SPA VR for Oculus Rift

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, same on FX2 VR. That certain amount is about 3-6 month I guess. If it is good (not too many bugs and great physics) and my Pinsim works on the Rift version, I am going to get this twice. I bet you aren't allowd to talk about the versions for steam and psvr, are you?

I don't have anything to tell you, don't know anything about it really.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
MAtt : cross Vr i think is the developer of “revive”, which allows any games that are available on the rift store to be run on the vive.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Nothing here? Did anybody watch deadflips stream on twitch? Just saw some very short clips, the tables and the environment look great. What was the conclusion? Is it good?

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I watched the Dead_flip stream for a little bit. VR is tough to judge on a stream but it looked pretty good. The table text and playfield images on the close ups were really clear, but that could be because we saw the PC output on the stream. I'm not sure the resolution in the Rift will be as clear. The wizard goals kept flashing up on screen and while it's not a game breaking bug, I wouldn't be surprised to see more. It's free to try, so it's not like i wont be downloading and playing day one anyway. Based on what I've already seen from FX2 VR and the BAM VR future pinball mods, this looks pretty similar and once you play pinball in VR the experience is pretty tough to beat.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I haven't seen an announcement either way but we'll find out in less than a week. My guess is no, as there would be no revenue for them when the base software is already free.

I'm interested in seeing how the DLC will be handled too, whether we'll be tied to the FS servers like Steam was at launch for activation or if it will all be in the Oculus store.
Not sure it really matters unless you're concerned with what happens to your DLC purchases in a hypothetical future time when it will be Vive and rift compatible on steam VR and the DLC management there makes me head hurt.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
It is going to be released tomorrow, Stern says. It is quite quiet here. Is there no demand or do people expect buggy stuff? If the graphics are ok, the physics are nice (ball rotation?) and my Pinsim controller (detected as a xbox 360 controller on windows) work, I should be pretty fine with it and buy everything. If any of this doesnt happen, I have to skip it and be patient for Zens next VR release.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I'll be picking it up. If it allows single table purchases I'll probably just get star trek for now and see how it goes. Will report back how I get on.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I played the beta yesterday at a friends house who has a Rift. I’ll be curious to hear what you VR users think, as I like the concept of VR but have issues with the actual hardware that taint my impressions of games. I can say the 90 fps is nice, so is the environment. Seeing tables in actual dimensions makes even Frankenstein less ugly. I’ll be interviewing Mike Lindsey of FarSight on Friday for BlahCade Pinball Podcast, so if you guys have questions, I can ask for you

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I played the beta yesterday at a friends house who has a Rift. I’ll be curious to hear what you VR users think, as I like the concept of VR but have issues with the actual hardware that taint my impressions of games. I can say the 90 fps is nice, so is the environment. Seeing tables in actual dimensions makes even Frankenstein less ugly. I’ll be interviewing Mike Lindsey of FarSight on Friday for BlahCade Pinball Podcast, so if you guys have questions, I can ask for you

Can we submit non vr questions as well? I really enjoy your podcast and I often think of questions that I would love to have answers to.

Cheers

Pod

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Can we submit non vr questions as well? I really enjoy your podcast and I often think of questions that I would love to have answers to.

Cheers

Pod

Sure, I’d be shocked if our conversation didn’t cover non VR stuff too. I mean there’s no way I’m not gonna talk about what happened over the summer!

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Something happened over the summer?!?!? ;)

Ill type them up tonight and will priv them over. (I'm at work atm)

Pod

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I think the lack of comments here just shows the lack of installed base on Rift currently. I love my Rift but haven't turned it on in a few months. That being said, Pinball FX2 VR is an amazing VR experience and even the Future Pinball BAM VR mode worked pretty well but both can be improved on. Having Oculus touch support is a step up. If Star Trek can be played without crashing and the interface is not the horrible made-for-mobile version that will help. What's surprising me is to not see any PR pushes from Oculus either since this is their exclusive.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I think the lack of comments here just shows the lack of installed base on Rift currently. I love my Rift but haven't turned it on in a few months. That being said, Pinball FX2 VR is an amazing VR experience and even the Future Pinball BAM VR mode worked pretty well but both can be improved on. Having Oculus touch support is a step up. If Star Trek can be played without crashing and the interface is not the horrible made-for-mobile version that will help. What's surprising me is to not see any PR pushes from Oculus either since this is their exclusive.

Yeah, no PR from Oculus, Stern amd Farsight at all. If it IS good, it seems to be our job to push it.

FX2 VR is the only game I am playing on my Rift. I stopped to play FP, have to try the new physics though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.