Official Announcement.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Our longstanding licenses for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will finally come to an end on June 30th, 2018. Therefore, after this date tables from these manufacturers will no longer be offered for sale within the Pinball Arcade. However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.

So if you’ve ever been interested in owning these great tables, please purchase them now, before they disappear!

FarSight will continue to release new tables for the Pinball Arcade. We are excited to announce that Season 8 will launch later this summer and will feature all of the recent Stern tables in Stern Pinball Arcade along with several new tables.

We’d like to sincerely thank all of our customers and fans over the past decade. Your amazing support of our game has helped build the Pinball Arcade into the greatest pinball simulation of all time. Pinball forever!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I honestly hope this won't be the last we will see them for sale.

Seriously, they should consider at least omitting Season 7 for now. Banzai Run will only be here for 4 months, making this the shortest lifespan of any table on TPA.

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
So what does this mean for the switch release? Is that still happening? Is it still happening but minus all those tables?

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Once the license is up they can no longer offer them for sale. Same happened with the Zen Pinball soccer tables.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
*OUCH!* "In 2018, the internet predicts that the Steam Summer Sale will start on June 21" Let's hope Farsight will have a big Now Or Never sale on everything except Season 7 (there also needs to be $ to pay the devs).

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Ouch that stings, only have season 1 and season 7 on my PS4, have more seasons on the PS3 (which is collecting dust). Not sure I could afford to buy the rest of the seasons this soon. ..............:(

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I take it this means TPA will be back on the Switch eshop no sooner than Tuesday, July 3rd, minus most of the tables that make TPA worth buying.

And so what was the point of SPA?

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
This feels like the beginning of the end for TPA. Gutted we won’t see a refresh of season 1 tables. I do worry about what happens if FS close up shop - will the app and tables still be playable in years to come :confused:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Flippy, will you guys be permitted to fix any bugs the tables, or will the versions we have on June 30th be the versions forever?

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
So much for me FINALLY having a portable platform powerful enough to play them reliably.

Seems I will be stuck playing FX3 on Switch as all the tables I like are in the list of being removed so unlikely to release on Switch (I can only guess they never had a right to launch them on Switch to begin with thus the pulling of the game).

Its also far too late notice to buy the packs I'm missing on Steam. If I had known before upgrading my PC then maybe but not now. This just completely sucks!

Also hugely unprofessional of them to not be responding to people concerns on Facebook. They just dropped this bomb shell and hid.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Pretty disappointing news, so many great Bally/Williams' tables still left to bring to TPA like Flash Gordon, Medusa, Barracora, Frontier, Mousin' Around!, Space Station, Skateball, Embryon, Grand Lizard, Radical!, Viking and Defender, with those being the ones in the top 150 on Pinside.:( Guess we can always hope they can renegotiate a new deal somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hopefully some other company sees value in the license and picks it up. Sound like that’s the only way we will see new Bally/Williams pins.
Really sad to see this end.

In the mean time.....bring on the Gottlieb EMs

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
kirk2.gif

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Won’t Someone think of the tournaments?

I mean they are pretty munch done right. Can’t include tables that not everyone has access to.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Still some pretty good tables left from the other companies.

Gottlieb was king of the EM's for the most part so still can get tables like Abra Ca Dabra, Royal Flush, World Fair, and Cross Town etc.
Stern Electronics' still has quite a few that could join lonely Flight 2000: Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb, and Star Gazer etc.
Gottlieb has Joker Poker, Spirit, Robo-War, Alien Star, Devil's Dare and Count-Down etc.
Data East has several unlicensed tables to bring out like Time Machine, Laser War, Torpedo Alley, Checkpoint and Secret Service.
Alvin G. & Co. still have Mystery Castle to make it on TPA.
Game Plan has Andromeda and Cyclopes
Plus the licensed tables from the current Stern that they can help with.

Members online

Members online