Noex Mod problem in Windows 10 PRO

benjaminit

Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys. First I would like to introduce myself. My name is Benjamin, and after a few years of turning around I decided to start a virtual pinball cabinet. The pinball has installed several emulators such as Future Pinball, Pinball FX3, Visual Pinball, Zaccaria Pinall and of course Pinball Arcade. The problem that I raise here is that I can not make the incredible NOEX Mod work in Windows 10 PRO. I have followed the instructions carefully, I have given administrator permissions to all the files and folders, I have tried different screen resolutions, I have created exclusions in windows defender .... and nothing. When I start TPA MOd, it also starts arcade pinball but the first thing that does not go well is a STEAM message that says: "Pinball arcade is trying to start with the optional parameters shown below:" c: \ Program Files (x86) \ SteamApps \ common \ PinballArcade \ PinballArcade11.exe "% command%" If you have not requested this startup or do not understand these options, select Cancel ""
I give Accept and opens Pinball Arcade, but in normal mode and without a trace of the MOD to configure the views and the cabinet. As if nothing had happened.
I'm desperate because I think PINBALLARCADE's current pinball simulation is the best and the NOEX MOD is spectacular (thanks NOEX). If someone could help me I would be very very grateful
thank you very much to all

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
The "%command%" at the end of that message is odd ... make sure that you have nothing after PinballArcade11.exe in the Mod's settings.ini file.

mine looks like this:
; Path to the game executable.
GamePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe

That error is acting like you got something tagged on the end of the exe file in the ini file ...

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
From the error message, it looks like the whole path of the exe is being passed on as a launch parameter. It should not have any launch options. Upload your freecamera config file.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Hello [MENTION=7100]benjaminit[/MENTION],

The %command% launch parameter is a built-in mod parameter which was usually used to start DX11 version of the game instead of DX9 version, it seems to be obsolete now. I've removed it and added a new method, it should work properly now.

A new mod's version (v1.92.1) is available !

Changelog:

- Fixed (%command%) launch parameter bug causing DX9 Pinball Arcade version to start instead of DX11 build.

Just restart the mod to download the new version.

Members online

Members online