Patch 1.23 NA and 1.24 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
This patch was originally going to be for the Banzai Run release, but seeing as there is a pretty big network problem given we shut down a server last week, I want to try and get this patch out tonight! Just to clarify a couple things, a month or so ago I made changes to our code, so that whenever our server changes, the code shouldn't really have to be updated. This is different from before where everytime this did indeed happen, I would have to change some code otherwise our network stuff would break. Last week, I submitted a patch for SPA, so when we got rid of our old server, SPA's network features would still work.

Well, it looks like I somehow managed to forget this file from the TPA release last month. Given how far in advance I made the package for the release last month, the server code change didn't make it into TPA. This is really a simple fix, I just have to submit tonight. So in the meantime, I'm having my tester test everything really quick before I submit, so we don't put out a bad build. Here's a list of everything that should be coming out in this patch.

Patch 1.23

Features Added:
-Updated several tables' operator menu help text
-Invert nudge added to settings menus
-Friends leaderboard shows your onlineID instead of "Me"
-Ghostbusters table lighting can now be darker

Bugs Fixed:
-Pistol Poker now ends after match game
-Indianapolis 500 doesn't post two highscores when you get pit stop champion
-Spanish Eyes ABCDE lanes don't reset on drain anymore
-Whirlwind now has 5 local highscores
-Fathom dipswitch for ball settings works correctly now
-World Champion Soccer tilting after extra ball bug fix
-Scared Stiff missing music fix
-Twilight Zone missing Greed music fix
-Screaching sound when unpausing Medieval Madness and Theatre of Magic removed
-Wipeout increasing dog bonus works
-Scared Stiff extra ball goal can be unlocked through replay score extra ball award
-Fixed Class of 1812 crash during multiball when multiball camera is on and event camera is off
-Challenge highscore menu now scrolls through list of tables properly
-Ghostbusters sound is no longer distorted
-Tournaments are finally fixed

As for tournaments, last time the way I tested it made it seem like they'd work when I put them into a live environment. Unfortunately, the debug tournament I was testing wasn't a good indicator of if it'd work or not. This time to prevent that, I tested a private tournament that uses the new PS4 database, and it worked good. So I'm confident PS4 will be involved in the next tournament now.

Expect to see another one of these posts in the next week or two as I will be putting out Banzai Run now that I've sorted through some of the PS4 problems.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Update on the patch. I submitted the patch to Sony, and it should be a pretty fast process given there's no DLC. But there is a step in the process where Sony needs to check out something in regards to my patch, and I don't know if they'll be handling something like that during these hours. So I'm going to go home tonight, and hopefully, sometime in the afternoon tomorrow I will be able to deploy the patch.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Thanks for the update Tom, that's good news. I was hoping for a Sorcerer fix too, but there's always the next update (right??).

Edit: You said this in another thread:

I will post a changelist of everything I've had a hand in. But those Sorcerer wizard goals should be fixed.

So, is it fixed, and just accidentally omitted from the changelog?

Also, before I update... I just have a few tokens left to collect for the Safe Cracker wizard goal, so I would appreciate if it could be confirmed that this update do not wipe out the tokens like the second to last update did...

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks for the update Tom, that's good news. I was hoping for a Sorcerer fix too, but there's always the next update (right??).

Edit: You said this in another thread:

So, is it fixed, and just accidentally omitted from the changelog?

Also, before I update... I just have a few tokens left to collect for the Safe Cracker wizard goal, so I would appreciate if it could be confirmed that this update do not wipe out the tokens like the second to last update did...

I'm pretty sure the tokens being wiped was tied into the highscores being wiped. And I'm confident that will never happen again, as I do know why that happened. I just tested the safecracker coins, and they are good.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
So the patches are being deployed right now, so they should be up in 15 minutes or so. Sorry about the network issues that happened as a result of the server swap.

There is an important note. I was intending on releasing Banzai Run with this patch, but I had to do away with it because the DLC wasn't approved by Sony yet. But I accidentally left in the new season 7 trophy I added. As Banzai Run isn't in the game yet, no one will be able to achieve this trophy until I release Banzai Run.

