Jurassic Park coming Feb 20th

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
So what did you guys think of the Jurassic Park tables? I'm really enjoying both movie ones, but Mayhem has some weird narrow shots that I never seem to hit, so I haven't really gotten the hang of it.

The other two are pretty fun, still need to reach those wizard modes. The interaction with the dinos was pulled pretty well.

As a fan of the originals over the licenses almost entirely, I have to agree this table pack is pretty good. Probably the best licensed tables since the first Star Wars tables way back when. I can't even say I am a huge JP fan to begin with. But the films make a pretty good backdrop for a pinball theme. Thumbs up from me also.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Agree that Mayhem has some really narrow shots. Need to see who designed which table. Love that JP and JW use actual movie audio for call outs. Mayhem has probably the best original voice work I’ve heard from Zen for a licensed property (meaning it’s not annoying at all).

I like the traditional mission hole of JW. JP has better call outs if only because they are more iconic. I also love what bastards the raptors are. I started something where they were down by the flippers. I cradled a ball to aim, and one of them grabbed the ball and ran off, ending the mode before I could do anything!

All three tables really show off Zen doing what can only be done digitally, while retaining layouts that feel old school. Totally enjoying these.

The movie audio is what sold it for me. I couldn't bring myself to buy Back to the Future for the reason the knock-off voice acting was just too jarring.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If you were only going to buy one Jurassic Park pin, which would you buy?

I’d go with Jurassic Park. Better quotes, looks great, the raptors are awesome. It feels like a table you grew up with, not something brand new. I think it and JW have nice traditional pinball layouts that are fun though. Mayhem is pretty good too, so it’s a solid pack all around, but I gotta lean toward JP.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have all three, and have not really played them all extensively yet, but I would say at this point the one that I keep coming back to more than the others is Mayhem. It's a pretty unique layout and feel for Zen compared to the other two, and once I got I think three multiballs stacked and then got into a mode and started getting huge jackpots, it really felt like mayhem. I like the table flow on it, and it takes a while to get used to the ball paths, it's a little unpredictable.

All three of them are a lot of fun though. You can't lose with this pack, IMO.

Members online

Members online