Free camera mod problem

bill777

Feb 16, 2018
Hello.

I want help for the pinball arcade free camera mod
I have downloaded the last version of the mod and when I run it through steam with version dx11, It shows the first screen and it stops there as you can see in the photo.

When can I do ? Please help me.

bill777

Feb 16, 2018
Please any help;
I can format my pc . And install again windows 10 and game on steam and the free camera mod still not working...

My setup runs in a pc with windows 10 and two monitors. One 43" 4k tv for playfield and one screen 24" 1080p for backglass. vga card nvidia 980 ti.
At desplay settings of windows10 the tv for the playfield appears as monitor number 2 and the monitor backglass number 1.
At settings of free camera mod where we set at which monitor number will be the backglass and the dmd, whether I put it number one or two screen It always stocks at the playfield monitor as you see at the photo.

I have updated the game and the mod at last version. Everytime I open the game at the same time with the mod it appears the photo of the backglass stock at the playfield screen as you can see in the photo. But mod recognizes the game everytime it opens and a message says it recognizes it.
I tried to change the settings of the mod but nothing changes.
The game runs dx11 through steam,does this matter?
Could anyone help me? If anyone wants to see this and help me through teamviewer I would be grateful. And I don't have problem to pay for the help.

and settings for freecamera mod:
[Settings]

; Auto launch the game when the mod starts.
LaunchGame=0

; Path to the game executable.
GamePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe

; Overlay is hidden when the game starts.
StartHidden=0

; Opacity of the overlay (0 -> 1.0 / 0.1 range).
Opacity=1.0

; Enable/disable the mod.
FreeCameraMode=1

; Auto hide the ingame HUD when you click START button.
AutoHideHUD=0

; The cam values are applied to the sliders when you click START button, otherwise sliders value are applied to the cam.
AutoCamToSliders=1

; Check if a *.cam file exists for the current table and automatically loads it.
AutoLoadCamFile=1

; Enable/disable Hotkeys.
HotKeys=0

; The key (constant) defined in the game to manually hide the ingame HUD (default key: H)
; Keyboard scan code constants list: http://goo.gl/rvrMS9
; Take the hex value in the table (0x48) and convert it to an integer (72);
HideHUDKey=72

[Cabinet]

; Enable cabinet mode, dual monitor display with backglass & DMD.
CabinetMode=1

; Backglass monitor number (as displayed in Windows/Nvidia/Ati display settings).
BGMonitor=2
; Enable/disable 4K resolution support.
HighRes4K=1

[DMD]

; ### DMD Settings (position is ignored when a table specific DMD file exists) ###

; DMD monitor number (as displayed in Windows/Nvidia/Ati display settings).
DMDMonitor=2

; DMD Default X Position.
DMDXPos=0

; DMD Default Y Position.
DMDYPos=0

; DMD always on top of all windows.
DMDTopMost=0

; DMD position is locked by default.
DMDLockedPos=0

; DMD size is locked by default.
DMDLockedSize=0

Last edited:

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
[MENTION=7101]bill777[/MENTION], in Windows' display settings, your playfield monitor should be #1 and backglass monitor as #2. So, you may have to switch your HDMI cables at your nVidia980 video card. Otherwise, your settings.ini file looks good. After tweaking, you may want to set StartHidden=1. Regarding DX11, the mod requires Pinball Arcade DX11 version (not DX9).
There's a guide:
>It can be a bit tricky to setup everything but thanks to [MENTION=4788]Robert Misner[/MENTION], here is a complete PDF guide with the setup instructions.
> http://docdro.id/v0xpdE2
> Please read it carefully, it has been updated with the new instructions for 3 screens setup and floating DMD features.
I hope this helps.

Also, in your first post (with the picture), it looks like everything is working. Did you click on "Press to Start"?

Last edited:

bill777

Feb 16, 2018
I changed the position and the cables from the screens but there is still the same problem

please I would like to have some help from Noex if it is possible

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Sometimes in Windows the monitors numbers don't match with the numbers in the Settings.ini file. Try to change BGMonitor setting to 0,1 or 3 and see what happens.

bill777

Feb 16, 2018
Thanks for your response. finally I did it and worked
now I have another problem... I can not setup the camera so that it occupies the table full of the screen... leaves a black place on the bottom of the screen.

Are there ready settings for a 43 "monitor that I can test?

Finally, I have another question. can work the mod with the original cameras of the game and add only the backglass and DMD?

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Are there ready settings for a 43 "monitor that I can test?

I guess not, the problem isn't the 43" monitor but probably because you play with a 4k resolution, you'll have to set the camera settings for each table by yourself. Otherwise, set your monitor + game to a fullhd resolution and grab the cam files ready to be used on the forum.

Finally, I have another question. can work the mod with the original cameras of the game and add only the backglass and DMD?

Yes, just set FreeCameraMode=0 in Settings.ini file (CabinetMode must be set to 1).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.