Norm Left Farsight & No Table Hint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Any idea when there will be the next table?

I wouldn't expect more than two a year, so ask again if we don't have a new table by September.

They said in the banzai run stream that they won't be released as often as every other month, but they might update with bug fixes and new features that often. But the guy that said it is just their PR guy making educated guesses, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Man, that's a big loss! How many more employees are leaving or getting laid off? To top it off, no more seasons, either? This doesn't sound very good at all.

This is for anyone else who might be confused by Norman leaving. He didn't quit; instead, he retired. Leaving and retiring are two different things, so I just wanted to clear that up.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
so will the console versions still be updated with the remaining tables? Or are those not gonna be coming for a while now?

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
PS4 is one table behind and that's already sitting at sony waiting approval.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I briefly texted with Norman the other day. Says he's bowling in the morning, playing video games in the evening. Sounds like retirement is going well for him!

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I knew I smelled something ****ty. Norm got out while the gettin was good before the licenses left. Good for him likely a good excuse to retire as opposed to having to look for work elsewhere.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
You yourself made this thread way back in March. Norm wouldn't have even known anything was going to happen when he retired. Several FarSight employees and syt, people who have actual information, have made it abundantly clear that the dude retired because he wanted to damn well retire.

Can the conspiracy theories please go?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I knew I smelled something ****ty. Norm got out while the gettin was good before the licenses left. Good for him likely a good excuse to retire as opposed to having to look for work elsewhere.

Correlation doesn't imply causation.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I think it's time to have the last word on this thread.

Norman retiring had nothing to do with the WMS license mess. If you'd ever met Norman, talked with him, known what he was about, you'd realize there's nothing but pure coincidence to the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online