Patch 1.22 NA and 1.23 EU

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Yes, no tournament this month unfortunately. Although, I think we are going to do a tournament once this patch comes out, which will be in early March, so I don't know if that will be considered a
February tournament or a March tournament.
Any idea when this "early March" will be?

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I missed out on the last 2 newsletters for some reason. Maybe I have to resubscribe somewhere. Anyways, I cannot wait for 3/20 to play Sorcerer again. Thanks Farsight.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I missed out on the last 2 newsletters for some reason. Maybe I have to resubscribe somewhere. Anyways, I cannot wait for 3/20 to play Sorcerer again. Thanks Farsight.

It would be nice if this section could be brought up-to-date and maintained again: http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/288-newsletters

I got Newsletter 77 and this is more disturbing; conversation in General I guess:

Banzai Run™ is the last table of Season Seven and marks the end of monthly table releases. We will continue to update the game and fix issues as we work on new tables and features.

Stay tuned for what's coming next to The Pinball Arcade!

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013

Maybe one of the Mods, that get the newsletter early, can make a thread that is stickied to the top of the forum in General Games Discussion with a copy of the newsletter???

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
So, a late February - early March psych release has come and gone pretty much. I just saw now that the newsletter is saying 3/20 supposedly? Though, I can't remember the last time ANYTHING in the newsletter that pertained to consoles was correct and actually did or came out as announced...

I know Tom stated is being delayed... This is the same BS just a different day, week, month, year... I'm not trying to jump on Tom either, I'm just pointing this out as why some or a lot of us get upset... We're tired of dealing with this same crap...

Once again consoles are behind again, luckily not by a lot, but still behind... Numerous issues on the PS4 still... And I'm just talking about the stuff that broke since the last patch, not any of the existing things prior...

I just really hope something comes out and fixes a lot of these issues, so we can actually play and enjoy our product that we paid for and in some of our cases, paid multiple times for on different platforms... In a way i kind of don't even care about the latest tables, i would much rather have the issues resolved than new tables at this point....

Another thing i just wanted to mention and point out... I was watching some older videos on YT, the guys name is Croooow or something like that, he has multiple O's in it, but anyways, I was watching his much older Pinball videos when PBA was called The Williams Collection Pinball Hall of Fame or something like that and i believe he was playing them on the 360 and THOSE tables were looking MUCH MUCH better than the PS4, even now currently with the new light adjustments...

That is kind of what I've been trying to explain with how the lighting has been off, as in not right, for current gen systems... It's like the developers got all these new tools and more power and memory to play with and make some adjustments compared to last gen consoles and didn't really know what they were doing, tweaking, adjusting, etc...

Almost like if they got this new lighting and shadow feature/tool and wait way over board with it and thinking that's how they're supposed to look in real life or something?

The thing is, you can see how bright, vibrant, colorful the tables are and the lights or i guess you could say the glare/flash and or blurry-ness of the flashing lights don't get in the way or make it seem like a cheap lighting effect... That's how i always saw the lights or bulbs on some of the tables, especially if you compare Frank Thomas Grand Slam on the PS4 vs the PC version... There is a huge difference in how the red, blue, and clear/white lights look... They look correct and real on the PC version and on the PS4 it looks like some cheap imitation or genetic brand, that's why i say and think the PS4 and XB1 versions are nothing more than a cheap port...

But back to the older videos and just how amazing they were looking compared to now... Granted, some of it has to do with it being with another company before Farsight got a hold of it? Also maybe cause the lighting and shadows/ shading wasn't as complex or advanced on those systems then they are now.... Etc...

I'm sorry and I really do hate always bringing this up, but i do so because we never really got a straight answer on why the lighting, etc is drastically different and why it's worse on consoles versus the PC and even the mobile versions of the game....

I also point it out and try to have examples as in this case if Tom or anyone else wants to look up those older videos on Crooows channel on YouTube to see how they looked back turn compared to now... Also because its so hard to explain how the lighting just doesn't look right...

Yes, the adjustments to the lighting recently DID improve on a lot compared to how it was for over a year now, but it still needs some adjusting and tweaking... Also some tables are different, i think it was mentioned why the older tables didn't really benefit from the adjustment or patch because the graphics or something and how they were done for the older tables??

I know the PS4 and even XB1 can handle and show much better lighting adjustments and just the graphics overall on current consoles to just about how they look on PCs, even more so than mobile devices as those sometimes look better on there than PS4....

I know I'm not alone in that we just want our game that we love so much to look the best it can... We also don't want it to be forgotten about just because there had been some satisfactory adjustments to the lighting as there is still a lot to be done and a long way to go until it's looking closer to the PC versions and or even the advertised screen shots as many have pointed out...

I and I'm sure most others as well would much prefer that Farsight take a break in releasing newer tables, across ALL platforms and just go back and work on a whole new version of the game, kind of like how Zen came out with Pinball FX3... Plus go back to the existing tables, all the way to season 1 tables and fix a lot of the bugs and issues that a lot of the older original tables still have...

I would even be down for a complete re-work of the console versions... Build it from scratch using the correct tools etc for each system instead of porting over a version or doing a port and then trying to tweak the port.... That's what i think got the current gen console versions looking so bland and ugly versus other platforms is because its a port and people tried tweaking the port in trying to make it look better and over relying on the lighting tools and making way to many adjustments...

It might be a pipe dream for all that, but it would be nice and it would show that Farsight actually cares about console users and it would show they are trying to make things up... Yes Farsight over catered to the PC and Mobile versions of the game, but there is time to make things right.... If i recall correctly, consoles is what made Pinball Arcade popular and consoles is where it started, yeah it might of made a littler more and or easier on pc and mobile platforms, but it was console users that have been there since the beginning....

So that's all, haven't played in awhile due to the issues, plus i got really sick for awhile... But I've been checking each week for a patch and nothing and finally came here to check.... So hopefully it comes this week....

And please take a look at how it used to look versus to how it looks now... Speaking of that, if you try to compare Crooows videos, the older ones to his newer ones, then don't because the newer ones he has for pinball arcade is the PC version... But his older Williams Collection videos are from 360, he had some from PS4 when it first came out, but switched because of all the delays, etc....

Thanks for your time,...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Nothing yet in USA, but it's still relatively early in the day.

EDIT: I got ninja'd. LOL

2nd EDIT: Patch now live in USA.

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
So it looks like they published really fast, so they should be out there ready to download. Tell me how everything is.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
I installed the update and it seems ok so far... Sorcerer works (completed standard goals with no issues), my previous purchases, goal progress, and trophy progress are all intact, and each table's music now plays properly on the menu. Haven't tried any other tables yet but no immediate explosions like some of the other recent patches.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.