Nintendo Switch Version!

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
Well I am pretty sure that I will be getting a switch as a gift from my family. Wonder if I should just start buying Zaccaria on the switch or wait for xbox. I know they have already put alot into the Nintendo version so maybe it's already more polished ...

Imo depends on how you plan on playing the game. Handheld? No problem. 1080p tv? Perhaps a problem. 4k tv? Definitely a problem.

I play on 4k and the game looks absolutely horrible on my TV. If all this is a non factor then I'd say get the Switch version.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Thanks Jake. Well, the decision has been made for me. Xbox One hard drive is toast so I have started my Zaccaria collection on the Switch we just got :)

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Thanks Jake. Well, the decision has been made for me. Xbox One hard drive is toast so I have started my Zaccaria collection on the Switch we just got :)

And as I now have a collection of pinball to build on the switch, and only a limited amount to spend each month on doing so, I am spending most of that allotment collecting the Zacc tables. More TPA and FX3 tables will be added to my Switch library, collection no doubt. And frankly I didn't even like this game on Steam. However, it plays quite well on the Switch and has stole the show for me for now. So all of my disposable game income has been going to these guys recently. I have them all now except the newest of the remakes, and I will not buy the award tables, I have to earn those. But I have all the EMs, the SSs, the retros, and about half the remakes. just having alot of fun with these tables for some reason. It's like raw pinball at its best man.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Just wondered if anyone who plays ZACCARIA on Switch and has the Remake Tables could give some impressions, opinions on those tables?

I've only recently started building my ZACCARIA table collection and have the retro tables, a solid state table pack and am interested in these remake tables and how they play. Any guidance is much appreciated. I am working my way through the trials for each but would be helpful to hear more discussion of these remake offerings. Cheers.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I haven't played the digital original tables as much as I've played the recreations, but from what I have played of the Remakes, they seem pretty good. If you're the type of person who normally doesn't like digital only tables, they probably won't win you over, but if you do enjoy digital designs you'll probably enjoy them. In my opinion the Remakes are better than the Reward tables and the Retros (I don't care for most of the Retros).

Some of them are pretty grounded and closer to real pf layouts, whereas some of them are a bit more wacky and busy and definitely lean more towards digital. So there's a good mix of both ends of the spectrum. Combat would be an example of a more grounded table vs. Hot Wheels as one they took more liberties with. Some of them even take cues directly from the real Zaccaria tables, such as Magic Castle Remake using the lower pf design of Clown.

They all have basic DMD-style score displays, some sound effects and voice callouts added to them to give them a bit more personality, although it's all pretty basic stuff. The DMD just displays score and the callouts are all pretty much the same on every table, just with different voice actors. My biggest complaint with the Remakes is probably the lighting, specifically the fact that they recycle the same generic looking pf insert lights on every table. It just looks cheap. But that's a pretty minor issue.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I haven't played the digital original tables as much as I've played the recreations, but from what I have played of the Remakes, they seem pretty good. If you're the type of person who normally doesn't like digital only tables, they probably won't win you over, but if you do enjoy digital designs you'll probably enjoy them. In my opinion the Remakes are better than the Reward tables and the Retros (I don't care for most of the Retros).

Some of them are pretty grounded and closer to real pf layouts, whereas some of them are a bit more wacky and busy and definitely lean more towards digital. So there's a good mix of both ends of the spectrum. Combat would be an example of a more grounded table vs. Hot Wheels as one they took more liberties with. Some of them even take cues directly from the real Zaccaria tables, such as Magic Castle Remake using the lower pf design of Clown.

They all have basic DMD-style score displays, some sound effects and voice callouts added to them to give them a bit more personality, although it's all pretty basic stuff. The DMD just displays score and the callouts are all pretty much the same on every table, just with different voice actors. My biggest complaint with the Remakes is probably the lighting, specifically the fact that they recycle the same generic looking pf insert lights on every table. It just looks cheap. But that's a pretty minor issue.

Thank you for the response. I am currently going through each of the remake tables and trying the demo out for each. I'll likely just plump for a few tables and buy them individually or just pull the trigger on one of the Remake Table Packs for £13.49.

