BlahCade Pinball Podcast Episodes (128 and higher)

suplrist

Jun 22, 2018
I guess it’s possible you both missed it, but seeing how you’re both moderators on the forum I presumed it was deliberate. My apologies. I’m talking about the revelation made last fri/sat that Kinect tracking/touchscreen menu GUI have been included with and work on the $150 steam Cabinet software. It must be a big deal to someone around here because the post revealing how to enable the features was edited to remove the instructions.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I guess it’s possible you both missed it, but seeing how you’re both moderators on the forum I presumed it was deliberate. My apologies. I’m talking about the revelation made last fri/sat that Kinect tracking/touchscreen menu GUI have been included with and work on the $150 steam Cabinet software. It must be a big deal to someone around here because the post revealing how to enable the features was edited to remove the instructions.

That editing of the post was not done at our request. As for talking about it in the podcast, I was aware of that post and discovery. However, that is the type of thing that could easily disappear in the future as it was not supposed to be an option. Rather than shine a spotlight on it, I figure it’s better to keep that info as a not so secret secret. If the option eventually does get pulled, there better not be a wave of complaints over it either.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Im not tracking this but heyho one would assume at least in the future they will offe ths feature standalone at a premium

suplrist

Jun 22, 2018
Just saying it's really big news and worthy of a mention if not in depth discussion. The omission of it left me wondering why, that's all. And although neither of you asked for the edit, I'm pretty sure someone else from FS/Arcooda did otherwise it would still be up. It seems FS/arcooda is trying to get the toothpaste back into the tube here. I fully understand that it can be withdrawn at a later date, but does that mean that the users that have the capability now should not enjoy it while it's there?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So maybe message and ask him yourself why the post was edited. To the best of my knowledge nobody asked him to pull info or anything. And I'm all for people enjoying things while they can, I just question the wisdom of planting a big giant red flag to draw attention that might get that very thing removed quicker.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
BlahCade #142: Leaky Pinball Valve

Because the Pinball Arcade Fans forum has evolved over the years, we are at the point where we need a name change. If you can give the community a leg-up with that, then weigh into the thread.

The main event this week is the leak from Steam that reveals the most downloaded games, based on titles with Steam achievements. There are some surprises in the mix that even had us a little confused. All are linked in the notes for you to click through and check them out.

Check out http://blahcadepinball.com/142-leaky-pinball-valve for links to every game we talk about in the episode, along with episode timings.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Chris, just watched “Sorry to Bother You” and your review was spot on. Had me busting up laughing for the first act, but it just kept getting stranger and stranger lol. Like you said, I’m glad I watched it though and it certainly was interesting.

Thanks for doing these reviews, dude. Really enjoy them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Boring is the worst crime a movie can commit, and Sorry To Bother you is anything but. It’s just weird as hell!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
BlahCade #143: Four Little Words

How can four little words spark so much rumor and speculation? We investigate the four little words show friend Brad Baker from VPCabs uttered about WMS Licences.

We also check in on Zen and how they freely allow commercial use of their games (for the right price, of course).

Farsight have released the re-organised pack structures, and people are grabbing their pitchforks. We offer some suggestions about how to overcome the problem.

See http://blahcadepinball.com/143-four-little-words for show notes and links.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Blam! It's a banner day on our website. I dropped 2 new movie review AND Jared dropped a new podcast. Woo-hoo!

cjchand

May 14, 2018
Only part way through the latest episode, but Jared’s comment about Aussies shortening everything made it imperative I share this so Chris can better speak the language of Oz:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only part way through the latest episode, but Jared’s comment about Aussies shortening everything made it imperative I share this so Chris can better speak the language of Oz:

Brilliant! I mean, Er, brillos! I’ll do me best.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.