Banzai Run

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
I usually nudge up , up/right or down/right. It depends how the ball is moving.
There is not an ultimate method to get the ball to the hole. :( Try to collect as many EBs as you can so you have more attemps. When two balls in play drain one to get 'instant rematch'. You need a lot of luck as well. In a good game you can try 8-10 times.
Restart until you get a skill shot with the first ball, then you need 'only' 3 more.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I found that the trick to the 4 skill shot wizard goal is getting good at extra balls and starting/restarting multiballs. If you get good enough to have a 30 minute or more game, the ball would have probably went in the trough enough times to earn the goal.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks. I've been at it for almost 2 weeks now, and it just seems hopeless at this point. I've gotten to 3 skillshots twice. Once very early, before I even knew how to get an extra ball. Second time a week later when I already knew what I was doing and just couldn't land that 4th one in the following 5 tries.

The worst part is, that I can play for 1 hour, and maybe end up with 2nd skillshot once or twice during that time. I haven't gotten 3 skillshots in a week. I also noticed nudging seems fishy when you have one ball locked. I've often had the table TILT on a single nudge at that point, which makes my success rate even smaller, despite implementing all the other tricks (like skippycue's attendant method). I even accidentally discovered another way of getting a free launch ball by shooting the captive ball hard enough where the ball in play gets phased into it, at which point you can call an attendant. Sadly it's even less reproducible than the skillshot.

My new approach is to keep playing and draining until I get 2 skillshots in a row. It lets me spend more time plunging than playing only to miss. I just don't see myself getting this done if I can get the skillshot one out of 10 times at best.

I'd rather earn wizard goals on all the other tables again, than go after this one. The complete randomness is what kills me. Coupled with the fact that they definitely screwed up how wide the skillshot entrance is, it is absolutely the hardest Wizard Goal out of all of them.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks. I've been at it for almost 2 weeks now, and it just seems hopeless at this point. I've gotten to 3 skillshots twice. Once very early, before I even knew how to get an extra ball. Second time a week later when I already knew what I was doing and just couldn't land that 4th one in the following 5 tries.

The worst part is, that I can play for 1 hour, and maybe end up with 2nd skillshot once or twice during that time. I haven't gotten 3 skillshots in a week. I also noticed nudging seems fishy when you have one ball locked. I've often had the table TILT on a single nudge at that point, which makes my success rate even smaller, despite implementing all the other tricks (like skippycue's attendant method). I even accidentally discovered another way of getting a free launch ball by shooting the captive ball hard enough where the ball in play gets phased into it, at which point you can call an attendant. Sadly it's even less reproducible than the skillshot.

My new approach is to keep playing and draining until I get 2 skillshots in a row. It lets me spend more time plunging than playing only to miss. I just don't see myself getting this done if I can get the skillshot one out of 10 times at best.

I'd rather earn wizard goals on all the other tables again, than go after this one. The complete randomness is what kills me. Coupled with the fact that they definitely screwed up how wide the skillshot entrance is, it is absolutely the hardest Wizard Goal out of all of them.
One thing I didn't mention is I focused a lot on plunger release consistency by rolling the analog stick around the outside and letting go cleanly in the same spot every time. I found this to be much more consistent than pulling it straight back due to all the left/right variance. Maybe focusing on something like that could help you. Good luck, I bet you'll get it any day now. :)

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
YES! I'm finally done with this dumb wizard goal, on a table with the broken skill shot. NEVER AGAIN Farsight Devs! NEVER AGAIN!

Skill shots occur at the following timestamps. Coincidentally enough, none of them required a nudge, all just slid right into the hole:
0:12
5:30
11:25
14:30

It took me 35 days of sweat and constant disappointment to get this stupid goal done. The skillshot is completely luck dependent. There was a time I would get 3 skillshots on my 1st ball, and then couldn't land the last one on next 6 balls. I've had days where I got 3 skillshots on ten separate occasions, and still couldn’t close the deal. That was 3 weeks ago. Based on that I knew it would happen eventually, I just didn't realize it would take another month to get it done.

I've had dozens of approaches. I would play games where I would restart if I didn't get two skill shots in a row. I would play games where I would try to use pause trick, and pull the plunger before the ball got a chance to settle on top of it so the shot would be more consistent (it never was). In the end I settled on just flicking the right stick to accomplish an underpowered shot. Never bothered with careful adjustment because the stupid table physics would still completely randomize it despite the pull being pixel perfect.

In the end I got proficient enough where I could score the extra ball via loops on a regular basis, which gave me that one extra shot I needed in the final game. It took 3 hill runs and 2 extra balls, so about 9 shots.

This table can go f itself. Especially after BS you can witness at 11:00 mark. The table tilts after a single nudge. And I've seen it on numerous occasions where one ball is locked. Good job Farsight! Nudging is crucial here, and you don't even let us do that when it matters!

This is the hardest goal in Pinball Arcade. End of story. I've got 3 tables left (Spanish Eyes, Wipe Out and Pistol Poker), but I just can't believe they can be harder than this disaster of a table.

:mad:

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Congrats! I knew you'd get it eventually. I don't think it's fair to say it's all luck though. I definitely got better and better at hitting that skill shot pretty often when I finally achieved it. Also, you can see in my video in the first skill shot that nudging can definitely help make the shot. Either way, nice job. The three tables you have left can be pretty challenging as well, but you're in the home stretch. I've got videos and tips for all of them on my youtube channel if you nee some help. Good luck. :)

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
Nicely done! I've been specifically avoiding this one but as I whittle my list down it's looming in the distance....

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Congrats! I knew you'd get it eventually. I don't think it's fair to say it's all luck though. I definitely got better and better at hitting that skill shot pretty often when I finally achieved it. Also, you can see in my video in the first skill shot that nudging can definitely help make the shot. Either way, nice job. The three tables you have left can be pretty challenging as well, but you're in the home stretch. I've got videos and tips for all of them on my youtube channel if you nee some help. Good luck. :)

Yes, I've been using your tips for most of the tables. I've completed Spanish Eyes, and Wipeout this past week, and am down to the final couple Wizard Goals on Pistol Poker. I can't wait to be done with them.

Nicely done! I've been specifically avoiding this one but as I whittle my list down it's looming in the distance....

Good luck, you'll need it. Especially on the Banzai Table :).

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
No. I'm done, period. Not buying any more pinball, and keeping my fingers crossed they won't be adding any more trophies to this one. Wasted two years on completing this (assuming I'll get the Pistol Poker done).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.