It’s the end of seasons on the pinball arcade

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
A lot of questions:

I'd really like to hear about how Farsight plan on making the same amount of revenue now that there are no longer monthly table releases. Surely they'd want to make more over time, if anything?

Perhaps they have some cool secret projects they cannot discuss yet?

Is the focus now primarily on Stern Pinball arcade?

au5zgcr.png

Generally speaking, they make a great product, which fills a niche gap in the market, so why change (reduce) the proven business model?

K4DTY2F.png

How many people work at Farsight?

~25

I love everything Farsight have done for Pinball Arcade and pinball in general , but working on programs such as pinball invaders, Orballz, Brunswick bowling etc seems to indicate a potential lack of focus from them from time to time.

No artist/programmer from Farsight worked on Pinball Cadet or Invaders. Why is a lack of focus even a bad thing? TPA is what 6 years old? Does Blizzard have a lack of focus because they changed from making an MMORPG to a team based arena shooter? A lack of focus seems like a good thing to me, this industry is always changing and it has trends we should be keeping up with.

Some are much more optimistic than I am. I don't think we will see a re-do of season one graphics or a physics 4.0. Actually I 'll be surprised if we get many/or any more tables. Just my gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong though.

I'm pretty confident that you're probably wrong.

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Physics 4.0 is the only thing that would motivate me to buy TPA stuff beyond the three seasons I own. Glad Matt expressed a glimmer of hope.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Got to admit I was very disappointed when I read the end of seasons and monthly releases. I really hope the release of true classic pinballs in the collection can continue in some form, so much good stuff left. Keep us informed when you can Matt and any Farsight guys!

Thank you very much for all the work you have put into the game Farsight team! congrats on the retirement Norm! Keep up the great work, I hope you are able to polish the game now the way fans and I assume you would want

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Just dropping in to say I love your posts and tidbits of information here.
Aaaaand, wouldn't mind more graphical touch ups (Hi-rez and what not) on S1 andS2 - - - and that elusive Physics4 with the possible ball spin, if you know the person to slip a note too during coffee break.... ;)

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Just dropping in to say I love your posts and tidbits of information here.
Aaaaand, wouldn't mind more graphical touch ups (Hi-rez and what not) on S1 andS2 - - - and that elusive Physics4 with the possible ball spin, if you know the person to slip a note too during coffee break.... ;)

Jag ska försöka

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well,

EVery time I come back here I find infobombs

It's been a good long run with TPA, and I remember all the way back to the inital 4 table releases. Man, I remember them releasing and playing them on my iPhone4. Good times.

It would be cool to see some specific tables...maybe a slower release schedule will result in some long asked for machine recreations like Big Bang Bar or (I think I'm the only one asking for this one) Triple Strike.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
I'm sensitive to updates. With the exception of Black Knight, which is broken, I'd rather leave Season One as is, I think. It works, don't do anything that could harm it.

Cirqus Voltaire is still very much broken on iOS. Would love to see it finally fixed.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
So apparently it's now the end of the end of seasons. What with a so-called season 8 having been officially announced.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
You're probably right.

Thinking of it a different way, if they're going to be reorganizing the season packs into new packs after June 30th (I'm pretty sure they mentioned this in one of their posts or replies on Facebook today, but I don't feel like digging for it right now), it obviously wouldn't make sense for a "Season 8" to exist.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Damn so TPA has lost all Williams/Bally licensed tables, thats a massive loss!!!. There was still so many great Williams/Bally tables that needed to come to TPA....beginning of the end i guess they had a good run :(

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Well Farsight has at least announced that there will be a season 8 which will include all of the unreleased tables from Stern Pinball Arcade plus a couple of un-announced ones. After that it's anyone's guess. They have a couple of projects they are working on outside of TPA plus plans to release new Stern tables. I'm hoping to see some licensed Data East tables but I won't hold my breath.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Some are much more optimistic than I am. I don't think we will see a re-do of season one graphics or a physics 4.0. Actually I 'll be surprised if we get many/or any more tables. Just my gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong though.

Looks like we got the season 1 re-do. Be careful what you ask for :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.