Official Announcement.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Quick question here.

I bought several tables before I became a beta tester, but I need to be sure I buy them before they go off sale in June....I was just wondering how I need to do that.

If I uninstall the test flight app from my iPad will that do it....or are they tied to my user ID that I'm using for the Beta Testing ?

Uninstall test flight and install regular app. If you don’t see your purchases, get in touch with support immediately. You don’t want to wait around to find out, and you can reinstall test flight to prove you purchased.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Quick question here.

I bought several tables before I became a beta tester, but I need to be sure I buy them before they go off sale in June....I was just wondering how I need to do that.

If I uninstall the test flight app from my iPad will that do it....or are they tied to my user ID that I'm using for the Beta Testing ?

I’ve never had a problem switching back and forth. Occasionally I would have to log out and back in.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
Although this news really bites there were only a handful of Williams/Bally pins left that I really wanted anyhow (Embryon/Fire!/Congo/The Shadow...being the only big ones). If TPA can pull off tables like Mystery Castle, Pinball Magic, Big Bang Bar, Seawitch I'll be fine. If they can pull off Stern tables like Metallica, Batman and Monopoly then I will not be missing the lesser Williams tables.

Onward.....

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Uninstall test flight and install regular app. If you don’t see your purchases, get in touch with support immediately. You don’t want to wait around to find out, and you can reinstall test flight to prove you purchased.

Thanks, I'm going to try that tonight !

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
We now have our first look at TPA in a post-WMS world.

The Switch version has been relisted on the eShop and will be back tomorrow.

Frankenstein is the free table. All of the new SPA sterns are in the screenshots.

SPA is well and truly redundant now. I'm actually irritated I even bought SPA tables on Switch.

Hopefully the tables aren't sold in bundles that force us to rebuy these tables or buy all the garbage ones if we want the few good ones left.
Did they delist it again or are you seeing Stern Pinball? I don't see it.

wesman

Apr 11, 2018
It's in the news section if you've subscribed to their "channel". It will then come up within your feed on your Switch. That's how I found it just after noon yesterday.

Titanic4

Mar 4, 2015
That's some bad news. I was hoping to see both Riverboat Gambler and Truck Stop in The Pinball Arcade. Also, what about Tales of the Arabian Nights, which is included with The Pinball Arcade as the freebie? Will that table be unavailable for anyone downloading TPA after the deadline?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
uZtGjuf.jpg

wesman

Apr 11, 2018
Looks like $91 for the new Pinball Arcade tables on Switch, split between 4 Gotlieb packs, 2 at 9.99, 2 at $8.99. Two Stern packs, like before, for $19.99. An Alvin G. pack at 7.99, and the Doctor Who table for $4.99.

Total, $91.

wesman

Apr 11, 2018
Jesus, real **** kicker, Tales of the Arabian Knights, seems to be gone from my game!!! Mother ****er......

The icon is entirely changed, now it's a generic blue background with just the logo. Williams/Bally is obviously removed from having rights credit at start up, and Frankenstein is in listed in "My Tables" and no Tales....

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Jesus, real **** kicker, Tales of the Arabian Knights, seems to be gone from my game!!! Mother ****er......

The icon is entirely changed, now it's a generic blue background with just the logo. Williams/Bally is obviously removed from having rights credit at start up, and Frankenstein is in listed in "My Tables" and no Tales....

yea would have been nice if I knew in advance updating would make me lose Tales. I thought it was implyed you keep it if you downloaded it before it was taken down but I guess not.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For those interested in cabinet mode, Arcooda just made available what they've been working on with FarSight, but it's only available until June 30th. Unfortunately FarSight hadn't completed all the tables yet, but 76 are done. Check out the info here http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/538-Cabinet-Mode-for-TPA-via-Arcooda-Software

Initially this was going to be exclusive to Arcooda Cabinets, but they asked FarSight to open up the license so they can sell it to any cabinet owner. There is still proprietary stuff exclusive to the Arcooda version, but the table view, graphical and lighting aspects are the same no matter what version you buy. Arcooda is getting just as hosed by this WMS deal as everyone else, as this software has been in development for over a year now and they are trying to salvage what they can in the limited time they have to do it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012

Maybe this is just another buggy update from FarSight? A FarSight developer stated the following:

"Anything you had or have purchased before June 30th, 2018 will be yours to keep including Tales O. T. Arabian Nights."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/1694920442963087824/?ctp=2#c1694920442963876349

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Nice that they put out an EM pack for Goettlib. :)

The remainder of the packs... not so good. *shudders*

Stern Pack 1, could work. The funny thing is, if Starship Troopers wasn't there, I'd probably see it as a good deal.

wesman

Apr 11, 2018
I posted and for some reason it didn't come up. But yes, only if you bought season one, do you keep Tales, otherwise it's gone it seems.... I just wouldn't update the app if you want to keep it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts