Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Official Announcement.

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With people being able to tell the difference between a DS4 controller plugged in an older PS4 (power only, still bluetooth) vs the newer PS4 (full wired connection) I doubt that they are going to be happy with a streambox and its inherent network latency = lag.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone I'm new here and created account to ask one question.Athough it's nice to be able to post now and not just read! I tried searching here and online but can't find the info. Anyway, is the Paragon table on PS4 exclusive to Season 7 pack or is it yet to be released as a standalone? It doesn't show up on the PlayStation store. Also, when you select purchase table from within the game it says content not available. I have purchased about half the tables from each season starting after Season 1 so buying the Season packs wouldn't but be smart economically. Was hoping to buy Paragon on it's own and now with the licenses expiring I'm afraid I'll miss it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: Nevermind. Just got email back from Farsighted with the status of it.
    Last edited by NMErickson; 05-31-2018 at 06:05 PM.

My Devices
    PC / Mobile / TV Box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i got Season 6 unlocked via Kickstarter backer for TAFG or Dr. Who (can't remember) and in Steam it shows that i don't own the DLC but it is unlocked in-game. Screenshot:

Does this mean i can still download the tables if i remove them from my PCs hard disk drive?
    Dr. Who - $100 tier (Gold Club)

Terminator: 89,836,400

TAFG: 472,955,480

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    So i got Season 6 unlocked via Kickstarter backer for TAFG or Dr. Who (can't remember) and in Steam it shows that i don't own the DLC but it is unlocked in-game. Screenshot:

Does this mean i can still download the tables if i remove them from my PCs hard disk drive?
    Yes, you own the tables. By signing in to your account, it recognizes this and will download the appropriate tables.

My Devices
    PC / Mobile / TV Box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't Steam register it as downloaded and installed? Would cure my OCD
    Dr. Who - $100 tier (Gold Club)

Terminator: 89,836,400

TAFG: 472,955,480

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Nexus 6P, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because it wasn't sold through steam.

It was added to your Farsight account when you filled out the kickstarter survey. Thus to get the table, you must always log into your Farsight account.

Senior Member QuickAceItsA2ndChance's Avatar
    My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S8, Tablet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if this has been asked before. Will the tables I purchased for my Android phone through my Google Play account be available to download to another Android device after June 30th?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAceItsA2ndChance View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before. Will the tables I purchased for my Android phone through my Google Play account be available to download to another Android device after June 30th?
    I know iOS purchases will transfer from one device to another, so I’d think the same rules apply for Android.

9.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #259
    FarSight Employee
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickAceItsA2ndChance View Post
    They will be. The tables will still be in game for customers that have purchased them, some purchases are tracked via FarSight Login or through your Google Play account. As long as you use the same accounts, you will have access to your purchases. After June 30th, we are removing the options to purchase the Williams/Bally tables. So you will no longer see the tables displayed in game if you don't own them and they will not be available to be purchased.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be a sale on PSN? I mean making lesser money is still better than making no money, right?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy.Long View Post
    Will there be a sale on PSN? I mean making lesser money is still better than making no money, right?
    Williams has forbidden FarSight from putting the game on discount.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is that despite the loss of the Bally/Williams license, and the various issues some tables have, I will continue to buy any and all tables Farsight may release in the future for TPA/SPA on PS4. I'm not any kind of champion pinballer, but I do love to play the tables. I currently have all of everything available for PS3/PS4 and Vita and don't plan to quit getting all the newest releases.

My Devices
    iPad, Xbox One
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i get all the Williams tables on IOS, for my iPad. What happens the next time, the new IOS version X comes out. Will farsight decided it’s to costly to upgrade the apps? Talking a year or two down the line here. This is the most important answer I need before I pluck down hundreds of dollars on all the apps. Because I’ve seen so many game apps that has yet to be upgraded to our current IOS version.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, then Farsight will have a lot of angry people who are unable to play TPA. Heck, we get lots of threads about TPA not working on BETA versions of the operating system, so I think as long as they're still selling TPA and others, they will maintain it. iOS I believe is one of their top revenue platforms, after all.

Of course, there are never any guarantees. They could stop supporting iOS as of tomorrow, for example. They could also shut their doors tomorrow (heaven forbid).

My Devices
    Xbox One (for now)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just fired up the podcast now, finally. So maybe anything I say here has already been discussed ...

