Watch me play The Big Race on my Pincab

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Pro Pinball put their Tables out on PSP Portable back in the day. You can grab the PSP Portable emulator from emuparadise.com and then download the Pro Pinbal table Roms ... all 4 are there (The Web, The Big Race, Fantastic Journey, and Timeshock). Took a little playing around with, but in the end way worth it. Physics are surprisingly great for the day.

https://youtu.be/hUJb5ThuuYs

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, and the textures actually hold up pretty well after all these years, especially compared to the PSP version.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Yes... Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know if portrait mode is supported in these versions on GOG?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Portrait didn't exist back then, and I'm sure they didn't update the game to meet the standards of today. These are old games we're talking about.

Timeshock ULTRA? Yep. Original games? Most likely not.

I'd still recommend getting these games. Great classics.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
And the answer is .................. No. No portrait mode. Interesting as there is a "flip screen" option you can enable, but it does nothing. Anyway its cheap and a very cool little piece of digital pinball history to own. I'll be getting Fantastic Journey as well.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
And the answer is .................. No. No portrait mode. Interesting as there is a "flip screen" option you can enable, but it does nothing. Anyway its cheap and a very cool little piece of digital pinball history to own. I'll be getting Fantastic Journey as well.

Thanks for the info. I will purchase all three since it is only $18 and they sound like they are very well done. I own Timeshock Ultra but it will be interesting to play the original. I understand you can adjust the slope with these versions which sounds like fun.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
That "screen flipping" in the old versions is a technical option for the video rendering, whether to draw into two areas of video memory on alternating frames, or only one at the risk of displaying a frame while still in the middle of updating it. Some video cards and drivers back around 1998 didn't support screen flipping very well, but it's standard on everything nowadays.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
I want to purchase all three pins on GOG but don't want to use a credit card, PayPal or any of the other methods they listed on their website. From what I can tell GOG does not sell prepaid gift cards like Steam. Does anybody know if a prepaid debit card will work to purchase their games? Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. I did a little research and GOG accepts something called a paysafecard which I can purchase here in Boston at a convenience store called Alltown. Just so happens one is located on my bus ride home. Can't wait to play these tonight. Thanks Jeff and Pinballwiz for sharing this information.

Last edited:

jimw917

Aug 2, 2016

THANKS SO MUCH for posting these links! I too went there, ponied up the 18 bucks for all three, and got them all to work. A note for others: Go into the graphics settings and adjust them to the highest possible; any modern computer will be able to handle these settings without issue. And if you DO have a problem, well, you know where to go to adjust again. I also went in and adjusted the sound quality to max.

Believe it or not, I still own the originals and still have the boxes and documentation. I had given up on them because I couldn't get them to play on any of my computers (Win XP and beyond). But this was a very simple fix and they look and play great, just as the originals did. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.