P.S. I hate Safecracker. The board game is a nightmare (I played 4 within an hour and didn't get any coins). I have newfound respect for Gorgar for getting all of the coins.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
The patches are officially deployed, so you should be able to download them. Tell me how they are.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I might have discovered a new bug. I got a new high score on Sorcerer. It asked me to type in my initials, so I did. However, my new score did not post to the local top five scores (but it did post to the online leaderboards)

I'll report again if I notice this happening on another table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I might have discovered a new bug. I got a new high score on Sorcerer. It asked me to type in my initials, so I did. However, my new score did not post to the local top five scores (but it did post to the online leaderboards)

This issue has been present since Sorcerer was released. I just haven't made it to that table yet on my PS4 Master Bugs List.

Mar 9, 2012

I forgot to report this before as it happened to me as well.. but it happens randomly and not all the time

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Another potential bug (that was already mentioned on the Wipeout subfolder by a guy on another platform) but I got over a 300M dog bonus on Wipeout and the goal did not register.

It could be because I drained immediately after collecting the bonus and whatever triggers the goal did not play. Or it could be that you have to have exactly 300M, which would be very annoying.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Another potential bug (that was already mentioned on the Wipeout subfolder by a guy on another platform) but I got over a 300M dog bonus on Wipeout and the goal did not register.

It could be because I drained immediately after collecting the bonus and whatever triggers the goal did not play. Or it could be that you have to have exactly 300M, which would be very annoying.

Yeah, it's on PC too.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I'm pretty sure the tokens being wiped was tied into the highscores being wiped. And I'm confident that will never happen again, as I do know why that happened. I just tested the safecracker coins, and they are good.

Yes, I updated and the tokens are still there! Thanks for your contributions!

I had that happen on Black Knight after getting the high score wizard goal - didn't register in the local top 5 (even though it would have been the highest) nor on the online leaderboards. But that was on v. 1.23 EU during the last time there were server problems, a few weeks back, so that might have had something to do with it. The local score should still save though...

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Greed Tune fix confirmed on Twight Zone and yes, it's the actual Greed music and NOT the Power Battle music like it currently is on PC.

Now, if you can please fix the Multiball Lit music on Whirlwind and update the plunger/playfield cameras while you're at it.

Also, Ghostbusters is still too bright with Room Brightness set to 0%.

Last edited:

GIGAMAD

Jun 25, 2014
Update on the patch. I submitted the patch to Sony, and it should be a pretty fast process given there's no DLC. But there is a step in the process where Sony needs to check out something in regards to my patch, and I don't know if they'll be handling something like that during these hours. So I'm going to go home tonight, and hopefully, sometime in the afternoon tomorrow I will be able to deploy the patch.
Thanks for the update Tom and for your dedication! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I'm still on a Safecracker "suspend mode" run (25/26 for the last 20 tokens or so, never got the 26th one yet); hopefully it won't force me to update next time I play since it's coming from suspend mode...

EDIT: So far, so good. The PS4 found out there was an update, and downloaded it, then I got a "ready to install" notification, but it looks like as long as I don't exit the game, I'm good. Stats so far: 118 credits, 25/26, and about the last 40 tokens since I reached 25/26.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Greed Tune fix confirmed on Twight Zone and yes, it's the actual Greed music and NOT the Power Battle music like it currently is on PC.

Thanks again for confirming this issue has been resolved.

Now all that's needed is something that's supposed to stop the music at specific points during the game, including LITZ, Multiball, and Clock Chaos, among them all.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I'm still on a Safecracker "suspend mode" run (25/26 for the last 20 tokens or so, never got the 26th one yet); hopefully it won't force me to update next time I play since it's coming from suspend mode...

Settings >> Network >> Offline Mode

This will prevent the system from checking for updates and you'll be able to resume your suspended game.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Woohoo! Got the Dog Bonus goal the 2nd time I achieved it!

But I don't know if I'll ever get the Pistol Poker Super Jackpot or the 4x skill shot in Banzai Run (once it is released)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The music and sound samples on Scared Stiff are playing a bit too fast after the update making them sound high pitched.

Members online

Members online