My guess is that WMS, since physical machines no longer generate a viable revenue stream, would not benefit unless they are granting the license to produce to someone else. But then, Farsight built all this from scratch, nobody else could probably do the process of recreating real machines as efficiently? It's alot of work. And who could possibly do this besides Farsight? They'd be starting from scratch, and who has experience making digital creations of real pinball???? At least at the level that Farsight has created to date. Maybe someone thinks they can be done better??? Farsight foibles aside, I'll believe THAT when I see it.

Whole thing is odd.....

I'll leave it with this. Why not all that experience at Farsight, why not create real world style original tables, in contrast to Zen with the "fantastic" originals?
    Last edited by steven120566; 06-16-2018 at 06:02 AM.

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with the announcement that Farsight was going away from a monthly schedule that maybe the WMS license holder was wondering exactly how much profit they would get with only 5-6 tables coming out each year, while it is true that Bally/Williams had some of the best tables and they made up usually around half the seasons, excluding the year the license was gone and we got Gottlieb, they had to be a little disappointed with the idea of maybe only 2-3 tables a year.
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 06-16-2018 at 08:40 AM.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    My guess is that WMS, since physical machines no longer generate a viable revenue stream, would not benefit unless they are granting the license to produce to someone else. But then, Farsight built all this from scratch, nobody else could probably do the process of recreating real machines as efficiently? It's alot of work. And who could possibly do this besides Farsight? They'd be starting from scratch, and who has experience making digital creations of real pinball????
    Not to mention, they would have re-acquire the licenses to make some of those premium licensed tables. With that said, would any company be willing to spend 4 years gathering all the rights to recreate the TAF table? Or STTNG? Or TZ? Or T2? Etc.....
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-16-2018 at 02:03 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the record, it's not been 10 years...

My Devices
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    For the record, it's not been 10 years...

What is up with that pricing? $14.99 for console, $19.99 for PSP, and $29.99 for Wii. The mind boggles at certain decisions, and also is enlightened at the same time.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

buy BlahCade t-shirt at represent.com/blahcade-shirt

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    What is up with that pricing? $14.99 for console, $19.99 for PSP, and $29.99 for Wii. The mind boggles at certain decisions, and also is enlightened at the same time.
    The PS2 version contains only 8 tables. The PSP (tiny screen) and the Wii versions (larger screen) contains 10 tables.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-16-2018 at 02:09 PM.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if I were to buy a new PS4 (after the 30th of June) would I still be able to download all of the Williams/Bally tables that I own onto the new PS4? I was thinking about purchasing a new PS4 and giving the old one I have to my brother as a gift. I just don't want to buy a new PS4 if I wont be able to download any of the Williams/Bally tables that I currently own. I'm assuming I should be able to since I will be using the same PSN ID I used to buy all the tables with.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NateisGreat88 View Post
    I was wondering if I were to buy a new PS4 (after the 30th of June) would I still be able to download all of the Williams/Bally tables that I own onto the new PS4? I was thinking about purchasing a new PS4 and giving the old one I have to my brother as a gift. I just don't want to buy a new PS4 if I wont be able to download any of the Williams/Bally tables that I currently own. I'm assuming I should be able to since I will be using the same PSN ID I used to buy all the tables with.
    Yes, you’ll be able to re-download.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will be able to do so as long as you use the same PSN account and Farsight account.

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I very much suspect that we're never going to see the back catalog of Bally/Williams EVER available for back catalog digitally again - for multiple reasons:

1. Rights are now held by a gambling technology company, which stands to make exponentially more money by using the IP for pinball gambling, which I suspect will be a new thing in gambling soon (kind of like a digital slot machine, which comes down to chance but gives the illusion of skill.

2. There is a market barrier disadvantage for a new company to invest the costs into developing tables that were already created digitally. The potential consumers is drastically less, given that many would already own the original table in some form - even if half were willing to rebuy, it would make it far more difficult to turn a profit.

3. I think what's going to happen will be VERY similar to the GIT Corp complete X-Men and Spider-Man comic DVD's which came out before iPad/digital comic subscriptions. Many of Marvel's popular titles complete back catalogues were released on DVD for digital reading in perpetuity. I bought the X-men one for my brother for $49. The Spiderman disk is now $399.99!: https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spide...insidecom05-20

What do others think?
    Last edited by jonesjb; 06-19-2018 at 06:57 AM.

My Devices
    Xbox One (for now)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great questions Jones. Mr. King said in the podcast "go in a different direction" is WMS reason. I believe that another digital pinball company is not what they mean. I also thought, possibly because of the current "revival" of pinball, maybe they wanted to make the machines again. But, then I woke up. So it may be a VERY different direction as you suggest.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast