It’s the end of seasons on the pinball arcade

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Well it’s official, there won’t be anymore monthly table releases for TPA. Tables will be released when they feel like doing so.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
no worries !!! we got got nearly 100 tables , so 1 here and one there doesn`t bother me . I was happy to get just 20 tables ,now nearly 100 tables later , I`m so so so happy !!!! :cool:

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
I'm okay with this. 1 month per table is a hectic schedule and I'm surprised they've kept it up as long as they have.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Plus you have to remember SPA will probably get a bit more support now too, just wonder how many tables we will see a year in TPA? Table every 2-4 months???

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Perfectly fine with me. A table per month was way too ambitious anyway. Having them taking the Zen Studios route is a much more feasible business route.

Last edited:

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Perfectly fine with me. A table per month was way too ambiguous anyway. Having them taking the Zen Studios route is a much more feasible business route.

I'm going to assume you meant "ambitious." If so, yes, I agree.

I'll gladly pay ten bucks per individual table (less for an EM), more if it has a license. Then I can skip out on the mediocre Gottliebs that arrive, though I'll risk missing out on a pleasant surprise, like Big Hurt and Wipe Out have been.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if the meant that they won't release every month because of the month off that they'll use to bug-fix.....Which has already happened before S7 started. I'm guessing we'll get consecutive monthly releases to complete a season, then a month will be skipped .

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I wonder if the meant that they won't release every month because of the month off that they'll use to bug-fix.....Which has already happened before S7 started. I'm guessing we'll get consecutive monthly releases to complete a season, then a month will be skipped .

If you listen later in the stream, someone asks if they will release a new table as often as every other month and they reply that they probably won't, but there could be updates such as bug fixes and new features that often.

Also, unless I misunderstood them towards the end of the stream, (around the 45 minute mark) they say it's not the end of seasons, just their monthly schedule.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013

No that’s not what they said. I got an Emil three months ago telling me this was the last season. I wrote an email and asked and that’s what they said back then. I posted it but know one believed it.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Personally, I think this is a great decision. I started buying season passes with Season 6, and it's clear that the team is spread way too thin to put out a new table on every platform every month without introducing new bugs, and the fixes are hard to squeeze in with the next monthly release breathing down their necks.

I really hope Farsight can make this work business-wise. I'm sure it is possible, if they were to put in online play, some of the features in FX3, and market the product well, they certainly should be able to.

I would be thrilled to get more bug fix updates and re-tunings, getting SPA stabilized, and hopefully 3 or 4 excellent table releases per year.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It would make sense for them to bundle tables into a season after the next 10 table packs. So I'd imagine there will be a "Season 8" but it won't be "Season 8" up-front for purchase. At least, I'd like to think that's what they'll be doing; it makes sense from a certain point of view.

How about a "Mega Season Pass" that gets you every table for an even better discount than a single-season pass? There might be some takers. They could probably do that easily enough on Steam and Android; not sure about iOS and other platforms.

I'd like there to be a way that allows me to automatically get every new table that hits Steam without having to go in an make a purchase. Can Steam handle a "subscription"-type thing?

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Ich hope they focus on bug fixes, tuning and VR now. Ball Rotation would be awesome. If they put a lot of work into tables, they could easily launch a remastered version for some bucks.

Members online

Members online