other two might be art bugs, and, thus, out of my hands.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Not really a bug, but I've noticed a huge difference with the Frank Thomas table on PS4 compared to the PC version with the graphics/lighting... Mainly the red and blue lights on the bottom in the corners, on the PC version you can clearly tell that it looks like a blue or red glass over a light bulb, i guess like how it would look in real life, but on the PS4 version it just seems like a red and blue light, it doesn't look like there is an actual light bulb under the blue and red casing...

Again it's kind of hard to explain, but if you check out videos of that table, you could see how it looks much clearer and i guess more detailed on the PC version... Is there anyway the PS4 can get similar results and graphics? Could it gave been that the PS4 version is like that because its a port of the PS3 version or Direct X9 version?

And just a question, is it possible to somehow get the room that is like the outside of the table to be darker or dimmed down and just have the table section to be lit up or brightened? Me personally I would be fine with having everything on the outside of the table be blacked out or look like it's in a darkened room and just have the actual table be nice and lit up? Or to possibly have another light setting/slider that will dim/darken the room outside of the table without affecting the lighting on the actual table or the tables playfield?

If that's not possible with the current way the game as a whole is now, then is there a possibility to get a new and improved version of Pinball Arcade that will be programmed to take advantage of the PS4 hardware better then it is now and to have a better ui system, graphics, lighting sliders like how i mentioned where you can darken the room but not the actual table? Something kind of like how Zen made Pinball FX 2 into Pinball FX3?

I just can't help and think that the PS4 can't get any better cause it's obvious that it can.. There are games out there that look and play amazing and I'm sure pinball arcade on the PS4 can look a lot closer to the PC version then it does now...

I'm also not complaining or anything, just pointing something out sand trying to find out why it may not be as clear or look similar and if there's any plans of possibly touching up on things like that and also giving suggestions for the light settings and sliders and i understand that may not be possible with the current version, but that's why I'm wondering if there is any plans to roll out a whole new updated version that would make future tables better and enhance older tables like PB FX3 did from FX2....

Thanks,
Jake

The M

Aug 20, 2017
"You don't need to be online to use Pro Menus"? Does that mean I can clear Standard and Wizard Goals with ball control enabled now!?

No it only means that Pro Menus are no longer unavailable offline. They will still not allow you to get scores or goals even when offline.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.