SPA VR for Oculus Rift

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Does L1/R1 AND L2/R2 work for you? I think that I am on 0.85 as well, not sure. And it doesnt work here.
No, only grips works, i prefer use x-arcade tankstick to play digital pinball,but as it not working 4 me i've drilled side holes and mounted buttons in 8bitdo arcade, and its small a bit but works on xinput mode in SPA VR.
BTW. I don't know it's because i've change oculus 2 beta 2.0 but now i can buy every table excluding LE ver. (i think so i'm stillon v0.85 - wasn't any update)

Wysłane z mojego SM-T813 przy użyciu Tapatalka

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I don't know it's because i've change oculus 2 beta 2.0

Odd! I'm also enrolled in the beta releases for Oculus, but the newest update I got was 3 days ago, and it's version 1.31.0. I checked, I'm still opted into the beta, what have I done? What do I need to do to get the latest update?

-LeRoy3rd

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Another "update". My terrible review on the Rift store got a response:

Developer Response - Today
Hey LeRoy3rd, We appreciate your feedback. We will definitely be looking into these issues and hope to have them resolved in the coming days. Please feel free to email us at support@farsightstudios.com if you need assistance with anything. Thanks again!

That inspires confidence. After I received this I went into my account to update my review, letting people know I'm stuck in version-hell, and can only review what I'm able to play. When I finished, I wanted to see if *maybe* they'd pushed an update so I could change my terrible review (I *WANT* to leave a good review!), but then I noticed something odd. SPA wasn't in my list of software... And when I searched for it in the store, nothing came up. Checked my hdd, it was still there, but wouldn't run. I deleted and reinstalled (AGAIN), and it's currently pulling down version 0.82, AGAIN. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

-LeRoy3rd

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Version 0.85 just dropped for me... downloading now...

-LeRoy3rd

EDIT: Update
The things I've noticed have changed:
-I can now use Touch Controllers! (GREAT!)

Aaaaand, that's about it. I tried purchasing a table, and was again greeting with the note that I don't have permission... May be because no one at Farsight tested an account with a PIN? Going to disable that and see later... Then I thought, maybe it isn't ALL tables that are affected... It seems to be the premium tables that have the issue, and since it seems to allow the non-premium tables to be purchased, that kind of blows my theory about the PIN out of the water... will still disable and try again later, but it seems unnecessary.

Last edited:

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
-I can now use Touch Controllers! (GREAT!)

But only R1/L1 (grip buttons), right?

It seems to be the premium tables that have the issue

I think, U mean not premium (I've already bought every premium tables, it's LE versions are unavaiable to buy (permission error) - Looks like They fix something on their servers and U can buy everything besides LE tables (because there wasn't any app update)

btw. if someone from FS reading this, there is some additional errors:
- Harley Davidson didn't work (U can start the table but when ball leave the plunger and will go to right loop (first sec.) app hang up (crash).
- in AC/DC Premium table when U are at song select. they are unreadable on dmd.
Please consider this: if someone buy regular (premium) ver. of the modern stern there could be some more resonable price for LE ver. of this table - another 10 bucks for practically the same table looks overpriced... or make something like " if someone bought every regular machine or finish

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Just uninstalled SPA VR deleted all personal files and downloaded the game again. Now SPA is loading forever, when I try to start the table.

At the moment I feel nothing but compassion for Farsight. They have great ideas and partial their work is fantastic, but overall it would have been a big surprise if they released a bug free and 100% working piece of software... There is something going wrong, sad. This way I am not willing and even able to spend money and reward them for their work. And it seems that I am not the only one. Farsight, you chase away loyal customers that way and you are losing money.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Just uninstalled SPA VR deleted all personal files and downloaded the game again.
Why U did that? If U was trying to force L2/R2 to work it's not possible in the app itself yet, we must wait probably till monday for update.
Now SPA is loading forever, when I try to start the table.
Maybe try this:
oculus app/ settings/ beta / tick beta Rift Core 2.0 - app will restart - and then try to play SPA VR.
Hope this help U start app (mine stoped working, but in beta for now its ok - just ACDC make SPA crash)
At the moment I feel nothing but compassion for Farsight.
Me too, but only because They probably hard working this weekend trying fix this app (I'm going to work tomorrow too so i feel them)
There is something going wrong, sad. This way I am not willing and even able to spend money and reward them for their work.
Yep, mine app it's alive, change itself on the go, sometimes crash, sometimes mute, but i"ve bought every table besides LE's and when one not work i start another one and it's like have few real pinball machines in incredible small flat... Cheers, mate.

7568543ff390a7296a091a0e218bff45.jpg

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I think, U mean not premium (I've already bought every premium tables, it's LE versions are unavaiable to buy (permission error) - Looks like They fix something on their servers and U can buy everything besides LE tables (because there wasn't any app update)

Yep, you're correct, my mistake!

