Site is Unencrypted Connection

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Tried sending a PM to [MENTION=1]Gord Lacey[/MENTION], no response, The site is displayed as a plain white screen with blue text on both my phone and PC using Duckduckgo and Firefox respectively. Also I cannot sign in on my phone at all. I noticed the site now has php at the end of the address and pages will not refresh not sure if that is related. I now see if I temporarily disable protection the site shows correctly, any advice or a fix would be greatly appreciated. These issues really limit me visiting the site (hope its not intentional :p).

btw thank you for keeping the site going all this time

*edit* my mistake, the PM I tried to send Gord is not in my sent folder, to late now that I made the thread

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There haven't been any changes on the server side of things that I know of. No VB upgrades of any kind. I'm not really sure what to tell you, sorry.

When did you start having this problem?

I also moved this to the Off-Topic/Forum Discussion, as it doesn't pertain to the game.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Damn that sucks, I have tried to figure it out but no luck. I guess then its been fun, see you guys on the FLIP side :p

Mar 9, 2012
Damn that sucks, I have tried to figure it out but no luck. I guess then its been fun, see you guys on the FLIP side :p

What is the protection you disabled that allowed you view the site? The protection must have a whitelist that you can add the site address so the protection is disabled when you try to access it but still be enabled for any other site you visit.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
There is definitely a problem as its happening here too and I have made no changes to Firefox.

I also notice that if I add www. to the start of the domain the site renders correctly again, although still no encryption. But once you do anything like login or click a link it breaks again as it loads back to digitalpinballfans.com without the www. at the start.

I also checked Chrome, that DOES render the site template correctly at all times but still no encryption. If I try to force https in Chrome it connects but the site stylesheet breaks.

I notice that some of the Javascript and the base url is set is unsecured, but I wouldn't expect any of that to prevent the site template rendering correctly.

On an unrelated note, Facebook login hasn't worked for me in months either, it always says unable to connect to server.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My guess is that Facebook changed something on their end, and vB hasn't done whatever update needs to be done. I'll see if I can remove the FB login from the site (especially given the issues related to FB and privacy lately).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.