Banzai Run

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
Excited to have Banzai Run at long last... except the ball is so fast it's almost like you're playing on the upper playfield, even when you're on the main playfield. Case in point: a solid ramp shot on the actual machine usually angles the ball nicely to the right flipper on exit. Yet in TPA, it rockets out so fast that at least 50% of the time it shoots straight up the right inlane and U-Turns down the outlane. Overall, the sheer blinding speed at which the ball travels makes it next to impossible to get any sort of control over the ball, and it makes the game needlessly difficult to play.

My only guess is that there's supposed to be a physics change between the two playfields, but the transition doesn't work so you end up with upper playfield speeds on both.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It’s a timing thing,both with the upper playfield and especially with the skill shot. Personally I think it’s pretty accurate. I’m happy.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Excited to have Banzai Run at long last... except the ball is so fast it's almost like you're playing on the upper playfield, even when you're on the main playfield. Case in point: a solid ramp shot on the actual machine usually angles the ball nicely to the right flipper on exit. Yet in TPA, it rockets out so fast that at least 50% of the time it shoots straight up the right inlane and U-Turns down the outlane. Overall, the sheer blinding speed at which the ball travels makes it next to impossible to get any sort of control over the ball, and it makes the game needlessly difficult to play.

My only guess is that there's supposed to be a physics change between the two playfields, but the transition doesn't work so you end up with upper playfield speeds on both.

I think it’s a little quick as well.

It is pretty accurate to how the upper playfield plays IRL... the playfield is vertical and the ball is heavy

I agree, it is very accurate IMO. The upper playfield on the real thing makes the ball feel heavy and play kind of clunky. Feels just like the BR I’ve played in real life.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I actually like the ball speed and gravity on both lower playfield and upper. Lower playfield is fast — more like F14. I prefer it. The upper playfield is vertical. Of course it’s going to be a gravity beast!

First table I’ve bought on iOS since Swords of Fury. This one looks and plays great. Good job, Farsight!

Striker

May 26, 2017
I don't know if this is a bug or how the pin plays IRL (I've never played it before), but on the lower level if I shoot a ball up the right ramp for one lap, the ball will sometimes come back down so fast it goes to my right flipper, up the right side return lane, and then down the right side out lane.

Upper half plays fast, but as [MENTION=5468]Ben Logan[/MENTION] mentioned, that's on purpose. I did have the ball fall through the lower left flipper once.

Overall, I've had a blast my first five-or-so games.

Last edited:

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I don't remember whether the lower playfield in the TPA version is faster than the real machine, which I played a fair bit back in the Jurassic, but the backglass play is EXACTLY as I remember it: nearly impossible to get any decent lift on the ball and good luck getting the Red Hot shot. Gravity is a harsh mistress.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Can anyone explain mechanically what is going on with the skill shot? It's been a long time since I played this IRL but is there like a metal cover blocking the saucer that flips up somehow? The lit arrows for the skill shot are not pointing to where the ball needs to go. I only managed to get this with luck. I'm not sure how I'll get the wizard goal. Thoughts?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Only talking about myself, I find there is a sweet spot where if you hit it properly the ball should just hug the upper curve and drop right into the hill hole. It's a tough shot for sure,but with repeated play you can get a feel for it on the real table.

Compound that with the fact that you need to pull the plunger past the sight lines on the TPA version makes this a tough wizard goal.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
it should not go up and down like that off that return. oddly enough that never happened when i tested it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Best I've managed is twice in one game. Tried plunging with the right stick (my usual method), space bar (seems it might be better... but isn't really). Not tried the mouse. I doubt that works better than the right stick.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Speaking for the IOS people, but a well timed nudge left after plunging will get it to phase right in there. But it’s tough to reproduce.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.