Jurassic Park coming Feb 20th

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well it looks like Zen is at it again with their Universal Pics license! 3 Jurassic Park tables coming to Pinball FX3 on Feb 20th. There's Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, and Jurassic Park Pinball Mayhem.

I suggest they eventually do a 3 pack called Car Mayhem, that would be Fast and the Furious, Smokey and the Bandit, and Blues Brothers. Love that Zen is pushing out tables at a good clip since the release of PBFX3.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I suggest they eventually do a 3 pack called Car Mayhem, that would be Fast and the Furious, Smokey and the Bandit, and Blues Brothers.

What, no Death Race?

Jurassic Park tables from Zen should be fun. Lots of crazy stuff to do with dinosaurs. I'll be getting this pack for sure.

A shame we'll never get DE JP in TPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I had no idea if Death Race was from Universal or not, just that it's Corman. Also, is it even quotable? You know, for table callouts?

I could go for an Animal House table, and if you really wanted to show off Zen at its most 'not in the real world' you could do a Backdraft table with fire and smoke and water and explosions! A Despicable Me/Minions table would also be pretty awesome. Minion multiball, with like 20 yellow balls swarming the table or something. They could also do a pseudo Monster Bash table with all the Universal Monsters, though it's the music that makes that special and that's all Williams.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I had no idea if Death Race was from Universal or not, just that it's Corman. Also, is it even quotable? You know, for table callouts?

Probably not, no. I was just being dumb.

I could go for an Animal House table, and if you really wanted to show off Zen at its most 'not in the real world' you could do a Backdraft table with fire and smoke and water and explosions! A Despicable Me/Minions table would also be pretty awesome. Minion multiball, with like 20 yellow balls swarming the table or something. They could also do a pseudo Monster Bash table with all the Universal Monsters, though it's the music that makes that special and that's all Williams.

These are all good ideas.

I'd actually like to see two seperate 3-packs of tables for individual Universal Monsters. Maybe something like Dracula/Creature/Mummy and Frankenstein/Invisible Man/Wolf Man. Bride could be part of the Frankenstein table. That just leaves out the Phantom and the miscellaneous lesser known stuff.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
Since its the anniversary of JP this year, do you think FarSight could get the Data East or Sega license cheaper for promos? Can dream

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Since its the anniversary of JP this year, do you think FarSight could get the Data East or Sega license cheaper for promos? Can dream

That's some pipe dream you got going on there! If they were able to get the license, they'd have to pay the same as Zen just did. Thing is, Zen probably paid for exclusive rights to the license for a digital pinball version, for an exclusive period of time. It's why South Park was never going to happen, but could once more since Zen didn't renew the license. FarSight almost didn't get the T2 license due to another company buying the rights to make video games, but pinball managed to sneak through a loophole and FarSight promised to promote whatever game was being made. Guess what, the game never got made!

I'm not saying JP is impossible, especially since FarSight has done deals with Universal in the past. Just saying it would be a while so as not to confuse the marketplace.

Nov 18, 2016
Speaking in regards to other Universal licenses, I would love a serious, scary take on the Universal Monsters. Perhaps with a largely Black & White playfield. There are already so many funny and cute horror-themed pinball tables. Treat the Uni Monsters as seriously as Zen treats the Aliens, Jaws, etc etc.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Speaking in regards to other Universal licenses, I would love a serious, scary take on the Universal Monsters. Perhaps with a largely Black & White playfield. There are already so many funny and cute horror-themed pinball tables. Treat the Uni Monsters as seriously as Zen treats the Aliens, Jaws, etc etc.

Me too. Perfect for October. I just hope that Farsight having the license doesn't prevent zen from getting it. Even if it isn't an exclusive deal, licensing out the same properties to two virtual pinball companies may make universal feel that they would be competing against themselves and not want to do it.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015

Ohhh yaaaah baby! Can you imagine what they could do designing tables with the classic Universal monsters? That would be some pinball! Hold to the authentic old movies, not the perverted design of Monster Bash! Farsight had the license for the actual table of Monster Bash, using these characters. I don't they have the rights to design original tables/games. Zen may have that, or they may not.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
So what did you guys think of the Jurassic Park tables? I'm really enjoying both movie ones, but Mayhem has some weird narrow shots that I never seem to hit, so I haven't really gotten the hang of it.

The other two are pretty fun, still need to reach those wizard modes. The interaction with the dinos was pulled pretty well.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So what did you guys think of the Jurassic Park tables? I'm really enjoying both movie ones, but Mayhem has some weird narrow shots that never seem to hit, so I haven't really gotten the hang of it.

The other two are pretty fun, still need to reach those wizard modes. The interaction with the dinos was pulled pretty well.

Agree that Mayhem has some really narrow shots. Need to see who designed which table. Love that JP and JW use actual movie audio for call outs. Mayhem has probably the best original voice work I’ve heard from Zen for a licensed property (meaning it’s not annoying at all).

I like the traditional mission hole of JW. JP has better call outs if only because they are more iconic. I also love what bastards the raptors are. I started something where they were down by the flippers. I cradled a ball to aim, and one of them grabbed the ball and ran off, ending the mode before I could do anything!

All three tables really show off Zen doing what can only be done digitally, while retaining layouts that feel old school. Totally enjoying these.

Members online

Members online