Official Announcement.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
All I can say is that despite the loss of the Bally/Williams license, and the various issues some tables have, I will continue to buy any and all tables Farsight may release in the future for TPA/SPA on PS4. I'm not any kind of champion pinballer, but I do love to play the tables. I currently have all of everything available for PS3/PS4 and Vita and don't plan to quit getting all the newest releases.

Rainetshop

Feb 25, 2013
If i get all the Williams tables on IOS, for my iPad. What happens the next time, the new IOS version X comes out. Will farsight decided it’s to costly to upgrade the apps? Talking a year or two down the line here. This is the most important answer I need before I pluck down hundreds of dollars on all the apps. Because I’ve seen so many game apps that has yet to be upgraded to our current IOS version.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, then Farsight will have a lot of angry people who are unable to play TPA. Heck, we get lots of threads about TPA not working on BETA versions of the operating system, so I think as long as they're still selling TPA and others, they will maintain it. iOS I believe is one of their top revenue platforms, after all.

Of course, there are never any guarantees. They could stop supporting iOS as of tomorrow, for example. They could also shut their doors tomorrow (heaven forbid).

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Just fired up the podcast now, finally. So maybe anything I say here has already been discussed ... :)

My guess is that WMS, since physical machines no longer generate a viable revenue stream, would not benefit unless they are granting the license to produce to someone else. But then, Farsight built all this from scratch, nobody else could probably do the process of recreating real machines as efficiently? It's alot of work. And who could possibly do this besides Farsight? They'd be starting from scratch, and who has experience making digital creations of real pinball???? At least at the level that Farsight has created to date. Maybe someone thinks they can be done better??? Farsight foibles aside, I'll believe THAT when I see it.

Whole thing is odd.....

I'll leave it with this. Why not all that experience at Farsight, why not create real world style original tables, in contrast to Zen with the "fantastic" originals?

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I think with the announcement that Farsight was going away from a monthly schedule that maybe the WMS license holder was wondering exactly how much profit they would get with only 5-6 tables coming out each year, while it is true that Bally/Williams had some of the best tables and they made up usually around half the seasons, excluding the year the license was gone and we got Gottlieb, they had to be a little disappointed with the idea of maybe only 2-3 tables a year.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
My guess is that WMS, since physical machines no longer generate a viable revenue stream, would not benefit unless they are granting the license to produce to someone else. But then, Farsight built all this from scratch, nobody else could probably do the process of recreating real machines as efficiently? It's alot of work. And who could possibly do this besides Farsight? They'd be starting from scratch, and who has experience making digital creations of real pinball????

Not to mention, they would have re-acquire the licenses to make some of those premium licensed tables. With that said, would any company be willing to spend 4 years gathering all the rights to recreate the TAF table? Or STTNG? Or TZ? Or T2? Etc.....

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
What is up with that pricing? $14.99 for console, $19.99 for PSP, and $29.99 for Wii. The mind boggles at certain decisions, and also is enlightened at the same time.
The PS2 version contains only 8 tables. The PSP (tiny screen) and the Wii versions (larger screen) contains 10 tables.

Last edited:

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
I was wondering if I were to buy a new PS4 (after the 30th of June) would I still be able to download all of the Williams/Bally tables that I own onto the new PS4? I was thinking about purchasing a new PS4 and giving the old one I have to my brother as a gift. I just don't want to buy a new PS4 if I wont be able to download any of the Williams/Bally tables that I currently own. I'm assuming I should be able to since I will be using the same PSN ID I used to buy all the tables with.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was wondering if I were to buy a new PS4 (after the 30th of June) would I still be able to download all of the Williams/Bally tables that I own onto the new PS4? I was thinking about purchasing a new PS4 and giving the old one I have to my brother as a gift. I just don't want to buy a new PS4 if I wont be able to download any of the Williams/Bally tables that I currently own. I'm assuming I should be able to since I will be using the same PSN ID I used to buy all the tables with.

Yes, you’ll be able to re-download.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
I very much suspect that we're never going to see the back catalog of Bally/Williams EVER available for back catalog digitally again - for multiple reasons:

1. Rights are now held by a gambling technology company, which stands to make exponentially more money by using the IP for pinball gambling, which I suspect will be a new thing in gambling soon (kind of like a digital slot machine, which comes down to chance but gives the illusion of skill.

2. There is a market barrier disadvantage for a new company to invest the costs into developing tables that were already created digitally. The potential consumers is drastically less, given that many would already own the original table in some form - even if half were willing to rebuy, it would make it far more difficult to turn a profit.

3. I think what's going to happen will be VERY similar to the GIT Corp complete X-Men and Spider-Man comic DVD's which came out before iPad/digital comic subscriptions. Many of Marvel's popular titles complete back catalogues were released on DVD for digital reading in perpetuity. I bought the X-men one for my brother for $49. The Spiderman disk is now $399.99!: https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-Complete-Collection/dp/B000HKIM7Q?tag=pinsidecom05-20

What do others think?

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Great questions Jones. Mr. King said in the podcast "go in a different direction" is WMS reason. I believe that another digital pinball company is not what they mean. I also thought, possibly because of the current "revival" of pinball, maybe they wanted to make the machines again. But, then I woke up. So it may be a VERY different direction as you suggest.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Williams has forbidden FarSight from putting the game on discount.

Is this true?
Does this mean we should not expect any kind of sale on season packs before the month is up?
I’ve purchased so many tables on iOS and Xbox I really don’t want to spend full price for my new PS4

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Is this true?
Does this mean we should not expect any kind of sale on season packs before the month is up?
I’ve purchased so many tables on iOS and Xbox I really don’t want to spend full price for my new PS4

I can confirm that there will be no sale on Williams/Bally tables before June 30th.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
From what I have read jonesjb, part of the deal of keeping them offered until June 30 was to not allow sales of any kind. I am sure that is a WMS demand. Whatever their "other direction" is, they clearly wanted to minimize the number of additional tables Farsight would sell in that interim, by whatever means they could dictate.

Last edited:

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Can someone tell me or direct me to the list of tables that come on the PS4 disc? Can’t seem to find this anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.