-LeRoy3rd

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Version 0.88 is online, L1/R1 do not work yet...
I"ve saw update, but didn't notice any difference... acdc not working 4 me in any ver. but GB rox anyway ;)

btw. FS in meantime i"ve notice PKE rollovers are visible through "top of ecto goggles"(with Dan Aykroyd caricature) , nothing disturbing but one day U can fix this too.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Minor issues aside I'm really impressed with the VR version. It has noticeably improved my technique and score on certain tables and is incredibly engrossing, especially when the position of the virtual cabinet and my physical desk are closely matched. Just wish this mode was integrated into Pinball Arcade as I now desperately want to play all of the legacy tables in VR format.

The token system works quite well and arguably encourages a more cautious approach, however the pace of earning tokens and gold bars has already slowed dramatically so it now seems unlikely I will unlock any tables for free. Thus far I've purchased Ripley's but I'm certainly interested in several others, I'm only holding off as I'm keen to obtain the LE versions. Perhaps they are intended as an optional upgrade for owners of the standard/premium editions, has anyone been able to try that?

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Perhaps they are intended as an optional upgrade for owners of the standard/premium editions, has anyone been able to try that?

I didn't try this on rift, because there is no chance to buy LE yet (at least for $, i'm not sure about gold bars). But i've bought LE in OGear version and they cost regular price of premium.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
So far I really like it!
Some tables feel really floaty though (especially starship troopers).
I think the immediate login requirement after start probably hurts the player base and they could better show off the table lighting / engine capabilities (which can look really nice) by lowering the room lighting to 25-30 percent by default because I don't think everyone is even aware of the possibility.
Not sure about the token system yet... so far my amount of tokens is still constantly (although slowly) increasing and I didn't have to spend real money yet which is cool for me but probably not so much for Farsight.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Finally got around to this last night (on a Rift + Touch setup), I'm much more impressed than I thought I'd be. Detail when leaning close to the table is impressive, but gets a little too fuzzy towards the back of some tables. This wasn't a big problem for most tables though. The UI and environment were both really nice, the UI in particular is the sharpest one I've seen from Farsight yet. The laser show on Star Trek finally looks good. I'm not thrilled about buying these tables again, but I had enough fun with the VR versions that I think I'll slowly pick a few up one at a time every couple weeks or so. The Token system is fine for what it is, I prefer purchasing tables for unlimited play, but it was a good way to demo the tables.

One thing that always turns me off from the idea of building a pincab is that the illusion is broken for me with the flat playfield, and I realize I'd be spending a lot of money to stand over a monitor rather than sit in front of it. VR isn't quite there yet, but even at this level it feels so much more like standing next to a real pinball table with depth to it.

Some questions:

Is there a way to have the close version of the DMD (like when you input high scores) turned on and off during play? Having it hover close to the eye over the table at times would be helpful.

Is there any difference between the Premium and LE versions of Star Trek? I could only buy the Premium, but I couldn't spot any differences besides the backglass image. Looking at Stern promos, the major difference highlighted was the addition of a shaker motor, which I don't see being relevant here. I also couldn't see anything different offhand with the two Ghostbusters tables either.

And ditto the request to remap buttons.

Last edited:

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I finally wrote Farsight to ask about the LE tables. Here's the response:

"Hey LeRoy! The LE tables were not meant to be purchasable with real money. It was a bug that the purchase option was displayed. They can be played with token or purchased with gold bars only."

Sigh. I'm out. They get none of my money.

-LeRoy3rd

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I finally wrote Farsight to ask about the LE tables. Here's the response:

"Hey LeRoy! The LE tables were not meant to be purchasable with real money. It was a bug that the purchase option was displayed. They can be played with token or purchased with gold bars only."

Sigh. I'm out. They get none of my money.

-LeRoy3rd

That's astonishing, what on earth are they thinking? :eek:

Gold bars = 2000 tokens
50x Gold bars = 100000 tokens
12000 tokens = $9.99
Final price = $83.25 (per LE table)
5x LE tables = $416.25

That's absurd pricing for virtual cabinet cosmetics and the transaction involves three different currencies.

I've earned four gold bars through the levelling system, each requires increasing amounts of experience points to unlock so it's impossible to calculate how much time you would have to spend playing to unlock an LE table - Let's just say 200hrs as a wild guess.

May as well concede that I will never own an LE table. Has anyone at Farsight thought this through, surely there's a better way to do this that suits both parties?

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the reward countdown timer? It briefly appears after logging in but I only have a second to press it before it disappears.

I also have to quit the game every hour to collect the next token reward. This bug may have been introduced with vers: 0.88 as it wasn't an issue with earlier builds.

Quite eager to play Challenge Mode but really struggling with Phantom of the Opera, I'm terrible at this table and really don't enjoy it so I can't make any progress. Seems like a very tough choice for the first challenge.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.