SPA VR for Oculus Rift

barbul

Jan 8, 2014

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
According to the latest newsletter this is ready to be released for Oculus Rift. Will definately purchase it.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Will buy at launch... hope after such a announcement this time They release SPA Vr sooner than later (Keep my thumbs 4 next week, not a next year which i hope Zen release some Williams VR - love "regular" beta).

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I got to preview this when I visited FarSight in June. Saw AC/DC and Star Trek. I was truly impressed, kept trying to put the controller down on the 'glass', only to drop it to the floor! My only gripe, and hopefully they addressed this, was that for text like the song titles on the jukebox in AC/DC, they were illegible as they hadn't used a hi-rez graphic for that area. I kept leaning closer to read, but it just stayed blurry. Otherwise it all looked great.

This also might be the new version of SPA, where it's free to play using a token like system, and you can earn enough to buy the table outright.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I got to preview this when I visited FarSight in June. Saw AC/DC and Star Trek. I was truly impressed, kept trying to put the controller down on the 'glass', only to drop it to the floor! My only gripe, and hopefully they addressed this, was that for text like the song titles on the jukebox in AC/DC, they were illegible as they hadn't used a hi-rez graphic for that area. I kept leaning closer to read, but it just stayed blurry. Otherwise it all looked great.

This also might be the new version of SPA, where it's free to play using a token like system, and you can earn enough to buy the table outright.

Could you please explain this? How does Farsight earn money this way?

Regarding the text resolution. I guess that this is a Rift issue. Every text in a distance looks a little blurry. Plus we have small texts here. It doesnt matter as long as the DMD text is clear.

Hopefully SPA VR supports Xbox 360 controllers. I need to play this with my Pinsim controller. Everything else doesnt work for me anymore.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I haven't a clue how FarSight makes their money!

I work in the camera department for film and TV shows, so focus is a huge issue I'm always looking for. My very limited experiences with VR have always left me wanting because it's not crystal clear resolution yet. But the guys at FarSight confirmed when i was there that those graphics near the rear, even without the Rift, were unreadable.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I haven't checked it out myself yet, I'll see if someone can set it up for me this week. I've owned my own Vive since they came out though.

Jamesac68

Aug 14, 2013
My Rift hungers! It's about time Zaccaria got a little competition for VR pinball. Pinball is one of those games that feels so incredibly natural in VR that I rarely play it any other way when given the choice. It's almost impossible to explain how much better it feels to simply track the ball like you do in real life instead of trying to adjust for the most acceptable camera angle.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
It's already got competition, Zaccaria Pinball has a VR DLC. It's not priced ideally (IMHO) however when looking at the number of tables available and the discounted price of their bundle, it's still an affordable deal and well worth it. I do believe Rift users have some issues with the motion controls, it's supposed to be fixed soon I think however I also believe it's extremely playable (and some say better) with a standard controller. I do hope Zaccaria end up getting a rift themselves and compile with Oculus SDK as many people report issues with playing Steam VR games (performance wise, but I'm not one of them)

Still, after what seems like forever, I can't wait for Stern Pinball Arcade to finally come out for the rift!

Matt: I'm assuming "all hail CrossVR/Revive"?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Good it got released for SPA. I'm not getting that though, waiting for the TPA variant...
But I will follow this thread to get the impressions and quality folk think it has - I've always wanted Rift support so I could lean around/about the tables to see better the shots and such.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
My Rift hungers! It's about time Zaccaria got a little competition for VR pinball. Pinball is one of those games that feels so incredibly natural in VR that I rarely play it any other way when given the choice. It's almost impossible to explain how much better it feels to simply track the ball like you do in real life instead of trying to adjust for the most acceptable camera angle.

Cant wait for SPA VR as well, but did you ever try FX2 VR? I had a lot reservations and never wanted to get it. Then I did and I love it. Just turn off the balls tail and the displayed points on the playfield and voila, you got a fantastic pinball simulator.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
It's already got competition, Zaccaria Pinball has a VR DLC. It's not priced ideally (IMHO) however when looking at the number of tables available and the discounted price of their bundle, it's still an affordable deal and well worth it. I do believe Rift users have some issues with the motion controls, it's supposed to be fixed soon I think however I also believe it's extremely playable (and some say better) with a standard controller. I do hope Zaccaria end up getting a rift themselves and compile with Oculus SDK as many people report issues with playing Steam VR games (performance wise, but I'm not one of them)

Still, after what seems like forever, I can't wait for Stern Pinball Arcade to finally come out for the rift!

Matt: I'm assuming "all hail CrossVR/Revive"?

Nah, Oculus sends out contracts for exclusivity rights for a certain amount of time. I hate it, but it wasn't my decision.

As for CrossVR I'm not sure. I haven't tried it on a Vive or a Rift yet.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Nah, Oculus sends out contracts for exclusivity rights for a certain amount of time. I hate it, but it wasn't my decision.

As for CrossVR I'm not sure. I haven't tried it on a Vive or a Rift yet.

Yeah, same on FX2 VR. That certain amount is about 3-6 month I guess. If it is good (not too many bugs and great physics) and my Pinsim works on the Rift version, I am going to get this twice. I bet you aren't allowd to talk about the versions for steam and psvr, are you?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.