SPA VR for Oculus Rift

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oculus financed this, so no matter what there’s going to be a lengthy period of exclusivity. I highly doubt it’ll ever come to PlayStation VR, but I don’t know about Steam. Have other games that started out only on the Oculus store come over in the past?

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^Unfortunatly no, oh well, just means i will stick with the free play token thing at the moment and if the tables go on sale then i will grab them, swings and roundabouts i suppose.......and i already have them on PBA and xbox one, and i have PBFX 2 VR on both steam and PSVR so plenty to enjoy at present.

Thanks for the info, take care. ;)

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
After playing SPA VR I’m convinced that this is the absolute best medium to experience video pinball. I can’t go back to pancake mode. The token/gold system is pretty insulting, however. Now I’m hoping Zen eventually releases the Williams tables in VR. That would be a dream come true.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have to think it's just a matter of time before Zen puts out their Williams tables in VR. They already have the platform and have it running on Oculus Go too.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^That would be fantastic, i would certainly have no problem buying them all again in VR on steam at a drop of a hat. ;)

After playing SPA VR I’m convinced that this is the absolute best medium to experience video pinball. I can’t go back to pancake mode. The token/gold system is pretty insulting, however. Now I’m hoping Zen eventually releases the Williams tables in VR. That would be a dream come true.

I also have a Dell VR WMR headset which has a higher res and less screen door effect than the rift, so i will give this a go and see if i can play SPVR with a headset that is not the rift, hopefully it is not another hardware locked drm title, the steam vr revive programme sometimes works but it is a bit hit and miss.

(Update..gave this a go and it worked, BUT, the performence was a bit off as Oculus and steam VR just don't seem to get on very well yet with each other, but the tables did look a somewhat better with that extra bump in screen res, so its a start, so anyone with a WMR headset can play these via revive.)

(Just a update on the WMR and this VR pinball game, just found that steam VR for some strange reason has been setting all my games to 100% render, so basically it has been rendering every steam game i fire up to twice the 1440x1400 that is the Dell VR visors native per eye res, so that would be 2880x2880 per eye, no wonder my wee GTX1080 was not happy..... so i dropped this down to just the native 1440x1440 res of the visor and bang, Stern VR pinball not only runs perfect but the tables look fantastic, really i am now stuck in a quandary, do i pay the £10 each for the Trek and Ghostbuster tables, then £5 each for the other tables....i think i cost myself cash sorting that issue out. lol)

Last edited:

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Just a heads up, ACDC tables are now unavaliable on the Stern VR oculus app, you can't play them with token or buy them.......i think i will havwe to bite the bullet and grab what is left on it in case all the tables and app are pulled at some point in case FS and pinball part ways at some point.

Ok just grabbed a few, here is what UK PBA will pay.....
Star Trek £7.99
GB £7.99
All other tables £3.99
Mustang LE, GBusters LE and STrek LE can only be bought with gold bars
Mustang table is always free so can't be bought.
ACDC tables although still showing and still part of the events can no longer be accessed unless bought earlier.

So just in case anyone not living in the dollar currency wonders what the sterling prices will be, i personally grabbed ST, Ripely, High roller....will grab the rest next month.

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Just a heads up, ACDC tables are now unavaliable on the Stern VR oculus app, you can't play them with token or buy them.......i think i will havwe to bite the bullet and grab what is left on it in case all the tables and app are pulled at some point in case FS and pinball part ways at some point.

Ok just grabbed a few, here is what UK PBA will pay.....
Star Trek £7.99
GB £7.99
All other tables £3.99
Mustang LE, GBusters LE and STrek LE can only be bought with gold bars
Mustang table is always free so can't be bought.
ACDC tables although still showing and still part of the events can no longer be accessed unless bought earlier.

So just in case anyone not living in the dollar currency wonders what the sterling prices will be, i personally grabbed ST, Ripely, High roller....will grab the rest next month.

I currently own AC/DC, ST, RBION and GB. My fear for the long-term is the app getting pulled from the store entirely, I've also seen many apps break over the years when they don't get updated to the latest Rift SDK. One thing I can confirm is that in-app table purchases work without logging into Farsight's servers, it falls back to a separate Oculus account with different progression and earnings.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^That is good to hear about it working and not needing to be logged into Farsight servers, and i just missed the ACDC tables, but i only have 4 left and i will have them all, apart from from the LE ST and GB, and i have all the 2d tables on the xbox and Steam.....i don't know how FS are not making money, they get enough from me alone buying the sames tables across various formats. lol

I am hoping at some point that the VR work that has been done on VP and the likes might produce some VR software that would allow us to play our normal 2d pinball collection in 3d.......that would be perfect and well worth any cash required.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.