Official Announcement.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
What smart guy thought it was a good idea to make Flight 2000 exclusive to Stern Bundle #1 on TPA?

That table isn't on SPA and now the only way to get it is to buy a $20 bundle of tables I ALREADY BOUGHT IN SPA ON SWITCH.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
What smart guy thought it was a good idea to make Flight 2000 exclusive to Stern Bundle #1 on TPA?

That table isn't on SPA and now the only way to get it is to buy a $20 bundle of tables I ALREADY BOUGHT IN SPA ON SWITCH.

ATTN Farsight, is there going to be love for those that bought into SPA to be able to transfer to TPA on Switch?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
That still wouldn't help with Flight 2000 being trapped in a $20 pack full of tables that people who bought them for SPA on Switch already have.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hang on so the switch release of TPA will include all seasons and the Williams/Bally tables up till the end of June?

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Initially this was going to be exclusive to Arcooda Cabinets,

Let's imagine another dimension where Farsight could have kept the license. Would we hobbyist players have been offered an official cabinet support add-on?

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I guess I feel vindicated in buying all the seasons again on PS4, but this sucks. That’s the risk with licensed property though. So has WMS sold the license elsewhere? Zen would seem to be the most likely candidate to me, though I have to think they’d launch a new app.

I’d like to think whomever had it will put in the effort to do an all-in-one affair with good physics and not just release a series of standalones. Be nice to think we’d get stuff we haven’t seen before as well.

Edit: having read most of the thread (the stuff I could tolerate, anyway), I’m stunned it just appears the license was refused and not lost to a competitor. Possibly one of the worst aspects of our IP regime is IP being withheld due to rights owners not being able to be determined or just being dicks. These tables were released in physical form for everyone to enjoy; they should just be available for people to digitise to keep them alive. I know there are unlicensed ones, but let’s face it, the console experience I what most people want.

A real shame. Thanks Farsight- here’s hoping you can work things out in the future!

Last edited:

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
For those interested in cabinet mode, Arcooda just made available what they've been working on with FarSight, but it's only available until June 30th. Unfortunately FarSight hadn't completed all the tables yet, but 76 are done. Check out the info here http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/538-Cabinet-Mode-for-TPA-via-Arcooda-Software

Initially this was going to be exclusive to Arcooda Cabinets, but they asked FarSight to open up the license so they can sell it to any cabinet owner. There is still proprietary stuff exclusive to the Arcooda version, but the table view, graphical and lighting aspects are the same no matter what version you buy. Arcooda is getting just as hosed by this WMS deal as everyone else, as this software has been in development for over a year now and they are trying to salvage what they can in the limited time they have to do it.
Not to disrupt really important drama over Flight 2000 (how does FS sleep at night?)
But I would like more on this ^^^^
I'm curious to see the difference with the current steam offering.
Last summer we had a lot of table updates (expecting again this summer?) was it from working on this?
Will this unlock Gold Addams Family? :D

Comp_Lex

Dec 14, 2015
I'm wondering what the reason behind this all is. Is Scientific Games going to re-release / remake the physical tables? Are we going to see more digital versions of modern Stern tables now?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I encourage all of you to listen to our BlahCade podcast we just recorded and posted...

http://blahcadepinball.com/bobby-king-wms-license

A lot of your questions will be answered in this, and Jared has laid out detailed timing notes for those that just want to skip ahead. Next week we'll dive into full speculation mode about what we think and hope is happening with the WMS license.

As for the Arcooda stuff, check out the official website http://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com for all the details yourself. We also talk about it in the podcast as we're in communication with Arcooda. I'm hoping to get up to FarSight in the next few weeks so I can get my hands on the Arcooda cabinet they've been developing on, so I can report with first hand knowledge.

Dan asked above, "Would we hobbyist players have been offered an official cabinet support add-on?" and the answer would have been "no". This software was being developed exclusively for use with Arcooda cabinets. So I guess the silver lining here is until June 30th, it's available to all.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Started it up right now sorry I'm still behind a few episodes but can't wait for the video afterwards.
:)
I encourage all of you to listen to our BlahCade podcast we just recorded and posted...

A lot of your questions will be answered in this, and Jared has laid out detailed timing notes for those that just want to skip ahead. Next week we'll dive into full speculation mode about what we think and hope is happening with the WMS license.

As for the Arcooda stuff, check out the official website http://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com for all the details yourself. We also talk about it in the podcast as we're in communication with Arcooda. I'm hoping to get up to FarSight in the next few weeks so I can get my hands on the Arcooda cabinet they've been developing on, so I can report with first hand knowledge.

Dan asked above, "Would we hobbyist players have been offered an official cabinet support add-on?" and the answer would have been "no". This software was being developed exclusively for use with Arcooda cabinets. So I guess the silver lining here is until June 30th, it's available to all.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
From their Facebook. Pretty much 65% of the game will be gone. :/

1Tales of the Arabian Nights
2Theatre of Magic
3Medieval Madness
4The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot
5Cirqus Voltaire
6FunHouse
7Gorgar
8Monster Bash
9Black Knight
(...)

* The Pinball Arcade 2012-2018 *

LMSjxBn.gif

Just for fun, there's TPA's lineup to attract new players after June 30th.

Al's Garage Band
Big Hurt
Big Shot
Black Hole
Bone Busters Inc.
(...)

bummed.gif

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Good interview. The best thing that I got out of this is that they ARE working on getting Stern's LCD system working in the game. My only real complaint is that the only "other company" that really got discussed was Capcom. I would have been interested in their stance on companies like Jersey Jack or Spooky Pinball (being able to play TNA in TPA would be fantastic).

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I think rooting for them to get LCD recreations up and running is something we can all get behind. It would certainly give us some great new possibilities for future tables.

What was said about Capcom? That isn't in the timing notes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think rooting for them to get LCD recreations up and running is something we can all get behind. It would certainly give us some great new possibilities for future tables.

What was said about Capcom? That isn't in the timing notes.

They didn't used to think they could do Capcom, being warned that the emulation was tough and it'd be a system hog. Now that they are dealing with modern devices, being able to put out something like Ghostbusters which is way more than what any Capcom would need, it's totally in the realm of possibility and something they are looking at as an option.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
That's great news. Hopefully they can get the Capcom license.

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out who (if anyone) currently owns the Game Plan copyright.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.