Stern code updates

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
Despite its relative age, Stern released an official code update for AC/DC yesterday. Do we know what Farsight's policy on this kind of thing is going to be? I imagine that we might see one on Ghostbusters eventually too - and if they end up supporting the full video SPIKE 2 games, it'll be even more common.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
1) this has been a concern of mine from the start

2) i highly doubt they'll support the video display games. Gigs of video data and it's more complex.

Ghostbusters *barely* works, the slowdown in the video mode is ridiculous on my Ipad Air 2.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, if Farsight gets the code, they'd probably integrate the code into the next release. Depends if Farsight gets the code from Stern or not. I'm guessing they will so it'll just be a matter of porting it over again and releasing the updated table.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
FYI, In the recent Blahcade podcast interview with Farsight they explicitly confirmed that they will indeed implement ROM updates to tables in the stern pinball arcade when/if there are updates released IRL.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
FYI, In the recent Blahcade podcast interview with Farsight they explicitly confirmed that they will indeed implement ROM updates to tables in the stern pinball arcade when/if there are updates released IRL.

At the rate FarSight is going, that will be a once-a-year deal.

And having to update all consoles will take even longer.

Members online

Members online