Banzai Run

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Compound that with the fact that you need to pull the plunger past the sight lines on the TPA version makes this a tough wizard goal.

You don't actually pull the plunger past the sight lines.
If you Jack up the screen brightness to max you can actually just make out the plunger tip from the background. But anything less than max and its invisible. Can't play like that though.
In the pic below, I cranked up the brightness and drew around the tip in red for visibility.

This was pointed out a few times in the beta but didn't get changed.
465cb8f34740147b7b393aa8a0dc88df.jpg

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Pretty close to what I do for the skillshot. I would like to be able to see the plunger tip better. More contrast or change the tip to white.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
You don't actually pull the plunger past the sight lines.
If you Jack up the screen brightness to max you can actually just make out the plunger tip from the background. But anything less than max and its invisible. Can't play like that though.
In the pic below, I cranked up the brightness and drew around the tip in red for visibility.

This was pointed out a few times in the beta but didn't get changed.
465cb8f34740147b7b393aa8a0dc88df.jpg

I've only played it on iOS so far. Gonna try it on Steam this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I tried pulling the plunger to this point. That's not even close to enough force to get the ball onto the table. Any video of doing it available?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
plunger on this one is totally inconsistent. Pulling it all the way down will always launch the ball at full speed but moving it slightly up from max power will produce very different results. Now, I get that 1mm IRL can make a difference between succes and fail but here it makes a difference between plunging all the way to the skill shot hole or not leaving the plunger lane at all.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I tried pulling the plunger to this point. That's not even close to enough force to get the ball onto the table. Any video of doing it available?
That's not showing you where to align for the skill shot.
It's an illustration of where the plunger tip actually is, if you turn up the screen brightness so you can see it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
FINALLY managed to get Cycle Stunt 4. The sweet spot, though inconsistent, is usually around the 2nd furthest yellow/black arrow.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
FINALLY managed to get Cycle Stunt 4. The sweet spot, though inconsistent, is usually around the 2nd furthest yellow/black arrow.

must have tried this 100 times on PC tonight. Managed to get it to fall in naturally a grand total of 1 times. Managed a couple by lucky bounces/nudges.
No way the real table is that brutal and its a ****ty goal to have if it actually is (Which begs the question, Whats the f**king point of calling a goal "wizard" that are complete flukes).

The table also needs a collision overhaul on the upper flippers too. :(

Pod

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
This is most likely the hardest wizard goal from all the tables in season 7! Shooting skill shots on this table is very tricky and there doesn't seem to be a lot of plunger consistency. This wizard goal is awarded for shooting 4 skill shots in one game! Fortunately, any relaunch of the ball (e.g., due to multiball) allows you to earn a skill shot so you can have lots of chances if you can keep the ball in play.

So my general strategy was to restart until I started with a skill shot (duh), and then use the right ramp to light all the racers for the first multiball (only works the first time). This would not only light the racers, but also light extra ball after 8 laps. After collecting the extra ball I'd shoot the Banzai Hill saucer to beat all the racers in the upper playfield, and then again to lock the ball for multiball. Locking a ball of course gives you another chance at a skill shot. When multiball starts I try to catch a ball on the left flipper and then let the other ball drain. This immediately starts a 20 second timer allowing you to hit the Right saucer for a multiball restart. This gives you yet another chance at a skill shot. You can see in the video that I made my last two skill shots in a row by locking a ball and then doing the instant restart. What you can't see in the video is the rest of my strategy because I didn't need it in this run. There is a cool little glitch on the table during multiball. If you shoot both balls in the Right saucer they get stuck (at least until the 25 second timer runs out, not sure about that part). You can immediately call the attendant and the ball will be reset after 15 seconds. I did not verify you can make a skill shot from a ball reset, but it seems like you should be able to. At any rate, if you can keep shooting both balls into the Right saucer then you can theoretically have infinite attempts at the skill shot. Maybe someone can verify a skill shot can be made from a ball reset...