Another question: Has anyone experienced the game closing down on them suddenly and getting the black error screen with white writing, telling you the software has had to close unexpectedly due to an error? I seem to be getting this crash quite regularly which is worrying. I have archived and then re-downloaded the game and hope this remedies the situation. If it helps, the crash seems to occur when the achievement pop-ups occur or when loading the leaderboards. Be reassuring to hear if anyone else has experienced this 'bug'? and whether the devs of ZACCARIA on Switch are aware of it? Or of it is an emerging issue with my Day 1 launch model Switch.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I went ahead and bought the first remake pack bundle. Managed to play a game of each of the nine tables without any further crashes. Fingers crossed redownloading the game has done the trick.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
So how successful has this release on The Switch been? It seems so many tables have only 100 or so top scores. Under arcade it is much higher than Simulation, but when playing arcade there is clearly an instant jump in rankings that implies too many of those high scores are demo play scores. To make matters worse, I have the top score on a few tables... which just isn't right.

It seems a bit unfortunate, as this release has been very good, and I enjoy playing these tables so much. So much I bought them on the PC and Switch.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
So how successful has this release on The Switch been? It seems so many tables have only 100 or so top scores. Under arcade it is much higher than Simulation, but when playing arcade there is clearly an instant jump in rankings that implies too many of those high scores are demo play scores. To make matters worse, I have the top score on a few tables... which just isn't right.

It seems a bit unfortunate, as this release has been very good, and I enjoy playing these tables so much. So much I bought them on the PC and Switch.

I LOVE playing this game on Switch, I have played and hit the boards to varying degrees of success in both arcade and simulation game modes. If you also play TPA and FX3 on Switch, send me a friend request!

My friend code is 7786-9990-4582 and my name is Schmitzy

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
A big update is on the way: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...5457587239167&ref=page_internal&__tn__=*s*s-R

* New User Interface
* Optimized performance
* Improved graphic quality
* 8 New Remake tables
* 6 New Deluxe tables
* New game mode Zombie Invasion
* Many bug fixes and minor improvements
* Updated age rating

***Packs & Prices***
* Remake table US $2.99
* Deluxe Pack 1 - US $4.99 (Red Show, Cine Star and Spooky)
* Deluxe Pack 2 - US $4.99 (Strike, Universe and Pool Champion)
* Zombie Invasion - US $2.99
* Remake Pack 3 - US $14.99 (Pool Champion 2018, Clown 2019, Devil Riders 2019, Fire *Mountain 2019, Tropical 2019, Wood's Queen 2019, Time Machine 2019 and Star God 2019)

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
At last! Was hoping MagicPixel would bring these new deluxe tables to Nintendo Switch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daddoo

Oct 21, 2019
I'd still like for these table packs to be discounted for once... But I've been waiting for the graphics update since it came out, it looks fine in handheld, but terrible on my monitor. Really happy they're working on it!

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Agreed. The table packs never seem to be on sale on the Nintendo eShop.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
The Zaccaria Update is now live on Switch (well, it is for me UK based). Never played the Deluxe Tables so gonna pick them up and give them a try. Appreciate Magic Pixel offering this support and update for us Switch based players.

Daddoo

Oct 21, 2019
I like this UI much better than the old one. My early impressions are that the performance hasn't improved much, though. There's still slowdown when an achievement pops and the resolution looks better, but only marginally.
I'm glad more tables have made the jump to Switch though. Still on the fence about which pack to purchase first.

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
i experienced the performance drops when achievments pops up as well.
is there a way to disable them? I couldnt find an option.
Besides that i like tje update a lot. the new ui is so much easier to understand.
the graphical fidelity was good enough for me and is even better now.
In my opinion it is the most beautiful pinball game on switch.
The new tables are great too and i like the invasion mode a lot.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Enjoying the new deluxe tables. Think Pool Champion Deluxe is my favourite so far. Bought all 6 for £8 approx. Bargain.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Enjoying the new deluxe tables. Think Pool Champion Deluxe is my favourite so far. Bought all 6 for £8 approx. Bargain.
How wide is Pool Champion Deluxe?! That is nuts!

Unfortunately, Nintendo also did the Mario Bros 35 release at the same time, so this is splitting my time.

I'm not a big fan of the updated look, but it isn't bad. My one wish would be to have a high score collection for the tables in one spot.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Wayhoo! Also discounted on UK eShop. Nice one Magic Pixel - ever closer to completing my collection of tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.