At any rate, after the first multiball, my basic strategy was to restart multiball with controlled shots at the yellow targets, then shots at the green rollovers, then direct shots at the red/blue targets or shots to the Right saucer to spot targets. Rinse and repeat until you get your 4th Cycle Stunt... easier said than done!

Last edited:

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
OK, so how far are you pulling the plunger to make the skillshot? It goes by so fast in the video.

So I usually tried to launch from halfway down the last yellow marker. However, the analogue sticks on the PS4 controller make this much harder. I would recommend using a mouse if you're on PC because then you can just pull back and let go of the mouse button for a consistent release. With the analogue stick, even if you pull back the plunger to the desired release point, letting go of the analogue stick with a clean release is almost impossible. This means that most releases either end up pulling the plunger back further for too much power, or add drag which takes away power. Therefore, I believe earning this goal on console or with a controller is even harder than using a mouse and keyboard.

Oh, and I'm still irritated that there is no way to explore these tables from various angles like in real life, so I still have no idea what the actual mechanics are of the skill shot gap... :(

Last edited:

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
So I usually tried to launch from halfway down the last yellow marker. However, the analogue sticks on the PS4 controller make this much harder. I would recommend using a mouse if you're on PC because then you can just pull back and let go of the mouse button for a consistent release. With the analogue stick, even if you pull back the plunger to the desired release point, letting go of the analogue stick with a clean release is almost impossible. This means that most releases either end up pulling the plunger back further for too much power, or add drag which takes away power. Therefore, I believe earning this goal on console or with a controller is even harder than using a mouse and keyboard.

Oh, and I'm still irritated that there is no way to explore these tables from various angles like in real life, so I still have no idea what the actual mechanics are of the skill shot gap... :(

It's not about the analogue stick. If you set the plunger to a positition then pause game then release stick then continue the game. The strength of the shot will be always different. No consistency. You can use this method in Cyclone skill shot. Set the plunger the same pixel the ball will go to the same hole always, so you can make the 500k skill shot with the 5th ball easily. Banzai run is random.

I played BR on PC with PS4 controller. Skill shot is not that hard as it is on PS4. Not that much inconsistency. So skill shot is easier on PC.
The most consistency is on the real BR machine. I played a real BR in the Pinball Museum in Budapest a month ago. Skill shot was very easy.
The whole game play was easier than TPA except for the vertical part. That was very quick. :)

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
It's not about the analogue stick. If you set the plunger to a positition then pause game then release stick then continue the game. The strength of the shot will be always different. No consistency. You can use this method in Cyclone skill shot. Set the plunger the same pixel the ball will go to the same hole always, so you can make the 500k skill shot with the 5th ball easily. Banzai run is random.

I played BR on PC with PS4 controller. Skill shot is not that hard as it is on PS4. Not that much inconsistency. So skill shot is easier on PC.
The most consistency is on the real BR machine. I played a real BR in the Pinball Museum in Budapest a month ago. Skill shot was very easy.
The whole game play was easier than TPA except for the vertical part. That was very quick. :)
[MENTION=7098]tandigab[/MENTION]

Any tips you can offer on making this shot? I was hoping I would be able to use the pause method, but it's not working. Despite lining up each shot perfectly, the release results in wildly different outcomes. Which way do you nudge the table to get the ball in the hole?

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
[MENTION=7098]tandigab[/MENTION]

Any tips you can offer on making this shot? I was hoping I would be able to use the pause method, but it's not working. Despite lining up each shot perfectly, the release results in wildly different outcomes. Which way do you nudge the table to get the ball in the hole?

There is no specific nudge direction unfortunately, it depends on the current ball behavior. For instance, if the ball is teetering in the opening of the skill shot area, then right table nudge might be enough to shove the ball all the way in. However, if the ball is bouncing on top of the skill shot lane bumpers and you want to try to deflect it into the skill shot area, you'd potentially want to nudge the table to the left to push the ball off the bumper into the skill shot area. I've done it both ways (you can see the second technique in the video I've posted earlier in this forum).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.